• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
dunno UL. Things like that effect everyone differently based on the current situation and emotions in your life, you can come out with issues or with nothing at all

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
dunno UL. Things like that effect everyone differently based on the current situation and emotions in your life, you can come out with issues or with nothing at all
I almost drown in swimming lessons. so I taught myself how to swim, err, my dads friend threw me into the deep end of a pool after I told him I couldn't swim and I flailed for abit, then he came to rescue me. Turns out I could swim :awesome:

napZzz

Smash Hero
its prolly cuz I ignored it forever and never learned how to swim afterwards that I ended up in this situation ~_~

now I can swim somewhat decently at least

napZzz

Smash Hero
idk rated. I just know you can utilt or grab,I dont think you can dair if thats what you're thinking, I know SuSa did some research on this awhile ago and has a thread somewhere

*cough*

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
****ing SuSa and 6 hitboxes on the field within a span of 2 seconds.

Seriously use the mine.

anyway I can still beat him <3 fair

RATED

Smash Lord
idk rated. I just know you can utilt or grab,I dont think you can dair if thats what you're thinking, I know SuSa did some research on this awhile ago and has a thread somewhere

*cough*
thanks, I wasnt thinking on Dair, that I don't use that move unless I read a spotdodge that is mad obvious or Out of Shield.

I wanted just some frame data, there's a thread with specific frame data about F-tilt?

napZzz

Smash Hero
just remember

when in doubt, TILT IT OUT!

jab-grab/ftilt is a given too rated, its probably the best thing to do damage wise ...I think

"With the influx of plastic guitars, drums, tubas, etc., we're constantly perplexed as to why developers want us to recreate band class. Why don't they sell video game peripherals that actually let us act out ridiculously fun in-game situations? In this regard, Metal Gear Solid should come with a controller that is a mannequin torso. You can sneak up behind it, tap it on the shoulder, or toss a distracting object nearby. It really doesn't matter, because the main feature is always snapping its neck or throttling the pretend life out of it."

I've seen some people flame the rising of motion consoles. Motion gaming is okay. I guess T_T
1st generation and 2nd generation motion control gaming need refinements. The PS3 attempts at tilting sensory and wii's attempt at aimming, tilting, and depth are really basic integrations of motion. I have not played the PS3 controller for uses, but the wii is decent. I played Reflex edition of the wii and people need to quit complaining. Anyone who plays a lot of PC gaming with shooters knows that it is a superior method to playing 360 when it comes to aimming. Once a person gets used to the controls, being able to pin point your shooting with something as responsive a mouse makes your aimming a lot more steady. The wii gives you that mouse control with console controller buttons and analog stick movement feels really natural in a shooter compared to a dual analog stick approach to shooters. The only problem I have with the wii's controller is the fact that the button layout on the wiimote simply feels too ackward. Trying to hit up on the control pad or hitting the 1 and 2 buttons is a stretch and trying to do complicated inputs is not nearly as easy as a regular controller. If they redid the button locations on the wii and fixed it's motion issues, it would be fine in my opinion.

The 2nd generation with PS3 move and kinetic I think are both win and loss situations. PS3 move I have not used, but it seems to fix the wii's problem with button arrangement. Plus, playstation has been known for quality systems compared to xbox (red circle of death) and I think they will fix wii's issues with motion controllers. But, I really would have to play with it to really know. The kinetic in my opinion is fail. I already have heard issues with lag and the whole recognition thing seems like it would be fail when you want no room for error in hardcore gaming. Perhaps in a few more years motion gaming will take the goods that people want and combine it into one package that is ideal.

The wii was good in my opinion. The kinect is pretty much bad and the PS3 move looks like some lollipop controller on the outside, however I'll see if the PS3 move has a good or better impression than the wii.

Edit: Icon change. It's plue!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I know....that's the thing. :(

Like.. ****. I'd like to place well at a tourney but I keep getting bracket****ed out of winners. <_<

Why couldn't I fight you or Bardull? =[ I mean. WHAT THE ****.

I'm going to request a "I don't see DSF until I pretty much own/lose to my half of the bracket" next tourney. As a "I've been losing my 3rd round for nearly 2 years now and I'm sick of it."

-_- last stock last hit. as always.
/wrists

I should just pick up MK

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'd say "you just gotta **** losers then until you stop getting seeded that way", but I still get matched up with one of our top 5 round 2 like every tourney after being ranked for 2 seasons, it didn't change anything <_< I went to a tourney yesterday where me and BC were the only ranked players that attended and I STILL got him him round 2 LOL

SuSa

I **** losers until I hit a DDD or another PR'd player.

I just need to step it up.

( I lost to C. Beef. I double blinded my IC's vs his DDD but I dropped EVERY SINGLE GRAB which I was pissed at... and it all went downhill from there. Game 2 was Snake vs DDD and we went last hit. DDD's utilt > snakes )

Once again, I made 1/2 my money back in money matches. ;x

Beat Jebus, beat Fox16, beat some random, and beat another player who'm I forget the name of.

Oh, and I firmly believe Choconanner might get ranked here in SoCal. Kid's2Good.

I can't wait for Rich to get back from Dallas... :x I want to start training with him... considering he's PR...

Underload

Lazy
It's your second tournament in forever, mang. Do the mad training and talk with the vets of SoCal to understand all the big guys' secrets.

Row row fight the powah!

SuSa

It's your second tournament in forever, mang. Do the mad training and talk with the vets of SoCal to understand all the big guys' secrets.

Row row fight the powah!
I understand that, but I still shouldn't be making as many mistakes as I do. :(

Big guys' secrets is they all play eachother often... which is what I'm hoping to do with Rich and Larry when MLG season is all over... if I can get into that little group.... <3

Bardull's marth is so good, he ***** me ._. but, susa teach me how to tech chase. its freaking hard :(
1) See what opponent does
2) Put them into same scenario
3) Punish what they did before
4) Think like your opponent. What would YOU do in that scenario.
5) Punish what they do.

It's all mental awareness and watching of habits. Oh, and conditioning.

Conditioning your opponent to do what you want them to do can be AMAZING.

"If he hits me with this I can punish him with this. But I won't, so that he thinks what he is doing is safe."

"*Hits him* *he's tries to punish me* *utilt* Good Game!"

Underload

Lazy
Snake is easily the most psychological character in the game. If you can slap somedat classical conditioning on an opponent throughout the course of a set, it's a huuuuuuge advantage.

SuSa

Wait... so where did I post that picture with who was in it? O_o

FUuu

EDIT:
Found it.

My troll face made me look demonic:

Top left: Fox16
Left of Fox16: Soren
Atomsk's lover to the left of Soren: FlameWaveK
Left of FlameWaveK: Blackrose (My carpool)
Left of Blackrose: Commander Beef (**** you for beating me in losers than losing. </3)
Below Fox16: Pretty sure that's Choconanner? I can't even remember.
Left of Choconanner: Metatitan
Left of Metatitan: SuSa
Left of SuSa: No ****ing clue. O_o (No really... I don't know him. =[ )

Vatobreak wasn't in this picture because I don't know.

Beef has the #1 trollface.

Top Bottom