• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Underload

Lazy
EY, iunno if you can do this but...

Y'know when you're editing your controls and you can kinda test them out with Mario. You should make a hack where you can change that to be any character ;D

You'll make millions!

etecoon

Smash Hero
screw getting a higher resolution pic, get a lower resolution pic like me, SNESize that ****

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You must not play very good sonics then. If the sonic knows you're just going to be holding A they can easily avoid it, and often times they can even punish you for it if they're in the right spacing.
Or perhaps I'm oversimplifying a more complicated strategy for the ease of communication?

etecoon

Smash Hero
holding A doesn't seem to really work consistently for me against sonics dash anyway, like half the time it clanks and he gets the next attack out faster than me...

I think my copy of brawl just hates me really

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Agreed with etecoon.

Don't forget about this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw

At least in SFIV you can't turtle forever on account of hitting a wall.

Someone needs to make a YTP where these matches are shortened using Spongebob Transitions like "A Few Moments Later", 10 Seconds Later", "1 Minute 37 Seconds Later", and so on.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
holding A doesn't seem to really work consistently for me against sonics dash anyway, like half the time it clanks and he gets the next attack out faster than me...

I think my copy of brawl just hates me really
It doesn't.
People just talk **** a lot out of sheer ignorance.

If you need help against Sonic and not be told things things that work against pre-teen wi-fiers just ask us on our boards. Don't make a new thread though, ask in an appropriate thread. The place is spammed up enough xD

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
At least in SFIV you can't turtle forever on account of hitting a wall.
Yomi favors the defendant always. SF is no different. You can time someone out in there with smart defensive play just as easily as you can in Brawl. Its even a problem in Guilty Gear somewhat (A.B.A, Eddie, and potekmen say hi) The only game that I know of where you can't really do such a thing is Blazblue, because that game gives a big smack in the face to anyone who isn't always playing on the offense.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
It doesn't.
People just talk **** a lot out of sheer ignorance.
LOL. You're talking to one of the people responsible for Sonic's huge jump in the latest tier list. And I STILL think he has more potential. I'm not ignorant about Sonic, nor am I just talking out of my ***. I'm just not explaining things in detail ^_~

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sonic is amazing...

some characters are really shut down by his speed. he has so many tools that people underrate

people call him overrated, i say he's underrated

therefore

he is both :bee:

sonic is amazing...

some characters are really shut down by his speed. he has so many tools that people underrate

people call him overrated, i say he's underrated

therefore

he is both :bee:
Sonic is a gimmick character. Relys a lot upon people messing up. But that's what brawl is a lot of the time. People mess up to not get KOed.

I love it when I get to play Sonics that are persistent with the Dthrow tech chase. They try the Dthrow over and over again only to be teched and Ftilt there face xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
I cannot believe I watched that whole match of Dapuster and plank xD
the troll thread plank made about that game was even better

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233671

Yomi favors the defendant always. SF is no different. You can time someone out in there with smart defensive play just as easily as you can in Brawl
maybe true but at least the games are shorter, if this is what brawl players are going to rely on more and more the games shouldn't be 8 minutes <_<

I'm not so sure that I agree anyway though, I think putting pressure on someone is the best way to get in their head and make them do stupid things/abuse their habits, but the game just gives defenders better tools where you can be as predictable as you want and still be fairly safe while an attacker has to time, position, and space himself near perfectly

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why do matches like Razer's last SO LONG? It's thing like this that make me consider making a stupid bet like this.

I'll bring an iPod to the next tournament I go to and have ALL of the MGS3 cutscenes on it. And I bet that I can finish watching all the cutscenes by the time the loser's brackets start LOL.

*Snake Eaterrrr.. Babababaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa* *Whispers* Snake Eaterrrrrrrr......

SuSa

Banned via Administration

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
@ Panda : I know you know Sonic. I'm just thinking that if someone is having trouble with Sonic, you could give them real advice rather than telling them how to lose against anybody competant.
You're pretty influential on the boards, you often writing Sonic off as a joke (which it does come across as often, but not just you, others) leads people to do the same, further breaking down our ability to have any sort of half serious match-up discussion with any other board (though the situation has improved recently.) It's just we hear 'hold A' very often and it gets tiring.
The comment wasn't aimed at you, and I'm not trying to get one up on you or anything, it just gets pretty frustrating. Sorry .

etecoon

Smash Hero
how can SFIV have planking there is no edge <_< and I'm quite aware that planking exists in melee, plank did it in melee before he did it in brawl.

etecoon

Smash Hero
calling it air planking is really stupid, it was a common strategy way before plank did that

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I like how everyone fails to know that SFIV and Melee have planking as well. it's not a Brawl only thing. It's just planking actually manages to kill the opponent before time runs out.
I like how some people fail to realize the Melee's physics engine doesn't favor planking and air camping. It's also harder to perform and easier to punish due to the physics, speed of the game, and lack of ASL.

There are better options, in BOTH OFFENSE AND DEFENSE anyway for Melee and SFIV.

P.S. It's called turtling in SFIV.

Top Bottom