• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

Sirias

Smash Champion
Why does no one think I'm reliable?
Just because I'm too busy in the boys' toilets doesn't mean I can't help with the tournament when I'm free, gawd.

I 'can' bring 2 T.Vs 'if' I have a means of getting them there.
HELL no, I'm not lugging them around. I wouldn't be able to carry 2 anyway, only 1, and I sure as heck wouldn't carry it by myself - look like a robber. I'm not that bl-just joking, don't cry now.

I need more Brawl if I 'really' wanna come to this.
So far since I know I can't even get into the top 3 I don't really wanna play (yes, yes I have to believe I can 'IF I'M LUCKY' get into the top 3, which right now I do not think is possible)...
So someone host something kgo.

Oh wait, are we doing that thing at Kustom's? Who's going?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
woomba = toowoomba... u guys didnt get tbar either... dumb thing is i think thats allthe nicknames i've got 4 toowoomba... gona hav to think up some new material for the tournament...

Yokai

Smash Ace
LOL Gstreet, I knew what it meant, but woomba sounded so funny, thats all.]

Awesome Ben, I know Anthony appreciates it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hello Anthony

This is the first contact I have received regarding your enquiry.

The 20 September is only available in the South Centre. The large hall has seating for 200 and has 28 tables. Cost of hire is $600.00 for the day. 7am to midnight. As your group has used the Centre previously I would reduce the hire to $500.00. There is 3phase power in this room and would be most suitable for your group. The meeting room in this building would be too small for the number of people you anticipate attending your event.

The North building is booked by Weight Watchers every Saturday until 10am, so if this room would be more suitable cost of hire is $350.00, reduced to $300.00 for your group. There are 100 chairs and 20 tables. No 3phase power however. Unfortunately 20 September is booked by another group.

If you can let me know dates of future events I would be able to check the calendar for availability in the North building if more suitable.

Kind Regards
Maree S Milner
Centre Manager
Since we're not expecting 200 people, I'm not going to settle for $100 off South Hall.

North Hall - $300 dollars. 10am to Midnight.
We can either have the weekend before or after. I'm leaning towards the weekend after so that it's one week into the school holidays.

We could also try for a week day, but then there are Uni students. I'm pretty sure you'll all still be at uni then so yeah...

How does that sound?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Weekend after would give OOS'ers more time to save, and school holidays only mean more people coming. Weekdays is usually bad in general, unless it's a public holiday

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm convinced : P
I'm also thinking we should have a tournament in the interim between now and this tournament.

Currently we're planning a trip to Redcliffe for an STD/tournament (Deception Bay Area). So I think that'll tide people over.

That will probably come up in the next few weeks, so I'm all for delaying the tournament for one more week.

EDIT:

@Yokai: Maree just told me that having a barbeque there will cost extra -_-
Since 'Lions Park' is right next to it, I say we allocate one hour for a barbeque and everyone just walks there.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Agreed, delayed tourny ftw.

Im not sure of uni holidays, but they are usually similar to school ones in my limited experience, so this would be most awesome.

EDIT: Thats what we did last time, so dont fret. Its only 20m up the road lol, we could even cook em there n bring em over sort of thing. I dont really mind. But yeah, food will be had somehow hahaha.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I can confirm now that the venue is Helensvale Community Centre.
The time we have it booked for is 10am to 12pm
We will have the venue for $300 for the whole day.

If 40 people come to the tournament, and pay the Event Entry fee, that's $200.
Take $25 from the Pot's of each event and that makes $300.

We will have the venue for 14 hours.
3 hours 30 minutes for each event to take place.

EDIT: There's more I want to talk about, namely pricing and issues to do with food, and other rules that need to be laid down. I'll do that tonight.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I agree with Zac. c:

Oh, so the thing in Redcliffe this weekend is happening?
Gah.
Now you tell me.
Although my friend is apparently staying down here (around Carindale omg Zac -- actually Mansfield) so the only way I get there be via public transport.
Or I could get my dad to drive me. HAW.
Like he would, the b@st@rd.

:C

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I agree with Zac. c:

Oh, so the thing in Redcliffe this weekend is happening?
Gah.
Now you tell me.
Vyse said:
Currently we're planning a trip to Redcliffe for an STD/tournament (Deception Bay Area). So I think that'll tide people over.

That will probably come up in the next few weeks, so I'm all for delaying the tournament for one more week.
GG :laugh:

---------

Progress Report III -

Okay.

We've got a venue: Helensvale Community Centre - South Hall.
We've got a date - 27th of September
We've got so far 32 people confirmed, and several more to confirm.

Now I've gotta lay down a few laws.

~ House Rules ~

Now I had a talk with Maree, the kind lady who acts as the manager of the centre. She has some reservations about us coming in, but she is like that with all of the new clients to use the centre (We'd used the centre before, but yeah >.<).

On the assumption that we follow some simple, important rules, we can ensure that we'll be allowed to come back. She said that if this goes well, we'd be able to come back on a monthly/quarterly basis for a more lowered fee than before.

The first two are particularly important, so read carefully.

1. Use your common sense!

I know, I know. You're all reasonably mature people, and know how to treat things with respect. However please, don't do anything that will get me in trouble -_-
I guess this would include kicking stuff around the place, mucking around near windows with blinds that could get tangled/wrecked/what have you, y'know, that kind of thing. If you've got some excess energy to burn, burn it outside please -_-
I won't be afraid to tell you guys to take it outside if you wanna start running around for the hell of it. There's going to be 13+ setups, so I don't want people acting up around the place too much.

That being said, I think you guys know how to grope each other in public, and know where to draw the line.

2. 2. Do NOT bring food onto the premises

Okay, well you know what I mean. Water is fine, DJ's lollies are fine, but barbequed sausages and all other forms of food have to remain away from the premises. Aparently I have to pay extra if I allow people to eat on the premises. We can blame this and rule 1 on people who have used the centre in the past and abused it.

There will be a barbeque midway through the day being held in Lions Park, a 50 metre walk up the road, food and drinks will cost very little to smashers. Just a few dollars to pay for the food being barbequed.

3. Respect other people's property

The wii's you will be playing on will likely belong to other people, and they are doing this tournament a great service by providing Wii's and TV's. So the least you can do is be careful around equipment.

Also, bring your own controller. Please. -_-

4. We gotta lock the key at 12am or thereabouts

I didn't quite grasp what Maree meant, but I'd imagine what she meant to say was "You have to be out of there before 12am" and it is my every intention to be out of there by this time. The tournament must end at roughly 11pm, or earlier if possible, so that we can be out of there at least a half hour before 12.

>.<

---

Also, I want to discuss pricing.

I'm thinking $10 for both Singles events and $5 for both doubles.
If you decide to enter all four events, we could give you a discount of $5
Making your total spenditure $30 (Including Door Fee).

I'm going to go with this pricing scheme for now, but I want to hear people's opinions.

Also, I'm going on Monday to inspect North Hall. Maree says its capacity is 100 people. So I'm going to consider finding a partner gaming scene for the event (Most likely Halo) so we can get more people in the door.

Opinions and ideas on this would be appreciated as well.

Yokai, your dream of a Pokemon Tourney just became that much more viable.

Okay, that's it from me. Discuss!

EDIT:
Guess that wasn't everything I wanted to say lolz.

Here is my proposal for the schedule:

10:00am - 10:45am: Setup and Friendlies
10:45am - 11:00am: Brawl Doubles Registration
11:00am - 1:30pm: Brawl Doubles
1:30pm - 2:30pm: Barbeque Lunch
2:30pm - 2:45pm: Brawl Singles Registration
2:45pm - 5:15pm: Brawl Singles
5:15pm - 5:30pm: Melee Singles Registration
5:30pm - 8:00pm: Melee Singles
8:00pm - 8:15pm: Melee Doubles Registration
8:15pm - 10:45pm: Melee Doubles
10:45pm Onwards: Crew Battle/Packup and Leave

Man, if we had it from 8am, that would be sooo much better -_-
Oh well. 14 hours will have to do.

If people only wanted to do Melee Singles, we could have more time for Crew Battles.
-_- I dunno.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer i guess that is fine. as long as it happens. u's shud come up to toowoomba b4 then too.

Yokai

Smash Ace
pokemon tourny ;( oh how I wish thee. But yeah, the scene would need to be bigger lol. If anyone is interested, LET ME KNOW.

Halo is a good idea really, there are plenty of halo peoples. Antho, maybe you could even have a magic the gathering tourny (I dont play, I dont know how big of a scene it is, but last time I checked it was still popular amongst the school kids?)

EDIT: Getting to wombat is hard Grnstrt. Seriously, no train makes it so hard, and petrol prices have me by the balls.

Aurora313

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThatAuraGuy
This looks great! I would love to go but unfortunately my parents aren't exactly the 'drive me anywhere' sort. If I can end up going, I'll give ya a shout, but until then, I'm still in the 'unlikely phase' of things.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well hey, somebody could come pick you up (although if your parents are anything like mine, they wouldn't let any old stranger pick you up).

Alternatively, we could suggest a public transport route for you. I'm a master of GC's public transport.

You live on the Gold Coast?

EDIT:

Also welcome Aurora!
Nice to meet you.

Aurora313

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThatAuraGuy
Nice to meet you guys too, and Lucario needs more supporters. Anyway, I live in brisbane, Carina Heights to be exact, so that's why it might be a problem for me getting to the venue. The date is fine, i'm still on holidays then, it's just the location. I dont usually go down to the Gold Coast, so that's the only real problem for me. At any rate, I'll try to organise something with my parents, hopefully I'll be able to meet some smashers from QLD. There's only one other person that I know of in my local area that plays smash, so meeting some new people sounds great. Well I'll see what I can do, but for the meantime I gotta get off the comp for tonight. I'll check the forum tomorrow, so I'll hopefully see you guys then.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Zomg~ I'm so looking forward to this.
Probably need a partner for brawl teams.
Also melee if I enter (hahaha "if").
Is the 27th certain? Cuz I'm going Japan on the 1st October and I'll need to sort things out.

Chris offered me to stay at his for my stay but as much as I love Chris I wanna spend a night at Juggies <3 if possible lol...nothing sexual, seriously....

Yokai

Smash Ace
Aurora, I am going from bris to the gold coast via trains, so if you need any help let me know.

Out of interest, how old are you? (therefor are your parents ok with coming alone with people you met over the net)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well we could bring back singles from $10 entry to $5 entry.

The day would cost you $25 total. Singles first prize in all events would be close to $100 assuming that 40 people enter each event.
hmm.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
there is a few lucarios hanging round isnt there... maybe i shud main sonic. definitely got owned the other night by a mates pikachu tho.
anyhu....
yer thats ok i didnt fugure anyone wud lol. **** fuel............ once again.. instant transmission wud come in handy.

did a word blocker get installed? coz if so.. that starred word up there is d am n ... lol

let me check..
starred?
its not even a bad word ...

Sirias

Smash Champion
You were putting in d@mn, right? Censors in this are so ridiculously strict. Oh well, by-pass kgo.

Zac. $30 isn't even that much. Can't you scrounge (or ask) for that?

And yes, Anthony, I realise now. HOWEVER! USUALLY you wouldn't make a new PARAGRAPH for THE SAME SUBJECT. THANK YOU! GAWD~ c:
Anyway, that being said, thankfully I didn't go up to D-Bay, otherwise I'd just be mingling with my friend like I did last week, and that wasn't all that fun.
And no, I don't grope anyone, I'm the one that gets groped, so thanks. c: However, since you PRESUMED that I would be the groper, then I SHALL do so JUST to be a **** SO BAH.

What's with all the Lucario players? I'll smash all your a$$e$!
Oh, and by the way, good day to you, Aurora. c: That's a pretty name. ... <3 Olol.
Carina Heights is close to Zac and Toai, no?
HOLY GOD, TOAI?!?! WHERE IS TOAI?!??!??!?!?!?!?!???!?!
And Josh, haven't seen them in forever. Makes me sad. Very. Very sad. :c

We need to have a meet up in Brisbane that's not located all the way in Browns Plains.

AND MELEE! OH MY GOD~ No way. No way. c:
Definately going now, olol, olololol.
Only to get my a$s handed to me.

Other game ideas for the tourney? Uhm... But if we did we'd have to supply more consoles (and TVs) so wouldn't we have to be sure we have enough of those before we decide to bring in another game? Or do we already have enough of those.
Or alternatively we could look for another Wii game, but I don't really know any.
HahaAAAAA! WII FIT TOURNAMENT! OLOL~

shamous919

Smash Rookie
The only crap thing about this tournament, is that its so far south that those of us that live in NQ will find it hard to make it down. if money permits than i can probably come....otherwise its just too far.

but as long as i get kept in the loop i will do the best i can to spare some cash for the trip. even if i dont get a winning position, a smash tournament would be **** awesome.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer lucarios everywhere. cant say its good. quite lame coz every1 will b the same

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
zac doesn't want to spend $30 he knows he can't steal back.... i mean win back
but yeah i really wont know for sure if i can make it till things start to get a lot more solid about travel/accommodation/whatever else
looking forward to seeing the majority of qld people again though

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
This is Vyse on Accelerate's account.

It's not as though I'm making you enter every tournament. $5 gets you in the door, and then you're free to enter any and all of them. So yeah, if you don't feel like entering any of the tourney's, that's fine. However, I still need the $5 dor fee. Please don't hate me >.<

I'm thinking about dropping Melee doubles for Crews instead.

@GreenStreet: Don't be discouraged by the number of Lucario's. Keep playing Lucario >.<

@Shamous: Unfotunately, the largest concentration of players is here in south east QLD >.< So it's most logical to hold it down here.

Also, when I say, introduce another tournamnent, They'd have to supply their own TV's etc.
Halo and Magic: The Gathering are looking likely at this pont.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
-Kas / Sirias here:-

IF you're so against so many Lucario players, just kick their a$$ and claim Lucario champ. c:
See, I told you my Lucario wasn't crap.
It's just made of ****e. <3

I think maybe Marth is my best. =/ Which is really gheygheyghey.
Better start playing more Ike and Wolf and Lucario and MK and Dedede and Snake and Pit.
That only leaves Falco and Fox and Peach and Marth out. c:

Woohoo! Playing... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
11 characters. <3 Yay~
That's 1/3 almost. If I could just add 1/3 of a character...

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I can Bring 2 Wiis and 1 Brawl. My TV Is pretty ****in big but if we can get it into Kustoms car i can get it there

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Oh and can i man the Grill for the BBQ? I work at BBQs galore and own 2 BBQs myself im a pretty l33t chef =D

Top Bottom