• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Alrighty, just called Jagera once more, they've been booked out by regulars waaay beyond January. I guess they got sick of losing their spot to us and booked it all out in advanced... to have church there >_> **** you Jesus!

Oldman/Sea: Text me if you wanna smash today, number is on the front page.

Edit: Just called 2 more halls around westend to inquire about the bookings, they're all booked out by regular Christians... I hate Christians now, srsly, isn't that what a church is for? not a hall. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
If you don't take MM's seriously, how can they count to the PR? Also we may not play each other in tournament for the next 6 months Oldman, depending on brackets.

I'll play someone against that second best character next time who isn't D3 :)
MM don't count towards the PR, if they do I've been misinformed. I've beaten J-birds twice in MM, but both times we did them for fun not rankings or anything. Oh and I know snake is bs, I don't hold anything against you for CP D3 or any other char, I'm just saying you did CP him and that's who you beat me with, not fox.

Also, if you were having a go at me J-birds I never complained about the D3 match up being too hard, I just said it's boring and I don't like to play it. Apart from that, just making a point.

Scott, have you tried any other council halls besides Jagera? because the 3 I have lined up are all council ones. They're all about $16/hr.

Remastered

Smash Lord
D3 against Snake is 50:50 on 3 out of the 5 starters apparently, and 45:55 on SV and PS1. Not that the boards are much to go by though.

I am still looking at a few venues near me to possibly make Matt's Meat a legit tourney, however I'll wait till we find out whether you guys sort out a venue before I go and set up mine. 3 tounaments a month lol no!

Go back to church Toki (one less person I can't beat at a tournament) lol. We are taking you away from god on a weekend.

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
MM don't count towards the PR, if they do I've been misinformed.
QLD PR Thread said:
Win/Loss History:

- Placement on the PR is influenced by who you have beaten in tournaments
- Conversely; it is also affected by whom you have lost to.
- The significance of these wins and losses is determined by the perceived skill level of the opponent (be they power ranked or not).
- Money Matches/Out of State tournament performance is counted.
- Friendlies are not an acceptable means of perceiving the skill level of a player and do not count towards PR considerations. Taking friendlies into account is in direct opposition of the goals and purpose of the PR.
You have been misinformed

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
mm count for pr. just less legit than tourny results. also massive place to sandbag when stakes are low.
its more like 60:40 DDD if the snake plays gay. if not its 80:20 @_@

Remastered

Smash Lord
I think it's about 45:55 in most cases, but it isn't far off even. I have a mate of mine who doesn't play in tournaments who uses Snake and he beats me a fair bit.

He stays to one side, so as not to get CG'd. Camps like a champ, and techs away when he is chased and uses grenades differently to how the guys at the tournaments do. Suprisingly in Snakes case the stage doesn't become better or worse with the size. Just more campy and harder for D3 to chase.

The only reason people find it hard is because it isn't like the conventional theory behind Snake play. You have to adapt, and yes it can be pretty boring camping, but thats the reality of the characters and how they play.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
You have been misinformed
Touche, well I've never seen anyone take a MM seriously I thought they were just for fun. I don't even bother enforcing RULES when I play them lol. So, has a MM ever affected the PR? because I fail to see where it has (since I've been around).

EDIT:
Snake vs. D3 is pretty even, but snake has to play super campy. It isn't hard, just boring.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Meh, cause no one really MM's each other here and if they do it's only usually for less than a dollar (You cheap ****s)

$16 an hour is pretty pricey... I'm hoping to find something cheaper.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Uuuurgh its only like that cause its a matchup you actually have to 'learn'.
You cant just bs your way through it and play the same as you do in a lot of situations.
Inexperience in this matchup gets you ***** much more than it does in others.

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
Touche, well I've never seen anyone take a MM seriously I thought they were just for fun. I don't even bother enforcing RULES when I play them lol. So, has a MM ever affected the PR? because I fail to see where it has (since I've been around).
Not in the last year, haven't seen an influx of MM since like last turney since I started playing. Obviously the higher the stakes of MM the more effect it would have on the PR.
($5 > .50c for example )

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
So, a 5c MM doesn't mean anything? because, I don't see how that can be taken seriously. If people want to legit MM me I'm keen, the most anyone has offered was $5 (originally $10) which was Cal lol. I love making wagers.

how much is Jagera normally ?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Meh, cause no one really MM's each other here and if they do it's only usually for less than a dollar (You cheap ****s)

$16 an hour is pretty pricey... I'm hoping to find something cheaper.
I was paying $20/hr at Helensvale. But then, I was also charging $10 venue fee.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I just thought I'd step in here and offer my opinion (and as far as experiances go, I have played against lain's d3, as well as others in america- hi lain ;))

whatever you said about snake playing differently is wrong, snake is supposed to play campy and control the stage in ways that make grabbing hard, however d3 can still reliably get a grab on snake, and if the d3 is playing properly that grab leads to at least 50% damage and (again if the player knows what he's doing) usually a straight out kill.

so bascially your playing a matchup where a grab = a stock.
its at least 60 40, and probably worse.
if you dont want to take my word for it, ask attila, he'll tell you the same.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea, Jagera was 10-12ish dollars... I don't want to be charging people $10 for venue fee.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Yeah, Jagera is cheaper than the other council halls for some reason even though it apparently fits more people :/

See what price the church at annerley gives sea then pursue the others.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Are you keeping that same room we had at the last Helensvale meet from now on Vyse? Bloody good room and don't mind paying extra if we are short on attendance if we get it again. I think Jaice mentioned the same too.

@Luke: A D3 grab doesn't mean 50% unless you get grabbed from one end of a level to the other.

Pretty over talking about D3/Snake now anyway. Continue with regular thread.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah it does, you might only get 2 or 3 regrabs before they get to the end of the level, but then you edgeguard and juggle the **** out of snake (or snake c4's himself to get away from that), all that easily makes 50%+

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yea, Jagera was 10-12ish dollars... I don't want to be charging people $10 for venue fee.
You gotta weigh up pros versus cons.
No good getting a cheap venue if nobody can get to it. Or there's no facilities/eateries near by.

I didn't like charging $10/ea either though :/

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Ar you able to pull other groups into the Jagera venue to share costs? The location is awesome

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll probably be going to Matts meat, after 6 though, cause that's when I finish work

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
pretty ****ing hungover.. and my car and keys are at seas ugh
might come (will bring sea), I'll text you if I do

EDIT: sea's driving my car here, we'll come over some time in the arvo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom