• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen B. Kyon's Random Question Thread

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yoshies are weird, but all in their own unique way. Bwett (name search bait) is the definition of a tourist, Burntsocks is jewish weird, and Poltergust (name search bait) doesn't shower

Falcos are black

Pits are pedos

Foxes and wolves are rivals

Lucarios are furries

That's all I can think of right now. Praxis' old blog on AIB summed them up pretty well
What about Kirby players?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Kirby players are chill and then from that they jump to very obnoxious, but you can't help but love the little bundles of energy.

:peach:

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
yeah thats the only thing I dislike about touchscreens orz.

sometimes I wish I had started with a neat flip phone.

those ones are actually pretty neat and cute :(

they're actually more popular than smartphones in japan ircc

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
What do I need to learn to make my peach relevant in 2011. My peach is only good because I mained the char in melee and I guess I'm what some would consider a relatively smart player. So what should little techniques should I learn here and there. I haven't seen the peach boards since around 2009 so I got some catching up to do.

Also HTC EVO 4G all day. It's only weakness is battery life but besides that, it ***** every other phone

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
On these boards, people decide on who they want to listen to weather they're right or wrong. Everyone plays favorites way too much to listen to anything that could actually help the metagame. So, everyone's logic here has been shaved down to, "Even if this 'scrub' has some awesome info on the metagame, I'm only going to listen to this person, even if they say what the 'scrub' said eight months later."

Also, on these boards, we have the highest lack of attention spand. We can get serious about a discussion that can help start tilting MUs in our favor, but alas, instead we decide to start screwing around and completely abandone anything that could help us. I'm not saying that it's dumb to have some sociality on the boards, I just don't like that it usually leads us to ignore important things.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Why is it that people have stupid logic on these boards?
It's not just the peach boards, it's everywhere in the world. There is always someone with logic just a little different than yours, and someone else with logic a little different than theirs. It's why we have such a broad spectrum of opinions; people like to conform but like to be unique so they have slightly altered opinions of another person. They essentially borrow their beliefs and opinions and model theirs after it, but make it slightly different.

Eventually you have groups believing the complete opposite of each other due to opinion stretching.

As for these boards, what logic are you referring to? Matchup logic? It's simple, you have people who think peach can win every matchup and people who don't think so. I personally don't think peach can beat metaknight IF he knows the matchup, but I certainly don't want people like Nicole to stop trying. Besides IMO there's plenty of other reasons that peach is subpar in this game but that's discussion for another time :p (still <3 peach though).

Peach mains tend to be emotional as well; you'll have people like Dark who devise too much self pride into the character or themselves or people who get butthurt easily (not name dropping on that one xD).

On these boards, people decide on who they want to listen to weather they're right or wrong. Everyone plays favorites way too much to listen to anything that could actually help the metagame. So, everyone's logic here has been shaved down to, "Even if this 'scrub' has some awesome info on the metagame, I'm only going to listen to this person, even if they say what the 'scrub' said eight months later."

Also, on these boards, we have the highest lack of attention spand. We can get serious about a discussion that can help start tilting MUs in our favor, but alas, instead we decide to start screwing around and completely abandone anything that could help us. I'm not saying that it's dumb to have some sociality on the boards, I just don't like that it usually leads us to ignore important things.

Oh look, someone is butthurt.

You must realize when someone is relatively new to the game; unless they pick it up REALLY fast and can back it up through footage or tournament results that prove they know what they're doing, it's hard to take them seriously. Or they could be a brilliant poster and understand the game mechanics (but this rarely happens).

Theorycrafting can be dangerous; I once had a yoshi main tell me it was impossible for jigglypuff to get past yoshi's camp game back when I first started posting on the boards and his logic made it sound legit, even though it wasn't.

When you were mentioning "combos" at the start of your posting career (oh look, I actually paid attention to what you were posting, I'm such a horrible person), you have to realize that DI affects combos. I think you have something along the lines of some chain of turnips and nairs, which could be easily PS'd in between hits and punished. Combos for the most part can't be listed down; they're made up on the spot and our guides provide details for what moves are good to start combos with. As for up smash, well people have been trying to make that move good for a long time. See Manny's thread.

So keep in mind, I don't ignore you because you're a scrub! I ignore you for the most part because most of what you post just isn't helpful. There's a difference sugarplum.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Soooo much real talk. This ***** hereeeeeeeeeeeee

<3 Metatian.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Oh look, someone is butthurt.

You must realize when someone is relatively new to the game; unless they pick it up REALLY fast and can back it up through footage or tournament results that prove they know what they're doing, it's hard to take them seriously. Or they could be a brilliant poster and understand the game mechanics (but this rarely happens).

Theorycrafting can be dangerous; I once had a yoshi main tell me it was impossible for jigglypuff to get past yoshi's camp game back when I first started posting on the boards and his logic made it sound legit, even though it wasn't.

When you were mentioning "combos" at the start of your posting career (oh look, I actually paid attention to what you were posting, I'm such a horrible person), you have to realize that DI affects combos. I think you have something along the lines of some chain of turnips and nairs, which could be easily PS'd in between hits and punished. Combos for the most part can't be listed down; they're made up on the spot and our guides provide details for what moves are good to start combos with. As for up smash, well people have been trying to make that move good for a long time. See Manny's thread.

So keep in mind, I don't ignore you because you're a scrub! I ignore you for the most part because most of what you post just isn't helpful. There's a difference sugarplum.

That's real funny, Meta. Especially because I'm petty much one of the only people that contributes to the boards. Sure, go ahead and call it theory crafting. It's better than not laying out information at all. And what I say isn't helpful? Because of me, Will and Nicole will be top placers in doubles.

Just because I don't have the recording and uploading equipment to prove myself doesn't mean it's untestable. Why can't you just get off your *** and do it? See if I'm right instead of just dissing my posts on the spot.

Just because you don't take my advice doesn't mean that what I say isn't helpful, or theorycrafting for that matter. Then again, you don't have to take it. The only thing that pisses me off is others mentioning what I said a year later, and all of a sudden it matters.

Meh, I'm not even mad anyway. The first part of your post seriously did make me lol though. <3

:dk2:

Metatitan

Smash Master
We've tested our glide toss stuff sugar. I am intrigued though, what was it (btw you haven't been here a year quite yet) that was so important that you mentioned a year ahead of everyone else?

I let people who know frame data really well test it since I frankly don't have time for that. I'm using this time to take a break from studying for a chem midterm tomorrow as a type. I hope Nicole and Will do well, but if they do it's mostly because they're already great players. You can list team comboes, but realize there won't always be the opportunity for it.

And theorycrafting isn't a bad thing; it's when you don't have evidence to back it up that it begins to get unreliable.

As for contributing, it you lurk further back, the vast majority of us have contributed. The fact of the matter is, Peach's metagame hasn't evolved much since genesis. No one's placing top 18 at nationals with Peach nowadays (though I'd LOVE to see it since it'd mean nicole kyon mikey or raz would be raaaaaaping).

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I hope Nicole and Will do well, but if they do it's mostly because they're already great players. You can list team comboes, but realize there won't always be the opportunity for it.
Well, that's how any doubles match would go. What I'm trying to get at though is that I mentioned this team on the doubles thread, mentioned set ups and overall team play throughout the WHOLE match. Not just the comboes. The mechanics of these two characters and how far they can take their synergy in doubles. BUT SOMEONE(cough cough, Meta.. :3) had to go and troll my post instead of taking it seriously for once. :/

Hoe.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I wish them well and hope they do well, but double mk probably has other plans for that particular team combination. Not to mention you like the team not because you necessarily think its a good team combination (and I hope you don't) but because you have some weird furry obsession with one character and.... I'm not sure why you like peach to be honest.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I wish them well and hope they do well, but double mk probably has other plans for that particular team combination. Not to mention you like the team not because you necessarily think its a good team combination (and I hope you don't) but because you have some weird furry obsession with one character and.... I'm not sure why you like peach to be honest.
LMFAO.

Naw, not at all..

I main both Peach and DK. It's a long story, but it started from that cliche, "Opposits attract." When I thought about that, I started applying it to Brawl in a way, and I started to really look at my characters. They fill in eachothers gaps. So naturally they should **** in doubles.

The problem that double Metaknight has is that he has rediculous hitboxes. It's harder for them to coordinate their match winning moves without harming the other and defeating the purpose of the team. Peach and Donkey Kong fill in eachothers gaps, Peach being air control, and Donkey Kong being ground control, and both characters still having a more than decent air/ ground game, so doubling up in the air or ground isn't hard. Metaknight is a completelty different character when he has a partner, or is facing two opponents at once.

Even then, I didn't say the team is completely unbeatable. I still feel comfortable saying that Peach/ DK can take on double meta and still have a fairly close game. When it comes to other teams, Peach and DK can really destroy some.

And, no. I like this team, not only because I co- main both, but because I honestly think this team is very good.

Top Bottom