• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
hmmm i think i know what your talking about that does seem to happen ftilt pwning utilt well when i do snake dittos at least i heavly rely on saving utilt as finisher and then it back fires lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
It took forever, but I finally found a Metal Gear Solid game. I got a hold on MGS3. Apparently, it was difficult to find this particular one 0.o
subsistence or snake eater? subsistence is a lot better, the original camera suuuucked

Nic64

Smash Lord
Well yeah SL can beat ftilt but that's MK, MK's everything > <insert other character here>'s everything.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
subsistence or snake eater? subsistence is a lot better, the original camera suuuucked
The original MGS3: Subsistence. I'm glad I got it when it came out. It's the game that got me into the series and it has the second disc which includes extras like the REAL Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

Nowadays, it's very hard to find. MGS2 substance is even harder to find. I had to get the Essential Collection for Substance and the original MGS for PSX. I'm glad I did because the VR missions are fun.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I never did the VR missions. The actual game was challenging enough. I always the 1-mistake kill scenarios, like when you had to snipe the receiver boxes to disarm the C4 on the bridge in MGS2. Also, I got the essentials pack cause I'm poor/it was convenient.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I switched to diddy. Diddy is better than snake. Snake is bad. So bad. Everyone camps him and gimps him and ***** him. Bad character is ****ty.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well once Dekars newest vids get uploaded I think a lot of people will be switching to diddy.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Diddy is probably about equal with Snake IMO, maybe a little better but still has just as many hard matchups, they're just with less relevant characters(how often do you come across Luigi compared to DDD and MK).

napZzz

Smash Hero
Well once Dekars newest vids get uploaded I think a lot of people will be switching to diddy.
When I told this guy I was switching to diddy as my main he called me an adhd poser or something. I laughed. I had no idea people ever switched characters upon seeing someone perform well. Diddy is just fun
Diddy is probably about equal with Snake IMO, maybe a little better but still has just as many hard matchups, they're just with less relevant characters(how often do you come across Luigi compared to DDD and MK).
If diddy didn't have **** for killing power he'd easily be 2nd best in this game. But I think he should easily take that spot for 3 on the tier list. EASILY

Nic64

Smash Lord
I think 2-4 are pretty even, Snake, Diddy, and IC's IMO, I view them as pretty interchangeable in rank atm

edit: I also considered using Diddy more as my secondary instead of Snake for a bit but the fun factor wore off pretty quickly because his gameplay feels very one dimensional even if it isn't, always trying to go for banana's becomes monotonous to me...somehow more so than always whoring grenades, it makes no sense but it is what it is...

napZzz

Smash Hero
I think 2-4 are pretty even, Snake, Diddy, and IC's IMO, I view them as pretty interchangeable in rank atm
I'm suprised to see someone else with that same opinion as me lately. People put too much hype around falco and DDD, who both suck. Badly. Bad bad bad bad bad

oh, and wario gets ***** by mk and isn't really all that good either. Too much is put around him as well. Dont even know he got 3rd on the tier list when his tourney rankings aren't even that good

Nic64

Smash Lord
Falco and DDD are great characters, just not as well rounded IMO, they really **** some characters but they have more disadvantaged matchups themselves, in overall point spreads they might actually be close but I put more emphasis on having a very good chance to win against anyone than ****** some characters and getting ***** by others. Falco especially I still think is S tier just not as much so as the characters I rank higher than him.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wario is high because he's good against a lot of other high tiers, which are the characters you see most.

napZzz

Smash Hero
wario gets ***** by mk, does even vs. snake, dittos are even, and then goes like even with everything else down to b tier I think?

But look at diddy. bananas. ****. Everything loses and gets ***** hard. He doesn't suck *** vs. mk who should be half the tier list since like half the people at tourneys use him. People dont understand how hard wario gets ***** by mk when its played right. Mk's just suck and warios are idiots.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Wario loses to MK by a pretty good margin but it's not exactly **** either, Wario does have some stuff going for him, he survives almost as well as Snake and DDD but can't be gimped, he can SDI a lot of MK's attacks and counterattack sometimes even with a fart, he's one of the best heavies at getting out of the tornado...Not trying to argue that he does in fact lose to MK, and worse than Snake, Diddy, IC's, and Falco, but idk, maybe we just define **** differently?

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm being sarcastic/kinda trolling right now. But wario isn't that good, its why he's not really winning tourneys. The tier list should just be the tourney results I swear. It would be so much easier and better made, maybe with a few tweaks. If a character isn't winning tourneys dont push them up. Apparently wario gets to be in 3rd tho for some reason. Logik

Nic64

Smash Lord
It's been a while since the last revision, I think he was doing better at the time and people didn't really understand that he did badly against Meta Knight, he was actually looked at as one of the better characters to use against MK at that time which is kind of absurd but yeah...Wario is like really bad against MK that grabs the lead and just never approaches, he can't get inside reliably at all.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm suprised to see someone smart on smashboards who knows what they're talking about. I didn't come here for liek a week cuz I realized all I did was kinda waste time reading all the ****ty brawl board posts by wifi players/scrubs and boring social threads.

eh, wario should go down out of S tier tho. I'm curious as to when/what the next tier list will look like, hopefully they do it right.

It changed when people learned the matchup. Didn't it take the snakes like over a year to fix our DDD/falco issues? Lmao

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The tier list is mostly a "who plays the gayest" list right now. In which case, Wario is in the right spot.

Lol DMG.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Isn't Wario one of the few considered to be 50/50 with MK? When did that change?
Some people have said that for some reason, I think it's 60:40 or something(lol ratios) MK. MK's worst matchups IMO are MK, Diddy, IC's, Snake, Falco, in that order.

It changed when people learned the matchup. Didn't it take the snakes like over a year to fix our DDD/falco issues? Lmao
I never thought Falco was that bad myself...and while it's improved I don't think Snake's ever "fixed their DDD issues", most Snake's simply know the matchup better at this point, it's still really bad for Snake if the DDD puts the same amount of time into it. Snake is always going to struggle against characters like that unless something is found(lol not in brawl) that drastically improves his edge/air game.

For IC, snake, falco, diddy and MK himself is 50:50 or all his super slight favor 59.9999:49.9999?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Whenever I play as Snake I feel extremely vulnerable whenever I recover back onstage with his Cypher. How exactly do you guys use this in order to make sure you get back safely? To me it seems the best technique is to use bair/dair/uair/nair to get out of it and attack an approaching enemy, or fair if there's enough time. What do you guys do?

Top Bottom