• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
this site cant even really establish what its standards are correctly, just about every mod/admin I've ever encountered isn't really on the same wavelength

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The left of susa is Minitroika(Anuar) and right of susa is Shiro
Er wait. MT get a name change or was that not MT?

If so, why the **** didn't he tell me he wasn't Metatitan? :urg:

@Ete
Just the breast shot in his avatar is enough to get it warranted for removal. We don't allow avatars like that.

Yep. Pretty stupid.

NapZzz is right.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like how you still say "we" : p

but yeah, the rules here are hilariously inconsistent and ******** anyway. speaking of which, it's great that I can freely say that and refer to anything I dislike as gay, but "god ****" gets censored, woo catering to religious crazies

SuSa

I'm still a part of staff (kinda) and can say "we". :p

Tyrant > Ally

Ally = Top Snake main

Tyrant = My Region

Heeeey Meta Meta Meta Knight. Every day I get more and more reason to go back to maining him... but might just say "**** it I'll never place in this region" and pick up Sheik and just play to rep her.

SuSa

You're being to aggressive. I already told you that.

But it's more of practicing punishing MK than anything. Online can't offer that type of scenario (punishing on WiFi? lmao..) and I don't have any good MK's to practice with.

Unless I can get Larry or Rich to go MK vs me in friendlies... but I'd rather fight their FailCo/Lolimar respectfully.

SuSa

Oh come on Vato. :( Stop trolling.

Tech chasing is a human only thing in which you do to 'read" or react to your opponent based on their limited amount of options. Usually is speaking solely from your opponent being in a grounded situation where they must roll, getup, or getup attack (or do nothing) Leaving them with 5 options.

aka:

Impossible to practice on computers.

I bet there would be a way to hack that game to make sure the CPU mixes up how it moves. That would help practice reaction time.

SuSa

Reaction time I find is really hard to build up (unless you've been out of practice =P)

But finding a hack that just makes what they do truly random by altering their A.I would be awesome if possibly... kind of have my doubts... But just a 20% of "do this, do this, do this, do this, do nothing" would be awesome and truly "random".

But that only helps for reaction time, as far as tech chasing and reading your opponent goes - this would only be feasibly possible against 11 members of the cast (those with away-towards attacks) and you'd have to remove the "getup attack" option for the rest of the cast (if you want to train reacting to rolls)

But this all throws off your ability to read your opponent - which is the most important thing to be able to do (outside of those 11 characters) due to the getup attack.

I think that is probably why I suck so much at any game. I always work ong trying to react to whatever happens, I never predict at all. I do either of two things when tech chasing for example. I either shield, or boost pivot grab. Or the same in melee, I see the opponent do something, fall for the bait and get hit. I am too easy to bait :p

Go read my thread in Gameplay and Tactical discussion.

Play slower.
lol I try to play slowly and typically watch for what my opponent does. By the time I realize what they just did I am aimming at an attack where they could have already escaped. Fox dashes at me, I jab, he dash away from the hit only to dash dance back to me into a grab. Playing slowly I think is not the answer. No idea how to deal with that.

Alright, so wait longer and by the time you still finally notice what is going on you just got *****. Yeah, I still have to predict ahead of time for anything to connect with marth.

Besides, if this is the thread title we are using, I'm pulling out the pink text.

Top Bottom