• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Eugenio Medina

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, smashboards is not the venue I want for anybody to receive this news. Not that I want anyone to receive this news in the first place. I can't type as much as I want about this because I'm pressed a bit for time and i hurt my hand playing soccer, so typing is painful. I'm sure the many other people whose lives he touched will have more kind words to say about him. I know someone must be making a memorial thread but I haven't seen one yet. I'll edit posts into this one as posts are made.

Eugenio is no longer with us as of yesterday, 8/15/2010.

I have a lot to say about him as he was a great friend and a great guy. He hosted the first tournament I ever went to and we've been friends since then.
Words can't really describe the love I had for him as a brother, so I'll put down some memories.
I wish I had more than facebook pictures, smashboard threads, and youtube videos to convey what happiness he brought to my life.

IHOP Madness 3 - Not the greatest showcase of how much fun Eugenio brought to us all, but it's one of the first videos i could find.

These videos also contain footage of Ryan Roberts, making these videos especially bittersweet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9I_zdmPCC4

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254459

Hey guys! I'm bored as **** and if you're reading this dumb *** post, you probably are too. It doesn't seem like any thread gets closed in here no matter how pointless or arbitrary it is, so it goes.

I'm going to make a list of GA smashers (I may forget some people just remind me) and there will be a picture of a celebrity right next to them. I'm gonna need some help with some people. If you post a picture of a famous person that clearly looks more like them than the picture already up I'll just change it to that one. Simple right? Lets get started.

Daysoo?

Bobby

Lisandro Lopez

XIF

Carlos Mencia

Tong?

Datman?

Daniel Zaman?

Gerbil?

this guy's lookin' like PB&J out there

Magic Johnson

Mike G

LL Cool J

SleepyK

Masi Oka

GAwes

Kiefer Sutherland

Cornel

Lil Wayne

Marty

Rick Ross

Merc

Will Smith

Soft

Michael Cera

Blue Jim

Keanu Reeves

Tbag

Robert Sean Leonard

Dash Dance Dan

Christian Bale

Luke Wilson

Carter

Owen Wilson

Chaddd

Cillian Murphy

Toasty

Benny Lava / Prabhu Deva

Alpha

Don Cheadle

FullMetal

Viggo Mortensen

Dogysamich

Cedric the Entertainer

Eugenio

Laurence Fishburne

Prac

Shaun Weiss

Archaic

Robbie Coltrane

BBQ

Dustin Diamond

Omega

Dave Chapelle

Laijin

Jaleel White/Steve Urkel
The greatest combo in smashboards history:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117943

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Reposted/editted from the GA thread:

I woke up this morning and read that GA has lost a member and a friend.

And now having read this thread, it seems as though he was a well known and well liked individual, which of course makes it even harder for those who loved him.

I did not know Eugenio (or his tag or even what game he played), but ever since Ryan passed away, I have held a serious fear of the reality and the possibility of losing somebody from NC (or any other extended member of our family) and it is hard to even think about. I send my heart out to you guys.

Purple

Hi guys!
It's a shame man. The guy had potential on top of potential, not only from a smash perspective but just in a general perspective of being a success. He was a great artist, very talented and very modest about his work. Like many people will say in this thread; I didn't know the guy like that. However, I had a few experiences with him as a smasher. He was a generally funny guy, and didn't give two ****s to trash somebody in jokes, even with that I would laugh regardless of how much the joke could've hit a nerve somewhere; I don't think anyone hated his humor in any way.

He was dedicated to the game, giving us many smashfests, tournaments, and training sessions to help us all get better. In the end, with his loss we lost a huge part of our community.

I only wish that more people knew of him, it seems that not many in NC, SC, AL, etc. even know of Eugene's existence, which is sad considering of how much of a great man he was. If only more people knew him, more people talked to him and stopped him before all of this happened.

In conclusion to this post before I go somewhere else, let's not make this thread a reason to fear death, a reason to hate what has become, instead let's make it a thread remembering greatness, the joy of life and how in the end, we are important to others whether we know it or not, and we should continue to shine amongst each other.

I feel i rambled a bit too much..

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't know Eugene very well, but I do know that he was a very fun guy to be around and people liked him a lot. It really is a terrible shame that such a good guy had to leave us.

RIP Eugene.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
This is so sad, I don't even know what to say :(

I do know that I loved every moment I spent with Eugenio. He was so friendly... even when he trash talked you couldn't help but love him. Eugenio was one of the coolest and funniest guys I've ever met. The world will be a lesser place without him.

Picture of Eugenio at Tipped Off 4 (2nd from the right)

Eugenio was also the best artist I've ever seen.

Eugenio made this picture for sleepyk

and Eugenio made this picture for chaddd

RIP forever man

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Rest in peace Eugenio. Life lived short :(

-Ran

Smash Master
Life is short. May the memories he made with you last a life time. Fill the void that he has left with the expectations he had for his life by acting upon them yourselves. If he filled a room with laughter, keep the chuckles alive. Carry his aspirations with you and tend to his loved ones if you can.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I... sure am crying a lot, heh...

There's so much I could say, but I don't really... this is earth shatteringly terrible news for those who knew this man. it's so hard to believe. I... man.

Thanks for all the memories Eugene. Knowing you won't be in GA if I go back is just... too much for me to think about right now.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It hasn't even been a year since the death of Ryan and now another. I may not have known him but I will make sure to give many prayers.I hate that so many deaths are happening here...

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
Rest in peace, Eugene.
The times I hung out with you were great and unforgettable.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I never know what to say in times like this.

may he rest in peace.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I didn't know him but R.I.P. Too many smashers dying recently, it really sucks.

Apparently he was going to try to go to Tipped Off? Perhaps you guys can set up like . . . a moment of silence or something for him?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I didn't know him but R.I.P. Too many smashers dying recently, it really sucks.

Apparently he was going to try to go to Tipped Off? Perhaps you guys can set up like . . . a moment of silence or something for him?
We're going to do more than a moment of silence for him at TO6, thats for sure.

D

Deleted member

Don't believe I've ever met Eugenio, but rest in peace.

GOD!

Smash Ace
He was just an amazing guy. I was new to the tournament scene and wanted to quit because I sucked so hard. Then at the tech tourney he played with me for about an hour and let me ask him questions about what I was doing wrong and right. No one ever did that before and it gave me the confidence that I could improve when I didn't believe it.

What a horrible thing to happen. I will really really miss seeing him...

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Eugene looked out for me wen i was dead broke in ga and we quickly became homies in such a short amount of time so to me he was like an older brother never woulda though out of all people for him to just kill himself like that. I couldn't believe it...i definitely shed tears wen i heard the news and this isn't even the first time me exp a death from a friend i had other close friends pass away also. RIP my ***** well meet again this goes to anyone else who passsed away wen clearly they had the rest of their life ahead of em to enjoy

j00t

Smash Champion
R.I.P Eugene.

Never knew you, but you seemed to be an amazing person who offered a lot to the Smash community as well as the world around you.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I remember grabbing Eugenio from the Student Center @ my tourney and walking back to my apartment.

I thought of that just as I was typing this and it almost brought a tear to my eye.

RIP bud. You will not be forgot.

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
R.I.P. Eugenio we never knew each other but, were connected through the same community of smash. Love from Florida and much to learn before it is our time.

PS. ~Walnut :(

Frames

DI
I met eugenio at TO4...he was a really great person and I'm glad I got to know him briefly...I regret not going back to georgia more often now...definitely goin to to6 for sure now

Top Bottom