• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vYn's monthlies at Play' N ' Trade Ft.Lauderdale (Cancelled)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The person who wins the 1st round SHOULD have a better chance of winning the 3rd round...thats why the 1st match is so important...and that's why having secondaries is so important, to cover your bad matchups AND bad stages.

Take pikachu for instance:
Bad against G&W, MK, Marth
Bad levels are Luigi's Mansion and Brinstar
So, i play DK. DK does good against those 3 characters (even or better) and does good on mansion and brinstar, so it covers all of my options.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
nice one esam
And yea i guess the first match is the most important but it could also go in favor of the person who is best in neutral stages...eh...
and your pikachu reasoning is good....i use yoshi and i have bad matchups against 2 of those three...dont know why i second pit though...bad matchup against G&W lol

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Who's CaliburChamp anyways? The dude sounds like a total scrub and is madd ignorant of some facts (stop whining)...:027:

Gindler

Smash Champion
The person who wins the 1st round SHOULD have a better chance of winning the 3rd round...thats why the 1st match is so important...and that's why having secondaries is so important, to cover your bad matchups AND bad stages.

So, i play DK. DK does good against those 3 characters (even or better) and does good on mansion and brinstar, so it covers all of my options.
True true, if I usually lose my first match I'll be in a bad mindset too.

My main and all my secondaries have trouble with marth which is really annoying. So I usually just go yoshi against everyone (except pit and rob, hate getting outcamped) can't think of any level that's horrible beside yoshi's island just because I hate it soo much.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Ok accepting MMs for the next PnT. $1 each only.

Esam: Pika vs Diddy? (I'll remember my ban this time...XD)

Master Raven: Snake vs DDD? or MK vs Diddy?

Chaz: Marth vs DDD?

Any takers?

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Ill try to come to the next one....and even though its in summer vacations my dad will probably not be able to take me....
Ill find a ride even if i have to go with those two crazy ladies that got lost ten times on the way to coming to the tourney that just passed lol ( reason for why i was late )

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
to caliburchamp: i never gave you a shoutout about your lucario sooo..... yea.... nice lucario lol... i was kinda glad you didnt aura spam me like most lucarios do...ggs
and also what you said about the counterpicks just now, OmniOstritch stated that the person that won the first round, lost the second to a counterpick then won in the third round because of a counterpick.... so basically the person that won the first round would have the better chance of winning the third round...i guess
Believe me, I wanted to spam you but couldn't, Pit can out spam Lucario and reflect Aura Sphere back. Which you were doing, massive arrow spam, no approaching and reflecting with shield. Usually if I have that problem with camping and spamming I switch to MK. Since neither Lucario or Kirby have the speed to get through that strategy you had with Pit.

I definitely agree with this. That's why starter stages affect certain characters so greatly. Example... Diddy Kong and banana tricks on flat stages. lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ok accepting MMs for the next PnT. $1 each only.

Esam: Pika vs Diddy? (I'll remember my ban this time...XD)

Master Raven: Snake vs DDD? or MK vs Diddy?

Chaz: Marth vs DDD?

Any takers?
Me, if i have the money.

I'm up for all MMs if it isn't character specific. If it is, tell me and i will agree/disagree.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Believe me, I wanted to spam you but couldn't, Pit can out spam Lucario and reflect Aura Sphere back. Which you were doing, massive arrow spam, no approaching and reflecting with shield. Usually if I have that problem with camping and spamming I switch to MK. Since neither Lucario or Kirby have the speed to get through that strategy you had with Pit.
lol sorry if it seemed i spammed arrows a lot... to tell you the truth lucarios just scare me...and the arrow spam was because i kept trying to arrow loop XD ( thats the main reason i main pit....arrow looping is just too much fun even if it is completely useless :D )

Oh and Esam... i want a money match rematch... PIKA MIRRORS :D....and yea i might throw in a yoshi in there too ( or should i go with pit...).....

Edit: ive decided to throw in link, ive neglected link too much and he was my original secondary. Next tournament im going yoshi, pit, and link :D

Master Raven

Smash Master
MnM I'll accept both MMs if I have the money.

I'm accepting MMs for both Snake and MK. I'm also wanting to start picking up ICs after watching Lain at Apex. >_>

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Don't play link...trust me...don't do it. And sure, I'll MM you and actually play serious :p

I definitely agree with this. That's why starter stages affect certain characters so greatly. Example... Diddy Kong and banana tricks on flat stages. lol.
Yeah, that's why i think there should be an odd number of even stages. FD, SV, and BF at least, since every character is at least good on one of them. But, since a lot of the HIGHER tiered characters are good on more of the stages, it gives them more of an advantage, which probably helped in their tier placement.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Who's CaliburChamp anyways? The dude sounds like a total scrub and is madd ignorant of some facts (stop whining)...:027:
Sandtru, I have the balls to speak my mind even if people don't agree with me. Cause it's better to have spoken up than not do anything about it. Scrubs are the ones that just sit back and don't do any thinking for themselves. You have the wrong idea about me.

lol sorry if it seemed i spammed arrows a lot... to tell you the truth lucarios just scare me...and the arrow spam was because i kept trying to arrow loop XD ( thats the main reason i main pit....arrow looping is just too much fun even if it is completely useless :D )

Oh and Esam... i want a money match rematch... PIKA MIRRORS :D....and yea i might throw in a yoshi in there too ( or should i go with pit...).....
Its ok. I'll just go MK on you next time. :)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Speaking your mind about something in which you're terribly incorrect is not in some way valiant... If you're uneducated on a subject then you should ask questions instead of giving random stupid "solutions" that just make you look ignorant...:027:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Speaking your mind about something in which you're terribly incorrect is not in some way valiant... If you're uneducated on a subject then you should ask questions instead of saying random stupid stuff...:027:
lol. Oh really? I gave my reasons why, you didn't. You just joined smashboards in April 09, when I been here since Oct 03. You should just not reply back your embarassing yourself like a scrub.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I still think that sandtru is G-money since he uses the sandshrews at the end of posts like Gmoney did for a while...

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
You've been around for 6 years and you have just now begun to understand the countering system used in both games after questioning it like a fool... :rolleyes:

That's 'cause I am Gmoney! ;)

...:027:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Oh please, go back in your underground tunnel and behave like a good sandshrew. lol.
I didn't even ask a question, it's the first time that rule has went against me at a tournament, I was saying it is a dumb rule. Then you come in here and start acting foolish like a scrub by dissing me out of no where when you weren't even at this tournament.
Masky, it doesn't matter if I don't know him.
Gindler, I have no idea what your talking about.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
My point was that you should ask questions if you're uneducated on something (learn2read)...:027:

edit: I'm glad people are laughing at this "argument" 'cause that's all I've been doing... :lick:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I didn't even ask a question, it's the first time that rule has went against me at a tournament, I was saying it is a dumb rule. Then you come in here and start acting foolish like a scrub by dissing me out of no where when you weren't even at this tournament.
Most of the time when counterpicking, people are more comfortable with their mains on the CPs, unless it totally wrecks their character (Like Nick Riddle on Frigate so he switched to zelda, which I think is the instance you started this whole thing) so he changed, which is totally knowledgable. I guess people just stay their mains against you since they know the CP you normally use with their mains better than their secondaries (and mains>secondaries in skill obviously)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol but no offense to green ace, but it is completely different at my level. I might go, idk if i want to go to a pool party or not.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Lol but no offense to green ace, but it is completely different at my level. I might go, idk if i want to go to a pool party or not.
Well , reguardless of skill level.
Pikachus grab is simple for me now.
I just have to hope nanas next to me before you break out ( thats like what half a second?lol)

Shaky

Smash Ace
GreenAce the Yoshi pro and Green Ace the pikachu, Esam was referring to the pikachu Gindler.

Top Bottom