• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
we've had 14 year olds attend our tournaments before, it's not incredibly uncommon. if it makes your parents feel better they can come along too, or if you have any older brothers or cousins that they trust you with.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Massive meatriding :p lol

It's exactly as Leisha explained, I run the monthlies at my house to save on venue fees and to increase the pot winnings. I also run the quarterly bigger tournaments, the lansmash series which is held once a season (autumn, winter etc) at QSAC stadium.

If it makes you feel any better about coming to these BC25, there are othe people who attend that are your age, and we are all nice people. My little sister is 16 and she competes too :)

I expect a much bigger turn out at the next tournament I hold at my place too, so there will be a very big erray of skill levels. Plus, I may be interested in having an amatuer bracket as well as the regular bracket, or possibly making your first attendance free depending on how many come. Check out the Luigi's Dungeon thread under the Australian thread for more info on monthly tournies. I will announce the next one there this weekend :)
Oh i may enter the next one then. So just a question is there many Lucario mains? I may as well show them whos the best Lucario main :troll:

(Don't worry im not a troll if i make a smart remark like that ill put the troll face becuase i think its a funny face and i wont carry it on.

we've had 14 year olds attend our tournaments before, it's not incredibly uncommon. if it makes your parents feel better they can come along too, or if you have any older brothers or cousins that they trust you with.
Its ok they wont come but ill wait 4 the next tourney becuase should get a job 1st hahaha. Trust me, im not the worried one lol its that

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Metaknight, snake, diddy are the ones I see most. But it varies from different states.

But you'll probably always have a good few mk's and snakes in every state.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lawl.

There are a few good Pit's in Victoria. Jezmo uses Pit, though I'm not sure if he's actually GOOD with Pit.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I see, Aero... That's what you think is it?

Also, there are actually fairly few Metaknight mains in Aus compared to the US.

ALSO.... I went to my first tourney when I was leik, 12. Twas' fun.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Jesmo's pit is good in a really gay way. Jei's Pit is better in every way and I now have first hand experience with it haha. I feel like I could move up to 2nd place on here if I keep improving. Jaice is still a stepping stone ahead from everyone at this stage atm so highly doubt I will be defeating little spacemen at this point of time :p

I look forward to the next tourney :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
After playing you for a bit on lag-fi, I think your Lucas and Yoshi need more work than your Pit and Lucario.

imo anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No, we have a decent connection, but Wi-Fi lags anyway.

In general, technical stuff that involves precision is more difficult online which leads to silly SD's and what not.

But yeah. <3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
BC25 plays Pit AND Yoshi.
I'm going to QLD just to meet the guy. Srs.

Jesmo, was your first tourney QBB? If so I was the one that knocked you out (many mirror shields on your upB recovery, I shouldn't gloat though, pretty much never beaten you since).

Cal is defs on his way up. Smash them nubs. You won't beat BC25 though. He uses the 2 best characters in the game.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
BC25 plays Pit AND Yoshi.
I'm going to QLD just to meet the guy. Srs.

Jesmo, was your first tourney QBB? If so I was the one that knocked you out (many mirror shields on your upB recovery, I shouldn't gloat though, pretty much never beaten you since).

Cal is defs on his way up. Smash them nubs. You won't beat BC25 though. He uses the 2 best characters in the game.
hahaha I can tell there your fav characters xD

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Yes it was Jei. I was feeling pretty **** about it until I realised that you were some, super, special, awesome player.

Can't believe I used to use UPB to recover.... Dear oh dear. I still want a Pit ditto as well (even though I already know the results :( )

Remastered

Smash Lord
We have a Lucario main in QLD by the name of Emery. He is pretty decent when he turns up haha.

As for Diddy and Snake, I would expect their numbers to increase greatly in the next year. I personally wil be picking up one of the 2 once MK is banned for good.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Lol no one will pick up snake.

Marth/Diddy/wario/d3/falco are all better than him now, and theyre significantly easier to use.

Also, there's only a handful of snakes in aus...

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Snake - Arrow, Toki, Attila, Apollo, Nova, Corpse, Ted (to a lesser extent)

MK - Earl, Ad3pt, Ghost, Grim, Smoking Pup, Corpse, Toshi, Afro <(don't know if these guys play much anymore)

Diddy - Tibs, SD, Vyse...

Falco - Scoot

Marth - Toki, Shaya.

If I was a betting man, my money would be on Marth mains to reign supreme with MK gone. Just a stab in the dark really, oh and wait Toki is actually :random: now :troll:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I wanna pick up Snake as a main. imo I honestly don't think he's more technical than Falco or Diddy. Wario, Marth and Dedede maybe yeah.

I might pick Princess Martha up too.

Attila_

BRoomer
Not technical, just hard to use at high level. He relies very heavily on a strict zoning game, and gets punished hard for dropping his zone even marginally.

Also, corpse dropped snake, and Ted/Apollo only muck around with him. And nova barely plays.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Lol no one will pick up snake.

Marth/Diddy/wario/d3/falco are all better than him now, and theyre significantly easier to use.

Also, there's only a handful of snakes in aus...

I wish Dedede was better than Snake :(
Snake - Arrow, Toki, Attila, Apollo, Nova, Corpse, Ted (to a lesser extent)
MK - Earl, Ad3pt, Ghost, Grim, Smoking Pup, Corpse, Toshi, Afro <(don't know if these guys play much anymore)
Diddy - Tibs, SD, Vyse...
Falco - Scoot
Marth - Toki, Shaya.
Afro's quit. +Dekar and to a minor extent myself for Marth, +Toshi and Ghostbone for Diddy and T-Rex for Falco.

Aerodrome for #1.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
We have a Lucario main in QLD by the name of Emery. He is pretty decent when he turns up haha.

As for Diddy and Snake, I would expect their numbers to increase greatly in the next year. I personally wil be picking up one of the 2 once MK is banned for good.
Can I show him who has the better Lucario? :troll:

Emery's bayd.

How would you rate my Lucario Aero?

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
now that mk's gone he should be.

snake still has five losing matchups...

d3 has... one?
Falco, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Diddy Kong are definitely disadvantageous for Dedede.
Matchup chart says Pit and Zheik are as well. I think they're even, but Pit is frustrating as hell without ledgegrab limit.

Attila_

BRoomer
diddy? falco? nooooooooo...

that doesnt make any sense.

can't comment on the others cause i know nothing about them. cept ics. they do beat d3.

and pit is annoying for everyone, although he doesn't beat anyone lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Not technical, just hard to use at high level. He relies very heavily on a strict zoning game, and gets punished hard for dropping his zone even marginally.

Also, corpse dropped snake, and Ted/Apollo only muck around with him. And nova barely plays.

Oh dear. I guess I'd probably still use him anyway.

Honestly, those dumb, gigantic hitboxes are a breath of fresh air to someone who uses Zelderp.

Actually, I would think of Snake as a much better Zelda, since they face the same problems.

Except Snake's about twice as heavy. And doesn't get outcamped by everything under the sun.

I think Zheik/Sheilda is overrated vs Dedede. Zelda still can't kill Dedede until 130% anyway. lawl

@BC25: I think your Lucario is decent. I think you use Counter a bit too often, and I think you need to stop randomly charging d-smashes and hope I run into them.

Basically, replace the random d-smashes and Counters with Aura Sphere spam, and work on your spacing, and you'll get heaps better.

My 2(hundred) cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom