• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Sounds sweet, but it turns out i might be going to boat house that weekend, but if not you can count me in
Definitely great fun on a boat, don't try to force yourself to get your parents to bring you back if you can't make it. The meet doesn't count towards tournament results or anything serious. Family comes first :)

Arrow & Vyse are you bringing wii's or tv's?

Also Testi are you coming?

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Since Hotcats seems to on standby due to lack of availability from Jagera, sea and I are looking at possible venues to host a new series of Brisbane tournaments. Hopefully we can get one together before the end of the year, if not early 2011. Will keep everyone posted ;)

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Any brawl or melee meets today, tomorrow or thursday? Can't get work atm so i'm free for the next few days with nothing planned.

Yours is on sunday hey matt? Probs can't make that, going golfing with a couple mates.

EDIT: haha **** yeh, me, you and jbirds T.O's. Our tournaments will have triple the amount of rules hurled at everyone

old seabirds monthlies

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Think hotdog said he wanted to play smash wednesday, if I finish work early I'll defs be up for some.

**** yeah I'm going to enforce so many rules as a TD, I'll find rules for anything and everything. RULES!

Remastered

Smash Lord
No worries Sea, enjoy the golf. I work full-time and play basketball wednesday nights so I'm out for anything before Sunday.

Had a good practice sesh with Jaice last night getting my Wigi back upto scratch and better. Hopefully will have a set of full strength mains by santa smash.

Edit: No more BS J-birds CPing ;)

J-Birds

Smash Lord
CPing?? I played my main against you...

If anything double blind was mindgames cause fox and dedede are afraid of ic's

RULES

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
@ Matthew - When you verse J-Birds next time, choose metaknight. His brain will explode cause counter-picking is impossible. Unless if he gets Emu to grab your controller, whereby your mind will then explode...

@ Oldman - Sounds brilliant. Thinking of the drought between Santasmash and Summersmash made me a bit depressed. Hopefully you will be able to compensate with this new set of tournaments. Would be good to possibly get two tournaments in January. I don't have University for ages now so am pretty much completely available.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Ban MK, RULES!

Luigi's not affraid of IC's ;). Jaice I picked MK last time and he beat me :(. I felt dirty afterwards too.

I will have a meet after chrissy to soften the drought a bit.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Play MK against my Snake i dare you ;)
My counterpicks generally fail cause i counterpick with characters i have pretty much dropped - IC's.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I could probably organise a tournament for Mid January, but I'm also starting my new job then too, so idk. Priorities.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
If you don't need a CP to win, then why didn't you just use fox in the tournament? lol or your supposed main, you did actually beat me with luigi the first time we played. I don't treat MM like a tournament match, especially when they're only for a number of cents.

It's boring because you can't approach D3 without getting grabbed, and if you get grabbed you're ****ed. Tilt=win doesn't work against a lot of characters, it's just not as simple as shield -> grab -> cg for them.

I just don't see how you can say J-birds BS CP'd you when you do the same thing, that's all.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think him saying he can win with fox is not to say he shouldn't counter pick. When you're in tournament, why risk using Fox when you know you can secure a win with D3 easier?

Basically you're good with two characters, but you know one does better than the other in the matchup, so why not?

Remastered

Smash Lord
J-birds doesn't counter me, but more he forces a double blind in which all of his characters scare me to pick. If somehow I pick one of my characters that doesn't have a 70:30 MU with one of his characters (which is the case with most of them). I may win the first and then he counters me on the second and MK I'm guessing on the 3rd (haven't got that far yet).

Basically I have to pick randomly and correctly to begin with and then hope I can take out MK at the end because he will win the second no matter what because he is a good player.

In your case Oldman, I play the more favourable character for the exact reason Vyse said. I didn't want you to feel as though I was playing dirty though, so I played the MM with fox. Hopefully my supposed main will be back up to scratch by next tourney and I'll MM you with Luigi too. (Even though he gets ***** in the MU lol). I have been a bit neglectful of poor old wigi.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Play Wigi dude. Big Lou can do it!

J-Birds, Hotdog, oldman and sea. I need to talk to you guys soon about what I'm planning for 2011. In the mean time, you guys can all help me by gathering dates that are preoccupied by stuff next year already.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I think him saying he can win with fox is not to say he shouldn't counter pick. When you're in tournament, why risk using Fox when you know you can secure a win with D3 easier?

Basically you're good with two characters, but you know one does better than the other in the matchup, so why not?
I'm not saying he shouldn't CP, I'm just saying he's making out he didn't CP me with D3 when he did. My point is Matt's saying he would have still beaten me with fox, I disagree. Until he beats me with fox in a tournament I'll continue to disagree.

In your case Oldman, I play the more favourable character for the exact reason Vyse said. I didn't want you to feel as though I was playing dirty though, so I played the MM with fox. Hopefully my supposed main will be back up to scratch by next tourney and I'll MM you with Luigi too. (Even though he gets ***** in the MU lol). I have been a bit neglectful of poor old wigi.
MM don't count, they're basically a friendly with a price attached to the outcome - which in our case was 5c lol. Until you play and beat me in a tournament with a char other than D3 I'm going to hold the same opinion. Like I said you have beaten me with luigi in our first encounter, so I'll give you that.

EDIT: yes, play luigi! you've done it before you can do it again.. right? I just don't think you should claim bragging rights until you've earned them in a tournament match.
/discussion

@vyse - sea and I are contacting venues for new brisbane tournaments atm, will let you know when we hear back from them.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Just got a response back from one of the venues, they're taking it to their board meeting next tuesday and will let me know shortly after that so fingers crossed.

The venue is a hall next to a church in Annerley.

- bout the size of jagera (probs a little smaller but not by much)
- carpark 15+ spaces
- excellent location (across the road from the pub) so i can go and get smashed if i get knocked out early :D
- 5 mins walk from fairfield train station and the venue is situated adjacent to ipswich road so close to bus stops within walking distance
- Plenty of food places in the area, they have maccas, hj's, k.f.c, sizzler, nando's, subway and more within 5 min drive.
- Easily caters to our electricity requirements.

If that fails, oldman already knows of 3 venues that we can check out so we should have an old seabirds tournament monthly up and running by early next year. I don't want to schedule anything in late december (after santasmash) for obvious reasons and there might not be enough time for a pre-santasmash tournament.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I have a new number - 0438 415 392 and i'm not at work, i'm free to talk

I don't have many other numbers so feel free to send me urs guys.

Remastered

Smash Lord
If you don't take MM's seriously, how can they count to the PR? Also we may not play each other in tournament for the next 6 months Oldman, depending on brackets.

I'll play someone against that second best character next time who isn't D3 :)

Edit: Down thrown chain isn't as easy as it sounds to do on fox, but the MU is still crap without it. Pika is to prioritive.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Your all **** stop crying about matchups wah wah wah
60-40 is soooooo manageable
Play better than your opponent and win ffs

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Down throw chain toooo eaaaasy.

I think I know what place you're talking about Sea.

Buuuut what is the price per hour?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Because i main MK moreseo than Snake ...
My Snake is probably still better but how else will my MK improve unless i play him =/

I havent played snake vs ddd in a while but ill give it a go in friendlys on sunday k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom