• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
no, not literally special sticking, just wave bouncing manually

hit B and opposite direction you're facing in the air and change directions

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Just make sure you mix up your falling game. B-sticking too much gets predictable and they will catch on. Also, pulling a nade, holding shield, and landing on a mine (power shielded) works wonders. I never get chased above a mine for some reason.

Limeee

Smash Champion
isn't it called a b-reversal, where you pull out a grenade and press the control stick away to change momentum?

anyways i'm new here so i'll introduce myself

i've been playing snake since i started competetive brawl and i've been to about 5 tournaments
you can call me green shirt, rhyme, lime, Rhymes with lime just don't call me by my username

cool beans right?

Superspright

Smash Lord
I think grenade landing on mines is also great for getting rid of pikmin. Plus, as everyone knows you get 0 landing lag so you can PS it easily as long as you have a grenade.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trolls are vital to the well being of a forum, since the internet folk thrive on drama. Trolling isn't a bad thing. We need trolls. Mods are just here to make sure we don't get to much troll in our diet.

Trolls are like vitamins. They're good for you in small doses, but too much isn't gonna be helpful to anybody.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Not spreadin' rumors or anything but I remember after the koth incidint someone had signed their name as KOTH. now they are helping with the online Q&A thread, I find him fishy because I clearly saw it say -KOTH at the end of his post, beleive me or not but we may not have lost him yet.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ooooooooo~

That's a juicy tidbit of information.

KOTH is one of the biggest trolls to ever grace SWF.

I'm finding out that I either suck at being steathly on MGS3, or it is just difficult to proceed without fighting at all in narrow hall ways :/

Anyone wondering where I'm at in the game; I am at... "The End".

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I blame school. Which is run by the government. Which is run by Obama.

Obama ruined our thread. D:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Oh come on, make a fuss about KOTHs other Alternate account, the thread I busted him on is no more, but that one is still there lol

Praise mah knowledge!

I love Fighting games. =O

Fighting:

Brawl
1.Jigglypuff
2.Ness
3.Peach

Melee
1.Dr. Mario (Don't hate)
2.Jigglypuff

Smash64
1.Yoshi
2.Jigglypuff

Soul Calibur
1.Mitsurugi
2.Cassandra
3.Talim

-KOTH
For all too see before he deletes??

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm finding out that I either suck at being steathly on MGS3, or it is just difficult to proceed without fighting at all in narrow hall ways :/

quit sucking. Games pretty easy when you know how to abuse cc and sneak correctly.
I blame school. Which is run by the government. Which is run by Obama.

Obama ruined our thread. D:
obama ruined everything.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Yo whats good my brethren, ima snake main from da Atlantic south, just stoppin by to say what up. by the way who is going to pound 4?

nevershootme

Smash Master
you pop? Nice, I like to pop too.
well the thing is I never danced before (like out of 22 years in my life lol) and i just joined the dance crew at my school randomly out of nowhere, so i've been preparing for a dance competition at UF (univ. of Florida) during their homecoming weekend. one piece I'm in involves around a hip-hop dance with popping included , there were other styles to learn (being an amateur of course), but it felt like popping was the style i could handle for now.

sooo yea... it's pretty fun learning choreographed dances (like playing ddr, only more serious and triple the fun and complexity)

napZzz

Smash Hero
I thought MGS3 was the easiest of the series. I don't think you even need to be stealthy - I just ramboed everything - love the SVD and M63.
I just did that close combat **** on everyone. LIke the run up and slam them. Saves ammo and you can then head shot them while they're knocked out or just shake them down and leave them.
Yo whats good my brethren, ima snake main from da Atlantic south, just stoppin by to say what up. by the way who is going to pound 4?
I will if I have money. But thats a big IF
Yeah, the sorrow was a pretty long boss fight for me lol
Ugh. The sorrow took me like an hour and a half the first time I played it. He's such a ***** if you play it wrong

Right if you change your options for a week or something in MGS 3, you'll see the end dead? (Thanks for the correction nsm, I accidentally wrote sorrow)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
*teleports in Mega Man Style*

What difficulty are you on? If you're not on extreme like I am, there are many ways to fool the moronic guards.

Anyway, do you know how to do the binocular trick to improve you accuracy?

Or how broken the range is on the CQC slam?(ftilt, eat your heart out)

Or that your roll also has broken horizontal range?

Whenever you have trouble on something, take some time out to experiment by making a different strat with what items you have.

P.S. Holding up The End will net you the Moss Camo and stamina defeating him will earn you the Mosin Nagant.

MK22, Mosin Nagant, Chaff Grenades, and CQC Slam FTW.

*teleports away Mega Man style*

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh come on, make a fuss about KOTHs other Alternate account, the thread I busted him on is no more, but that one is still there lol

Praise mah knowledge!

For all too see before he deletes??
Infinite dreams?

I know that guy... he lives here in CO...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The Konami code actually works in this game!? Wow. I didn't know that. The End ALWAYS starts at the same location regardless of difficulty unless you're playing duel mode's special mode.

Anyway,

Don't ask what this was supposed to be.

I use Solidus's face textures and it ended up unintentionally looking like Snake in MGS4 when he visits the graveyard.

Yes, I fixed the ears.

What do you think about it so far?

Underload

Lazy
Needs detailing and refining, but it looks to have a lot of potential.

Plain ol' Snake in a suit would be a texture that I would use constantly. Just an idea.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Noted.

I wish MGS3's textures were feasible to extract like Substance's.
Both Snake Eater and Subsistence have some really insane encyrption code that makes it not feasible at this time to extract stuff like textures, models, and audio.

There were many ideas I had that were put on hold until it was cracked. For example, I wanted to make a Volgin Ganondorf.

Underload

Lazy
What, they aren't? For shame Nintendo and Konami, for shame.

And, to add onto a previous statement, I just think every character in the game should have a tuxedo texture, but that's just me.

Makes 'em look spiffy. And who doesn't want too see Ganon in a tie.

Top Bottom