• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kudos for being less lazy than me while having no life.

Edit:
I did it too.

Thanks for the inspiration SuSa!

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm not part of any social groups, technically that means I have less of a life than someone who joined all of them <_<

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know nsm. I was joking cause somebody said they thought it meant good luck a few pages back.

And you got it backwards etecoon. While we were wasting precious moments of our life clicking some buttons over and over, you were probably out doing something productive.

Well... more productive than clicking buttons at least.

etecoon

Smash Hero
And you got it backwards etecoon. While we were wasting precious moments of our life clicking some buttons over and over, you were probably out doing something productive.

Well... more productive than clicking buttons at least.
no not really, today I've

- played majora's mask, beat stone tower, did most of the anju/kafei quest before the game froze on me after I got the mask, I'm not going to bother finishing this game now

- messed around in training mode for a while, pondered if that dash attack off edge > C4 thing could be used to stick some characters, timing seems wildly impractical and only a few are defenseless...

- played a ladder set against a DK, MK has the better matchup so I used him game one, went snake in game 2 because camping like an *** is always fun, DK's roll is really hard to punish online...

- browsed smashboards and a few other websites for like 4 hours

- now I'm back in training mode screwing around with more impractical things like grabbing a nade and edge hogging o_O

most of this falls under the "clicking buttons" category

I'm also just messing around a lot with grenades right now, I need to get better at camping because people aren't falling for "run in and shield > ftilt" as much anymore <_< I approach way too much as snake...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well at least it's more entertaining than clicking the same "join group" "yes" and "x" buttons 9001 times, I guess.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's also more frustrating when a few hours of clicking buttons evaporates because of a game glitch >_< owell, next I'll play WW, finish that just in time for metroid prime trilogy and then I'll play the metroid series, then I have a lot of backlog to consider

okami wii(replay although I've only played the PS2 version)
lost winds(someone recommended this to me recently)
galaxy(first replay)
pikmin(somehow I never played this)
mega man 9(bought it months ago but haven't played it)
wario land shake it(see above)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You were playing the Gamecube MM weren't you? I hate the freezing so much...

I haven't played WW in forever... I've been kinda urging to play it lately. And Okami. I dunno which though. D:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
We already got several of those made to fight our group joining.

Don't forget Demonfart.

Also, Spelt and (*T.R.D.S.) are joining aaaaaaall teh group too, apparently.

EDIT:
It'd be funnier if me and SuSa were the only ones in the group.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, gamecube MM ugh

WW and okami are so good, okami has like the best visual style ever

also I hate wifi sonic, too hard to time an ftilt on him if he just runs at you and shielding it is pointless, he can punish you for pulling nades like the whole screen away, fsmash and his rolls are like unpunishable...even worse when they don't even follow the ladder rules and start out on CP's against you >_<

</pissed off today>

NNID
Budget_Player
Lulz.

So I have this friend who is a scrub. And by that I mean... really really scrubby. He refuses to play by SBR rules and then johns when I use DDD/Falco and pick bridge of eldin/mario kart area/etc. Or when I circle camp on hyrule. He says that adhering to any rules (including team attack on and items) detracts from the fun of the game and therefore should not be used. But... these rules are in place to prevent people from "being cheap" by CGing you into next week!

How can I make him stop being a scrub? He's a decent player.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Bad idea. It's his Wii and there's a lot of other games he'd rather play with me. Like Halo, where he kicks the living **** out of me.

I just realized I have no idea what to counterpick and ban as snake.
Counterpicking is complex. But in most cases, Halberd works as your best counter. Depending on who you're against determines your stage ban. Against MK or G&W, I ban Rainbow Cruise. Falco, I ban Jungle Japes. But my secondaries usually cover anything my opponents CP.

etecoon

Smash Hero
that reeks of "fine I DON'T WANT TO BE IN YOUR STUPID CLUB ANYWAYoh god why does no one like me"

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Counterpicking is complex. But in most cases, Halberd works as your best counter. Depending on who you're against determines your stage ban. Against MK or G&W, I ban Rainbow Cruise. Falco, I ban Jungle Japes. But my secondaries usually cover anything my opponents CP.
Never CP Halberd on a D3

*shivers*

and Susa, get your *** up to Norcal <3

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6005

Top Bottom