• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Mark Dunstan "Marky-Mark" The Pink Luigi

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Friday January 7th around 8:00 Mark Dunstan left this world in a horrible car accident in Mountain View, Missouri.
His funeral is this Wednesday, the 12th in Eldon, Mo.

Mark was a member of BROKEN Crew, founded by KingSiegfried (Brandon Hurst). He played a very tricky, and sometimes flustering pink Luigi. Our crew has permanently retired the pink Luigi, of course we can't ask that everyone do the same, but I figure we can ask that if you do use the pink Luigi stand upon the nearest chair (or table) you see and announce-"In honor of Marky-Mark!" Then proceed with your match. He would have liked that, I'm sure.

The first time I met Marky-Mark was in the 4north dorm floor of Jefferson Tower in Rolla, MO. he had his shirt off and was blaring Lady Gaga from his monstrous computer, all the while running his hand across his PERFECT hair. It was truly a beautiful sight. Brandon introduced us and immediately I felt a warm silliness about him that was quite comforting. We proceeded to play smash soon after. His Luigi gave me a run for my money. I've never seen someone get so many random, lucky, and deadly, misfires. It seemed like 2 stocks a match I lost to dadgum misfires. I don't even...
Mark was loved by all that knew him. He made a positive impact where ever he went.

I miss you Marky-Mark. I wish I had gotten to know you better. Love you man.

I would like you all to post stories about Mark if you have them (shoutouts to Rolla) and if you don't have them just wish him and his family the best. I will send this page in a link to his parents.

Also a memorial tournament will be held soon in Missouri, all proceeds besides the venue fee will go to Mark's family.

The smash community has shined during tragedies like these before. Let's see it shine for one heck of a Luigi player.

Thank you all.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
i didn't know mark that well and had only met him once, but he was a pretty funny and nice guy. it was saddening to get the news about what happened. i wish his family and friend the best.

ps- let's make this memorial tourney happen.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Wow....depression.... Mark was a great guy, and I felt like I knew him for a long time even though I met him a couple of months ago. I wish his family the best, and RIP Mark.

iLegend

Smash Cadet
That's a tragic accident for anyone. I send my sincerest condolences to his friends and family. I've been in Springfield, MO for the last 4 months, and it sounds like it would've been a blast to meet and know this guy.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Mark I don't think I ever met you (considering I'm the newest and noobest member of the Broken crew), but you seriously sounded like one heck of a guy. My deepest condolances to any and everyone who knew him. The pain and the agony everyone has gone through that knew him must be horrible. Here's to you Marky-Mark! One last HOO-RAH for you man. Rest in peace. You will be missed.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Good-bye, dear friend.
I knew him for a few years, we had neighboring dorms in college and we had become really good friends.
Lordydennek is right, he was a man with PERFECT hair and an angelic body. Wings will make an excellent addition.
He mained an excellent Pink Luigi and played with a warrior's spirit.
As a person mark was happy, outgoing, funny, and was always ready to grief with that ego of his. :p All in all he was a fun guy.
I'm sure that somewhere, Mark is still showin' his moves.
Cya, man; R.I.P.

Also, guys that memorial tournament is totally on. We'll work out the details and post it here.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Stuff like this always makes me sad, and makes me go through my day asking myself a lot of questions. Thanks for everything you contributed to the world Mark. I never got to play you, but I wish I did. RIP man.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's always sad to hear a loved one pass away. :(

Even if you don't know the person personally, one always feels like something great has been lost. Our common goal here is Smash Bros. and when you hear of such a tragedy, one just can't help but to think of all the great heros we have lost over the past couple of years. :(

R.I.P man. I wish I could have played you.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I knew almost nothing about him, but if you'll allow, I just want to pay my respects.

He was a young man, but achieved much to be proud of.

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
Never met Marky-Mark before... Sounded like the greatest friend you have ever had, and one heck of a Luigi Player, and I'm a luigi player myself. When I go to "Taking Back Saturday tournament" this "Saturday", I'll do justice for Mark by wearing his Pink Suit, and win or lose, I'm doing it for him.

All wishes goes onto his family and friends that loved him dearly. R.I.P Marky-Mark

- LL62

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Sorry to hear about this guys :( that's really terrible, and you as his friends and also his family have my condolences.

It's really great of you guys to make this thread and for everyone else to show support. Exactly why I love the Smash community.

Much <3 and prayers to Sam, Brandon, Navneet, and everyone else

Radium88

Smash Lord
I am not sure if I got to meet him at HD but my condolences to his family, friends, and crew.

Hope the tournament goes well.

Winnar

Smash Lord
My condolences to his family and friends, I know it's terribly hard to lose a loved one like this.

Rest in peace, Mark.

Legan

Smash Lord
Not sure if I met him at HD remix either but Im assuming he was as friendly and easy going at the rest of his crew. My prayers go out to him and his fam.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Marky perfect hair Mark. You were always there to satisfy my smash addiction when (KING SIEGFRIED !!!) others were unavailable. Thank you for that, the countless times I borrowed your highlighter, and that time you helped me finish getting dressed for my interview (No homo). I tried picking up Luigi a few days ago just for you and I must say, I see why you used him. He's just as silly as you use to be! Although your gone, your not forgotten!

Top Bottom