• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
ok i am not sure whether this is in the spiel at the front of the thread, but will it be 1 match per round? wat i mean by this is...

Mr A is playing Mr B in the first round (lets assume double elim)
does Mr A or B have to win best out of three or is it just the one match?
just thought clarification mite b needed.

and also. is round robin an option... time consuming but its preeettty accurate in terms of judging skill.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Best 2 out of 3. Finals matches will consist of best 3 out of 5.
Sorry, I've got some more work to do to the front page : ]

Also, pools are always an option (Smaller Round robin rounds) to create a top sixteen. But like you said, time consuming. Swiss would be faster.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oooo, is this going to be at Helensvale? If that's the case I'll fly into Coolangatta instead of Brisbane

Sirias

Smash Champion
Not my fault I like to be F***ed. :C
PLZ ANDY, OH PLOX F*** ME! <3
I'm no longer a little boy, I feel unwanted.

Nevermind the shouting of vulgar words. o:
Indeed, though, I must laugh alongside Zac to what you said, Chris.
Maybe there's one or two. MAYBE.

I thought you liked being groped, Davie... C:

There are always spammers in threads that're to do with things that're 2 months EARLY. c:

By the way, I asked this before to... Anthony, I think, but...
Who do you think is second best in QLD?
I'm pretty sure Chris (Ammeren) is the best here.
Maybe Bryce? Or Ryan? Although I haven't heard of Ryan in ages, so maybe he's quit, or too busy, or something.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Accelerate is rather...distant these days. No idea why -_-
He seems keen on the tournament, he told me that since Cao is coming I'd better do a **** good job and not half-*** it.

1st: Ammeren/Amaterasu/Chris - MetaKnight
2nd: Sloth/Bryce - Game & Watch
3rd: Accelerate/Ryan - R.O.B.

=_=

EDIT: Also, I'm going to make a point of doing a mass PM mailout to all those QLD smashers that have posted their friend codes in the Wii Numbers and FC's thread.

That might get their attention.

I'm also going to post this up on aussie nintendo and PALGN.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Wow. the **** is flying, worst part is, anyone who trys to say they are above it, has a red target painted on them saying FLAME ME.

Not that I really care. Anthony, how is the hall hire stuff coming along.

Also, my mum (YES MY MUM) has offered to run a BBQ at said tourny, with procedes just going to the cost of the meat n bread (we all know how much this thread, nay QLD loves its sausages) with sauce ect and ill huslte some onions too or something.

So food is organised. (not orgasmed, as is the case with most food)

Also, my mum will **** you all, if you say a YA MUM joke, she will **** you and cut your nads off.

EDIT: Also, Im considering getting a quote for some Tshirts for WARD probably with sig on the back and WARD LORD *Vyse coined that one * or something on the front(embroided in pocket perhaps?).

Anyone interested?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
so is it in brissy or goldcoast. coz i really dont wanna drive to brunswick street and find out its at the gc.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ease up there Greenstreet : ]
Don't worry, I expect that by the end of the week I'll be able to confirm the venue.

You won't be driving to the wrong place >.<

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay fellas (And ladies? Kas? Syke?), here's the scoop.

Helensvale State High School's facilities (Including the Student Activity Centre) are open to the public to hire. If I were to hire said centre, it would cost me a fee, but it would probably be discounted because I'm an employee. However, the longer I prod and poke the idea of using HSHS as a venue, the less I like the idea, purely because of the red tape that I'm guessing will be involved.

I just sent the following email to Helensvale Community Center.

Vyse said:
Hello.
My name is Anthony Smith.

I am the director of an event titled 'Queensland Brawl Buddies' and am scouting for possible locations for the event. The nature of the event is that of a video game tournament being run using TV's and Nintendo Wii's.

At this point we are expecting a turnout of anywhere between 30 and 40 people.

Previously, we have used your facilities for similar events (SQUAT was the name of the previous event/s), and our contact was 'Matthew Bustin'. He's since moved away, and I've become the contact person. In previous times our events have been a great success, and we would like to to use your facilities again.

The event is scheduled for the 20th of September 2008 (A Saturday), so could I please ask whom it may concern to provide me with the following:

- A description of rooms that could feasibly hold upwards of 40 people and roughly 10 TV's
(We will be bringing all of our own equipment, including power boards) Importantly, if you could provide us with their dimensions, that would be great.

- The amount of hours we could hire the room(s) for, previously we've had to leave at roughly 5:30 PM, but we would very much appreciate being able to book a room until 7:30pm or later if possible.

- The hourly rate of each of the rooms you provide us with descriptions of. Also, is there any kind of discount for hiring for the maximum amount of hours available during one day?

Thank you in advance for everything.
Kind Regards
Anthony Smith
Now, it may be selfish and greedy of me to hold it in Helensvale, but since I'm the one organizing it, I feel that it's important that I'm close to the venue so that it makes the whole process of inspecting the premises, talking to the owners, getting there on the day etc. more smooth. Also, I feel that there is a substantial amount of people in the area who are definitely interested in going.

HOWEVER, nothing is final. I implore everyone to continue making suggestions as to the venue location. The day it is made final though, is the day I slap down a deposit.

EDIT:
Also I've posted this on PALGN.
http://palgn.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=431674#431674

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
sign me up. chances are I can make it.
my bday is on the 24th so it can be a birthday present to me <3

ps. not guaranteed though

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
JEIII JEIIII WUBBBBBBBBBB KKYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caps

Sirias

Smash Champion
Omigawd, fo rlz, homie g ***** bro cuz? (Jei).
How old are you turning? o:
No matter, always old enough for me. <3

If I was a lady I think the correct term for me would be herm. Yay~

Sounds good. Wherever it's held I'll be able to get there anyway.
Hmmm... all the OOSers...
WHERE IS FREDDO?!?!?
</3<3</3<3<3<3

Cao and Jei weee~~ c:

I wonder how well I'd fair... fare? against Chris, Bryce and Ryan.
I wasn't so bad against Ryan when I last played him.
Got raeped by Chris.
And I'd imagine I'd be able to take a stock or two off Bryce.
BACK THEN.
Not really sure anymore.

I really need to stop pressing Enter for every new sentence I make, it's really irritating me.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer.. the only problem could be that its a saturday, i'm not sure, but usually most places are booked preety far ahead for weekends. but i spose its only july so it shudnt b a problem.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm teaming with Kulla! For Melee and Brawl. That way we can both be compromised for our inferiorites in certain games :grin:

Best thing about TO's ~ you run whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want. Ultimately. GG Vyse.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Kas is the token white-black guy.

Bad thing about TO's ~ you get distracted easily, its hard to keep on the game because you're telling everyone else what to do but still, running a tournament is a great thing to add to your rep.

I really liked Syke's comments about all 'these new n00bs' and 'Scrubs! You run the tournament! I can't handle it!'

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@GTR: Use one controller with one hand, and use your free hand to grope the opponent : P

@Cao & Dedu: Your sagely words of adivice are sagely and appreciated. Despite the benefits of being the one in charge of the tournament, I still feel I should be fair to the regular smashers as much as I can, in location of the venue and everything else. As to Dedu's concern about distractions, I will agree, but I also think (hope) that I will cope come the day.

@Everyone:
I'll make a progress report tonight.
Stay tuned.

Sirias

Smash Champion
i aint no black a$$ homie hu do u taek me 4 u lil pees of ****? im a wyt a$$ muther focka - guna pop a cap in ur a$$ *****

Anyway. That aside - what the heck everything's downloading at 300kb/s and I don't know why. ... I'll be capped soon at this rate. Not good. Not good. Hooray for not pressing enter for every new sentence as well - and good times for my incessant spam. Indeed, you must deep throat it. <3

There's gonna be Melee too? I did not know that. If Melee is gonna be on at this I'll need 1 day prior to it to regain all my tech. c: Hooray~ I'll need Ryan as well, he makes me feel good inside. C:

Zac, we're teaming, right? Or do you wanna team with someone else - I don't really mind. :c But we're both pink and all... and gay for each other, so I would imagine we'd do well together. <3?

Yokai

Smash Ace
The Underlying inuendo is well... It reeks of queer.
In regards to teams, is there anyone else without a team partner? Cause as you may have guessed, I dont have a partner (maybe im not queer enough ???)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You will never be queer enough, and be thankful for it.

Also:
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=335359#post335359

I've got this posted on aussie-nintendo now.
---

Progress Report 2:

OKAY. I have a few big announcements to make. And many more to make in the coming days/weeks.

First off, and most importantly, we've (I've) been talking about one thing alot. The Venue. So I'm going to come right out and say that my current proposal to using the high school is simply not going to work. There is simply too much red tape to get around to make the venue work. I'm going to keep prodding the idea for a little while, but at this point, it's looking unlikely. I just don't believe that it's a very good idea to use it for many of the reasons I've stated previously, which just really sucks.

So at this point we have two clear options:
Fortitude Valley PCYC & Helensvale Community Centre

Now, whilst FV PCYC has been quite good to us in the past, I've simply come to the conclusion that HCC is closer to me, and many of the equipment suppliers I've registered for the tournament. Thus it would make setup smoother. HCC also offers a range of rooms, the one I'm looking at 'North Hall' has space to accomodate 100 people, which seems like more than enough room.

Pending the results of email and phone contact with them, we can negotiate how long we can have the venue for. Hopefully we can have it until roughly 7:30pm or around abouts. That way I'd be more confident than I am at the moment about the prospect of having Brawl and Melee events occur over the same day.

As such, I've updated the front page a bit, with a schedule that seems a little optimistic with its time distribution amongst the events.

As stated by Yokai, his mother will again be kind enough to host a barbeque, so when lunch time occurs, hopefully nobody will need to go anywhere. Lunch will be pretty cheap, we'll only charge for as much as we need to recoup the amount of money spent on sausages and coke/what have you.

Also, Yokai and I are cooking up something special. T-shirts!
We will probably have to charge people 10 dollars for them, and we'll have either a 'Ward' specific design on them, or a 'I was at QBB' shirt or something to that effect.

That's about it on my end. Tommorow I'll call the community centre if they haven't replied to my email (For some reason I've got this feeling that my email failed to send).

Please, if you have anything you wish to raise, feel free to raise it here, or PM me, or contact me via email: vyse_niseal123@hotmail.com which is also my MSN address.

Also, I'd like to hear people's opinions on the venue/raise their grievances with it.

EDIT: We should also start discussing GC housing options for our interstate travellers

Dedu

Smash Lord
TSHIRTS <3 LOLLIES <3

I'm willing to serve to Jesus Christ only.
The power of Christ compels you to serve to Vyse!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Sirias: If you can bring two TV's that'd be hot. Don't worry too much if you can't bring a TV. Nick can bring both his japanese Wii and Normal wii, to match them.

@Scrubs: TV'(s) and wii'(s)? Awesome. I'll put you down for one of each for now (?)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Check it out. Our front page has over 30 people confirmed for the tournament now with potentially 1 station per three people.

I'm still waiting on a reply from Helensvale Community Centre.
I might call them.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
u may as well add 1 to that number vyse, coz another mate from woomba is gonna trek up with me.

:) :) :) yay.. not sure, he doesnt hav a gamertag 4 smash, just put Dan from Toowoomba or something, i dunno

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've sent them another email, explaining that I wasn't sure if the first email went through.
I'll call them tomorrow afternoon if they haven't gotten back to me.

Also, Yokai has been instated as a Tournament Judge/Match Official. I'm looking for perhaps maybe one more person to help staff the event as match officials.

I'm looking at Scrubs =_=

Also:
http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=209842#p209842

That's a total of three locations other than smashboards.

Top Bottom