• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Mark Dunstan "Marky-Mark" The Pink Luigi

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Takes a lot of dedication to listen to Lady Gaga and play Luigi. I couldn't do either. He truly sounds like a great man. Rest in Peace, Mark.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
R.I.P. Marky Mark
(I'm prolly playing some smash with some friends on friday, I can't wait to pick pink luigi and exclaim "In honor of Marky Mark")
I hate to be a downer, but I visit smash world like once a month and every time I'm on here I see a thread about a fellow smasher dieing. Coincidence? I think not.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know you, but from what I read, you were a really nice guy, somebody who has perfect hair, listens to Lady Gaga and plays a pink Luigi, whoa! This gives me a clue on what type of person you were, and this reminds me of one of my best friends! I'm sure you were someone with a great humor, etc.

All my condolences to those who knew him.

Legan

Smash Lord
I found Mark on facebook and now I remember meeting this kid, I couldnt really explain it but he really had positive aura around him. Like you couldnt help but like him and realize that he was a genuinley happy & fun person. I know exactly what you're talking about with the lucky misfires, he luigi was hilariously lucky. Again, you guys have my deepest condolences.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Another smasher's death...

It's things like this that make me truly appreciate every single match I play with every single player, no matter how much better or worse than me they might be. To be able to play the amazing game that is Super Smash Bros. Melee with anyone is something that should be cherished, casual match, tournament match, or money match; cherish every match. I wish I could have played a match with Mark, but I'm glad that he was able to experience Melee and it's community in his life.

I'm sorry that Mark had to pass so suddenly, and I hope his family, friends, and loved ones won't mourn his death, and rather, cherish everything they had with Mark.

Rest in peace, Mark.
Pokoisya s mirom, Mark.

- Eikelmann

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Im so tired of hearing about smasher's death :(

Its just so sad and i know what it is to lose a friend in the smash community.

mark i may have never met you but im sure you were a great guy. rip bro :(

hellcat27

Smash Rookie
Missing Mark Dunstan

Hi, I'm Mark's girlfriend. Losing Mark is easily the most terrible thing I have ever felt in my life... but I'm really happy and extremely proud to read all of the posts from smashers all around the country. He loved to smash quite a bit and gave every player a run for his money. He was even patient when teaching me a thing or two. (Also, thank you King Siegfried for helping out, too. I can only dream to be a Falco as great as you.)
So, I declare that everyone gets together, and for one night, we smash in honor of Mark.
(There will be Lady Gaga, sour skittles, Mountain Dew, and pizza rolls in tow.)

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Hi, I'm Mark's girlfriend. Losing Mark is easily the most terrible thing I have ever felt in my life... but I'm really happy and extremely proud to read all of the posts from smashers all around the country. He loved to smash quite a bit and gave every player a run for his money. He was even patient when teaching me a thing or two. (Also, thank you King Siegfried for helping out, too. I can only dream to be a Falco as great as you.)
So, I declare that everyone gets together, and for one night, we smash in honor of Mark.
(There will be Lady Gaga, sour skittles, Mountain Dew, and pizza rolls in tow.)
This sounds awesome.

Sam, post when you get the tourny thread up so I can see the details about when where etc, I'd really like to come out and support.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
We are still working out the details. it looks like it might be in april. but i may have a smashfest in feb for just an unnoffcial deal where we can just play around and stuff for just in state smashers. MO's scene needs to be united and now is a great time

hellcat27

Smash Rookie
Hey guys :)
So, besides the thing is April that may be going on, I'm getting together with the gamers club at TRCC in Poplar Bluff, MO. As of now it's looking like March 25th. That's a Friday. I need some feedback on if I should make it at 7pm or later... or earlier. My email is kayleegoins@live.com for any questions, suggestions, whatever.
Again, everything you guys are saying about Mark is making this a bit more bearable. Let's keep him alive with this scholarship fund, yeah?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Sorry to hear about the loss of MM. He sounds like a really great guy.

We'll make sure we let everyone know about the memorial event on the next episode of my podcast and we'll notify everyone involved when it releases. I really want to see a good turnout in memory of a beloved smasher. I really didn't know the guy, but I heard of his Pink Luigi. I want to give him his due.

We'll feature the event in one of our segment's in next week's show.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Mark, may you rest in peace and enjoy smash games up above with Undisputed, NESNoob, KishCubed and any other deceased smash players I'm not aware of.

I have gathered a small crowd of melee players in the Springfield, MO area whom would be interested in attending the memorial event when it takes place. Please make this happen and we will be there to support Marks family. Thank you.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
To see this thread still active is so so awesome.
Some of the stuff some ppl have said has seriously given me chills. It just goes to show how tight the smash community is and how (no matter how far away) everyone can come together in times of grief.
Smash is kinda all I have. My health is terrible and I'm not able to play any sports because of it, so melee is kinda my getaway from the reality of my life. To see everyone who is willing to support Mark and his family through all of this means an enormous amount. I hope this thread continues for a very long time.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Wow... it's terrible to hear about that kind of thing. R.I.P. Mark.. you will be missed =(

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I can't come to this, but Ill tell you this, I am going to show my respects at Pound 5 by playing a few matches with Pink Luigi, and I HATE PeptoWeegee.

hellcat27

Smash Rookie
Ready for round two?

The last Smash tourney was great. I say we give it another go-around.
I'm in Columbia now and the Smash crowd is much bigger here.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While I didn't know Mark, I now know Brandon & Karl (et. all) here in Rolla, so I'll undoubtedly be there to honor the Pink Luigi.

hellcat27

Smash Rookie
Round two

Well, let me work out the details, and there will be something up here in the coming weeks.

Top Bottom