• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Gladstone Smash Thread

S.D

Smash Master
I am well aware that this is most likely a forlorn hope, but...

If you live in Gladstone or Central Queensland and play smash please post in this forum and I'll get in touch with you for some games.

kthx

Melancholy

Smash Ace
I vote this thread 5/5.
Good luck Sam, you never know, there just may be an underground smash scene that we don't know about.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
*Tumble weed rolls by* Good luck Sam haha, come fly down to Brissy whenever for some smash, I can house you.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sam, you might want to see if you can get in contact with Kaydash, if he still posts/plays.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I think I've seen him say he plays melee sometimes, but I might just be imagining it. He would probably be interested at the very least.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Lol well I didn't see this thread coming at all...

The Gladstone Smash scene is booming at the moment. The CPUs and I are going pretty strong; look out M2K! But seriously, if you're living in Gladstone now S.D, I'm sorry. :( Must be pretty hard to go from Sydney (?) to this place.

And I mainly play Brawl, haha. I'm pretty garbage at Melee, but I do love the game and wish I had any idea of what to do in it. I'm guessing this thread's a joke, but it'd be pretty awesome to actually have someone decent to play against.

Sam, you might want to see if you can get in contact with Kaydash, if he still posts/plays.
Kaydash is in Townsville, which is way up north. :(

smopup

Smash Journeyman
It's further away than Brisbane, haha. It's something like an 11 hour drive to Townsville, and a 6 hour drive to Brisbane...

**** Gladstone is so far away from everything.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
My mates sister lives in Gladstone. If I'm ever in the area I'll let be definately posting on here for some smash.

Chances are slim tho, maybe when I was single...

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
ahahahahaha now you'll be crap cause you'll have no one to play like the rest of us also i may come visit sometime if planes fly anywhere near where you live.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Gladstone has an airport, believe it or not. The only airline available is Qantas I think, but it's better than nothing. :p

This place should be the centre of Queensland Smash IMO. We'll be hosting nationals in no time.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
I vote QLD smash tour.

I'm seriously. We go on like a 2 week road tour of melee and brawl. Or weekend.

I shall plan.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Hey S.D, if you're seriously up for some Smash, I'm always keen. Let me know when you're available and hopefully we can organise something. Unfortunately I'm no good at Melee, but maybe I could learn a few things from you, haha. I might be able to put up a fight in Brawl, but you're probably not too interested in that. :p

A tourney here would be pretty funny. I'd be willing to house the two people that show up.

S.D

Smash Master
Didn't you say you lived in Townsville? Isn't that like 10 hours from here?
I don't mind playing Brawl, I'm not bad at it and it's better than nothing.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I was in Townsville for awhile last year, but I'm back in Gladstone now. Kaydash did a pretty decent job at rounding up a few people up there, so I wonder if the same is possible for Gladstone...

smopup

Smash Journeyman
A lot of my uni work is external, so I have a bit of free time. I do work most nights, but otherwise I don't have much going on during the day. I'm usually busy on Mondays and Wednesdays, but after 5pm or so on those days is fine. If that's too late for a meet, than pretty much any other day is fine until I have work at around 4 or 5.

S.D

Smash Master
St George hasn't got air, nor a port, let alone an airport. It is nothing more than a vacuum, sucking in all life around it and transforming it into absolute scat.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I was in Townsville for awhile last year, but I'm back in Gladstone now. Kaydash did a pretty decent job at rounding up a few people up there, so I wonder if the same is possible for Gladstone...
Time to step it up and take Kaydash's role!

It's awesome that you've found a smasher. :p It's also awesome that Sam found someone in Gladstone to smash with!

I reckon you'll be able to step up your Melee game by a heap! :D

Top Bottom