• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Bside can also be an option to push your opponent if you do not have time to get back to Bair, especially vs Marth.
Funny you should mention that because in an online BB match I was in a SD with a marth and tried to do a AS reversal, but failed and ended up doing a FP Flame and got him:). But in all seriousness I see how this can work, as it has worked for me in the past.

Thank you, oh wise Lucarios! Every one of you:). I will ask more questions when I have them:bee:.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I need help on landing back on the stage. When I get sent flying my opponent stays under me on the ground and waits until I fall and when I do, they just shield and grab. I Dair, they shield then grab. I fast fall Bair, they shield and dash grab. I even air dodge and they just shield and grab. I thought that Nair would be good considering that it has virtually no landing lag, thinking that I could land then jump away, but no that grab is all too mighty and fast. I need some tips on how to avoid this because this shield and grab thing is just getting ridiculous.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Try saving your jump after being launched, then using it mixed with an AD to change the timing and position of your landing. You should always save your jump after being launched, but if you're having trouble landing even when you're still over the stage, you might want to focus on it a bit more.

B-reversals and wavebounces are also a very good option for taking care of this problem if you can execute them properly at will. You can be traveling in one direction, B-trick in another while initiating an ASC, and then AD to cancel it and change direction again. If you're high up enough, you can even do this multiple times with multiple B-tricks and AS cancels.

Finally, if none of this seems to be working for you or your opponent is adapting to all of it and reading your landings just as easily, try retreating from the air all the way out to either ledge. You may simply feel more comfortable with your various ledge options than with your landing options. However, you may find yourself giving up stage control and putting yourself in undesirable positions/taking more damage than you would normally like.

elrelster

Smash Cadet
What has worked for me is using dair about two or three lucario heights off the ground, just to mess with the opponents spacing, along with B-reversals, airdodges, and retreating fairs in succession. Also, an extreeeeeeeeme speed hitting the ground at an angle once in a while tends to be unexpected and offers minimal time to punish, unless anticipated.

rurounikenshin

Smash Rookie
How do I cancel the charge of AS? i´ve seen Trela do some amazing **** with that and it looks really interesting.

LucarioMaster

Smash Apprentice
I think Fsmash/Ftilt and Dair are very good in this Match up , edgeguard with Bair , sDI his Dsmash and dodge his Bdown and you will be alive for a long time and when our Aura is high , Aurasphère has the prio against his Bneutral , be careful with his Usmash , Pikachu has only Usmash for kill us if you sDI the Dsmash and dodge the Bdown. (ANA is also a kill move for Pikachu but he is easy to DI)
I think the worst stage for Lucario is Lylat in this Match Up and DF SV YI are good for Lucario. (I hate Fregate and PS1 only against Pikachu, i don't know why..)
I think Bside oos are good too , after have shield his Dsmash or his Fsmash you can Bside oos (or dash grab)
I have many other things to say but I think that if I continue I would never finish , lol.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Yes how is the matchup now?

i remember back in the day everyone ******** about marths hitboxes and lucarios float. Trela did **** that right? *goes to check*

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Hello Lucarios, I'm thinking of broadening my horizons from just Ness and I'm considering Lucario, anyone have some vids that can help me get a quick start to learning him?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hey Lucario Boards, what are your thoughts on Survival DI with Dair > Double Team? and while on the subject of Double team, what are your thoughts on using Double Team reversed to avoid being edgeguarded with incoming projectiles/aerials? (Only assuming we haven't used our double/second jump yet to still recover to the edge or the stage)

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
masonomace is DABESSSSS

Based on my observations of your play I think the reverse double team thing is a splendid idea

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that Snake's grenade sometimes doesn't explode on impact against a fully charged aura sphere but explodes after a jab?

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
I don't think projectiles (bar the ones like Toon Link's bomb) trigger it? I believe they just stop it.

I have a few questions I compiled over a period of time playing. I'd be grateful if someone could answer some:

1) If they shield my down-air, what can I do to follow up (or at least avoid punishment)?

2) Should Lucario GIMP?

3) If the opponent isn't in the air, should Lucario do a full jump (ever)?

4) Is Lucario's dash attack ever a legitimate combo-starter?

5) How are more than two moves done in a short-hop approach? EX. How are more than the following moves done (if possible): short hop forward - forward air - neutral air/forward air)?

Thanks guys.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
-Stuff n things- <3.
1. Depends on how you space it. If you just SH f-air, d-air it's much more punishable but you keep your jump. If your spacing it with SH-F-air, double-jump d-air it becomes safer, but ya no longer have your jump. Assuming you space it at max range above there head, you can:

-Fall down with n-air to either the front or the back of the opponent
-D-air again. Why not.
-Charge aurasphere directly ontop of them as you fall (Awesome for people who like to just sit n' shield)
-Force palm 11 frames before you land for an instant grab when you hit the ground. (Also awesome against shielders.)
-Or just flat out jump away.

Air-dodge too I guess, but eh. Theres probably some other stuff i'm forgetting, but i'm sure another Lucario will be able to chip-in and help.
Some characters just flat out punish it on shield even at max range like DDD or Pit. In that case, best not to put yourself in a situation when they shield your d-air. Make sure to mix it up what you do after the d-air to keep your opponent guessing?

2. Depends on who ya fight. Some characters like MK and Game and Watch just arn't worth going after. But yea, Lucario has a pretty good gimping game.
F-airs awesome for dragging certain characters down to there grave. D-airs awesome for stage spikes, like if a spacies trying to recover with up-b, and b-airs flat out great for outranging people trying to recover to the stage. Know your options, and don't go in TOO deep unless you know you'll get em. Don't wanna risk getting gimped ourselves, ya know?

3. Uhh. Sometimes. A nice trick alot of lucarios do is a double jump upwards over the opponent and d-air anticipating a short hop from the enemy. it works great against characters that out range us air-to-air or like approaching with short hops a lot like Wario, Marth, and game and watch. It doesn't even get punished that much if you mix it up with more d-airs, fastfalled n-airs and b-reverse/wavebounces as you fall. Assuming ya don't go crazy with it of course.

4. Yes. The way it works is if you hit the opponent late with it the knockback is decreased and it sets em up for some nice follow ups. Like, right when Lucario's foot hits the ground Hell, ya can even combo some fatties if you hit with it early~. A few follow ups are:

-Turn around grab.
-Turn around jab
-U-tilt
-D-air~? (I sometimes accidentally footstool then d-air when I try this. Which ya know. Also works.)
-butt F-air maybe~? Might be too slow, or too high against some characters. :<

You can do alot of follow ups actually. Again, i'm probably missing some stuff. If your asking if it SHOULD be used as a combo-starter, yea, it still has it's uses despite being pretty unsafe. Use it if you're in need of some quick burst range to catch your opponent off guard, or if you know you can punish something with it. dash attack also makes a decent punish for opponents that are trying to land.

5. He can perform 3 moves during a short hop, however it should never be done as approach. The only combination of moves he can do during a SH that equate to 3 is: SH-fair, d-air, d-air. Sadly SH-f-air f-air d-air is impossible to do on flat land.

Hope that helps some.

EDIT: Oh wow! Ignore what I said for your fifth question, because I totally thought you were asking something else. Derp. :I

Why is it that Snake's grenade sometimes doesn't explode on impact against a fully charged aura sphere but explodes after a jab?
Sometimes the aurasphere makes contact with snake before his grenade and disappears. Lucario's jab1 doesn't disappear when it makes contact with something so it can end up hitting both Snake and his nade.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@Pivot

1.) In this situation I just wanna add that after you D-air once and jump again to D-air again, if you're high enough and not too low into their shield bubble near grabbing range you can perform a footjump off their shield bubble and if you want you may footjump away or time another D-air out of footjump and follow-up from there.

Air-dodge onto the ground to a Utilt facing away to bring out the faster frame or Roll out maybe

2.) I enjoy gimping to the max. It is situational to gimp your opponent if they have versatile recovery but F-airs and BAS &/or FCAS are good edgeguarding even possible kills. Tether recoveries are very prone to being gimped if we stand on the stage and Extremespeed to the edge to grab invinciframes. Again Extreme-edging is risky and should not be attempted unless you can't reach the edge in time to hog it and you have confidence you wont Self Destruct when attempting

3.) Sunny went in I have nothing more to add really

4.) Again there is a lot of follow-ups in either case Dash attack is sour or sweetspotted. I'm not entirely sure I may have to confirm this or someone else reading can do so, but at very low percentages you can Ftilt to a Dash attack, and it will be sweetspotted even so you can follow this up with a pivot grab read or frame trap etc.

5.) Approaching with a SH U-air if they're about to land under you and N-air/D-air their Landing

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
5.) Approaching with a SH U-air if they're about to land under you and N-air/D-air their Landing
Eyyyy weird.
Someone I know was just showing me a video of you.

Listen to this man. He has a pretty neat Cario. <3

Especially what he said for the 5th question.
Because I totally misunderstood what you said. :3

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Thanks guys for your informtive answers. Also Sunny, your answer for #5 was helpful. I have a few more for ya'll:

1) How is FF-Nair done? Since fastfalling is done by aiming your control down, "A" would cause a D-air whenever I try.

2) Should being in the air when not attacking be avoided? Lucario is easily juggled, so I thought about that.

3) What is a nice spacing substitute for Fsmash? I use that move way too often, but I can't think of a better option for spacing and even punishing.

4) I find my aerial combos and combo starters being air dodged and my ground combo starters spot dodged. How do I prevent this?

5) Is rolling too much bad? I have a habit of rolling and following up with a grab.

6) When using Utilt, do you push the joystick thing up all the way or just tilt (as the name implies) slightly upward?

7) Is punishing landing lag with a Fsmash a legitamate strategy?

8) What move is most used to cancel landing lag?

9) What are our DI moves (I'm sure this is somewhere I'm missing, if so please link me)?

10) When should grabs (including Force Palm) be used?

Thanks again for your help. (Btw Mason, I can relate to attempting gimps and getting gimped myself by going out too far very well ._.)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Pivot (again lol)

1.) Think of doing a SH Fair+Nair combo, so you'll initiate with a SH Fair and press A before you push/lockdown on the control stick for a fast fall, so just input the A and follow it with control stick hard down

2.) Can't really give a good answer to that so i'll just say probably

3.) Ftilt is a miniature Fsmash. Dtilt has good startup and decent endlag. Spacing wise your FP flame has more poke range than your Fsmash does at early percentages just a fun fact

4.)Mix it up and try other aerial walls and ground game. Neat little trick is to approach or space away with (SH air dodge + Nair) for a fake-out or just space away and charge an AS

5.) Breaking your roll habits does you good later on, you don't want to roll behind a character like snake who can just look at you and raise da leg. Rollcario can get around with more than just a dodgeroll :joyful:

6.) Tap Jump off lets you push the control/joy stick without having to gently tilt it. Regardless i try to point the stick up without pushing hard

7.) If the Fsmash is well-placed and you wanna stutterstep/boost smash backwards or forward slightly, yessir

8.)N-air to the max, SH D-air instantly cancels your jump and you stomp the yard through the yard :pimp:

9.) Survival DI with momentum canceling between F-air or D-air. Don't remember exactly but i believe F-air frames come out faster than D-air however D-air frames end faster than F-air and D-air also cancels more momentum, U-air is weird too i've seen U-air when launched upwards but owell

10.) Examples:
Jab > FP/grab
Jab Jab > FP / running grab (running grab is more safe to land)
Softspot Dash attack > turnaround FP / turnaround grab
grabbing someone fast falling right into you
Early FP CG if you have inviciframes from dying
SH combos and you want to float behind your opponent and perform a FP grab as your landing

^ ^ ^ Just some examples of what you can make use of lucario grabs ^ ^ ^

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Thanks guys for your informtive answers. Also Sunny, your answer for #5 was helpful. I have a few more for ya'll:
1) Read Masonmance's Post

2) You have the wrong mindset. Many non top-tier characters actually can start a juggle,but can't follow up because of our flotiness, frame 4 dair, and momentum shift options using nuetral B and side-B.

Supplemental Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvc2HV1oAFE

Just look at how trela creates pressure using WELL SPACED aerials against Nairo. Sometimes Nairo see past them and just waits to attack, but avoiding every little shouldn't be your goal. The goal should be minimizing the damage you take while taking stocks off your opponent. I don't believe in taking unnecessary damage, but if you aren't out of the blast zone you can still fight. Right?

3) Ftilt is really your best alternative in situations where fsmash would be appropriate. I'm not really sure what poke range is Masonmance. If you could expand that would be great. Dtilt can be a substitute, but it isn't the most effective tool in most situations. The hit box and frame data is better if other situations. It can be a nice mix-up up option.

4) Practice and watch videos. I don't like set responses to this because it creates robotic like game play which is predictable. Now a lot of people say mix it up ,but what does that mean?

So if you have a strong hunch that your opponent is going to spot dodge then just wait and a grab. The timing takes a bit of practice. If you didn't know there are a few frames that after a spot dodge your opponent no longer has invisibility, but can't move.

5) I'm going to get tell you the truth accept or leave it. If you accept it you can only improve.

There is no such thing as rolling too much. The only thing bad is rolling predictably. Rolling is only a TOOL. Lucario's role very good mechanically speaking, but using it predictably is bad because it goes a set distance everytime and had the same cool down frames everytime time you use it.

If you want to learn how to improve and use rolling properly I recommend watch high level ZSS and lucario games. A lot of the tricks the ZSS uses works with lucario. An example is hit shield with Jab>roll > jab> roll> grab/jab combo. You can mix up this string and you will find your opponent will often do something stupid and reveals their spot dodge or shield habits. Wore case scenario is that you get his a bit and you now know what won't work or that you need to mix it up even more.

6) I play with tab jump off, so it doesn't matter. If you have tap jump on then you have to use a slight tilt to get the uptilt.

7) Yes it is. The timing is a bit difficult and fsmash isn't always the best option, because it doesn't allow for follow-up. Grabbing then downthrow is really good. this move allows you to follow-up and at least put pressure on to your opponent. Also Aurashpere is good if you opponent is air dodging into the stage. Ftilit is easier to hit with since it lingers on for awhile and it is fast.

8) Read Masonmance's Post

9) Read Masonmance's Post

10)Video supplement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bVk5-4--0

CT ZeRo has posted an excellent guide. I recommend you watch it and some of his other videos. This video explains a lot.

I hope this helps. I know it is a lot to read, but I tried to be thorough with my answers. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Thanks for the answers. Looks like both of you use tap jump off. I'm currently trying to get used to it on since I hear it helps with SH (which I am awful at), but in the meantime I guess I'll have a few issues with Utilt. As for videos, I have around 13 GB of pure 'Cario (so I can watch them offline). Probably 11/13 GB of that I don't watch closely though =/. Got a few more questions today after some matches (most of my experimentation is against a Pit).

1) If I miss the SH Fair, the Nair usually ends up missing too. What is a safe way to get out of this situation, or a way to make use of it?

2) When I try and guard the ledge, it seems gravity always gets the best of me. For example: I hit Pit away, and go for a single jump to use a Bair or Nair and hit him even further off the stage. He's usually too high for a single jump to work, so I double and go for the Bair/Nair/Dair. His Fair usually out ranges my attack. If not, he'll air dodge. Since I'm on my second jump (which is necessary to hit him when he has wings), all he has to do after the air dodge is grab the ledge and if I'm too far, I'm gimped. Should I just not be so aggressive in edge guarding and wait for him to get closer?

3) Lots of the time when I'm being juggled I like to stay above their character (rather high above) to bait the Utilt/Usmash, then I FF Dair. If they jump and go for a Uair, usually my Dair out-ranges it. I've watched many videos and have never seen this done. This is my main way to escape juggling though. If I try and air dodge and land, he'll simply walk over and punish the landing (he's much faster since I'm so floaty). What's another way to escape juggling (I know it involves unpredictability, but that's hard for me when gravity isn't on my side)?

4) Why is rolling so rarely used in replace of the shield? It's more reliable since it voids grabs, and it leaves you to your opponent's back if they're not predicting it.

5) Should Lucario ever take a running approach? He's rather slow, so I'm not sure if I should go for running approaches or just wait and punish.

Also guys, I read all of your answers (multiple times). If I don't regard them it just means your answer was very thorough =P. Just wanted to make sure you know I'm not a bot xD.

elrelster

Smash Cadet
Pivot, do you have any recording equipment or recorded matches online? I feel like something that would greatly help you is getting one of these pros here to critique a vid of your gameplay, cuz these technical questions you have would be greatly supplemented in this way.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Questions 1-3 really need a video for me to answer them accurately. I'm going to restrian from answering them I don't want any miscommunication and cause you to believe something you shouldn't.

4) You MUST get into the mindset that rolling is only a tool. Different tools are for different things. Lets take a Wrench and a hammer. You can use a wrench as a hammer if you absolutely have to,but the hammer will get the job done more effectively.

Lets look a an example. You are lucario and you fair a DDD's shield. Why would he even want to roll? He could just grab. That grab leads to a chain grab. Then once you are off stage you are in an extremely venerable position. If he would have roll then he would have only shifted his positions.

Video supplement:
http://youtu.be/vOPnX9WtsP4?t=1m10s
~1:12 how M2K punishes dair with OOS Nair. That isn't possible if you roll.

Another example, that benefits lucario, is shielding nado. If you roll against nado then MK can just move left or right and hit you. If shield then he is forced to retreat. Which resets the situation. Against a lot of mid-level metaknights they often mis-space their retreat attempt allowing us to get a punish or at least put pressure on the MK.

Another use for shield is for approaching. I know I showed you that video where CT ZeRo was explaining why grabs works. Well the logic can apply to shield. If you are sure that your opponent will attack your shield then you should run up and shield at them. They will most likely chose their fastest option which in many cases is a jab. In many situations if someone jabs your shield that translates in to a free grab.

It really comes down to knowing the basic cycle of options.

Spot dodge> grabbing
Grab>shielding
Shielding>Attacks
Waiting+attack/grab>spot dodging.
Rolling> attack(This is more situational though and creates a deeper level of complexity)

The possibility really go on and on. I could go into every move.

5) A running approach is just an option. It purely depends on the situation. You have to run to get a pivot grab right? If you opponent get smashed to the other side of the stage why wouldn't you run to approach them?

You mean wait and punishing. That is very smart, but you have to have consider what is my opponent likely to do and what is his best option. Ideally you have an option that covers both of these scenarios. Another factor is characters. Vs. characters like fox lucario kinda has to wait and a bait. It sounds like your main training part is a pit. I find that you constantly have to shift between being proactive and passive.

Hope that helps. Once again it is kinda long. What region do you live in? You should defiantly try to go out to tournaments and sit down with some of the top players and get advice.

Do you actively go to tournament?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I have a question for everyone.

Does anyone know if after you wall cling using up-B(or in general) are we forces to stay their for a certain amount of frames? Or are we free to release from the wall on the next available frame?

Even if you don't know the answer if you could point me to someone that would know that would be very beneficial.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
To *attempt* to answer your question: In my experience, the game would allow me to move freely from the wall after it simply finished the animation of the clinging itself. If there were any frames between the clung position and the releasing command, they must have been minute since they made no difference. Hopefully someone with actual values can pitch into this one.

4-b) I get that in situations where rolling wouldn't be necessary shielding should be used, but during gameplay you may need to choose the safest option since you're not sure they're going to Fair your shield, or grab it.

Since Shielding > Attacking; and Rolling > Attacking, but Shielding < Grab; then rolling would have to be the safest approach. In hindsight to one's match, they could say "oh, I could have just shielded there", but at the time they didn't know their opponents move so they went with the most versatile approach.

To bring your analogy into it: Imagine that you're not sure if something is a nut or a nail, and you're not sure if it needs to be hammered in or wrenched out. You'd go with the wrench, since it can do both jobs. Even if it turns out to be a nail to be hammered, you at least can get the job done.

1) Or is there a way to become so attuned to predicting the opponents movements that one can assume with confidence that the opponent will attack (requiring a shield) or will grab (requiring a roll or spot dodge)? If in the analogy, I guess M2K would equate to a mechanic. Which brings me to the question, why roll when you can spot-dodge? They're essentially the same thing, right? In what situation is a roll used over spot-dodge and vice versa?

5-b) A running approach as in, starting off an attack from one (as opposed to following up an attack). It seems dangerous and very situational, so would it be a reliable approach in general, or just for specific instances?

I live in Louisiana (not far from you then). Sadly I've been to just one tournament, and that was sub-competitive play anyway so it hardly counts. I think Lee Martin is the best Lucario here, but I'm not experienced on who is and isn't in this area.

Thanks again for your help.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Great you are questioning my logic!!!! This shows that you really want to get the information and you are actively thinking.

4) Well spot dodging and rolling are no where near the same thing. They share a similar(but not equal) purpose of allowing to avoid attacks given the right conditions.

I orginally thought about going deep into frame data, but I feel that will just be getting too technical.

Just think about it for awhile. If we were playing the lucario ditto and you uptiltied me why would I want to roll behind you? I could just stay in the same place and spot dodge. As soon as my spot dodge completes I can grab you on frame 6. If I were to roll I would have to wait a tad bit longer for me to execute my next move not to mention the added frames that would be added for me to walk up to you and execute the same grab option( this is assuming that the roll wasn't perfectly spaced which it most likely won't be if you are reacting).

Both options need to be mixed up. If you always roll then you opponent will just start getting hard punishes out of rolls. Same goes with spot dodges. A good opponent will just start waiting and grab or hit you out of spot dodges.

I'm not sure if you heard of this but top level competitive play in many competitive video games(and probably other stuff to) is pretty much rock/paper/scissors. Your right option is based upon what you think your opponent does. So you have to condition/predict your opponent, so you can get the most effective results. So there will be an endless loop of what ifs going on in your mind when you think about the cycle of options.

As for getting better at this prediction/conditioning process that is what I am working on now.

5) Running approaches are situational. Everything is situational. Every move has a time and a place. Vs. Marth you must know exactly when you can run and fair or else you will get hit. Vs. A character like Bowser or CF well spaced fair(even on shield) is not going to get you punished that much. So smart use of that knowledge will lead you to playing the MU's differently.

Louisiana is a very active region. You shouldn't have a problem finding an event to go to. Nothing beats experience. It is nice to see activity on the lucario boards, but until you actually solidify these ideas by playing a variety of player in friendlies and/or tournament it is just words on a page. You are also in a very fortunate position to have lee martin. I know he doesn't play lucario any more, but I know he could help you with the MK MU. This is an difficult matchup for lucario. I am working on it myself. I live in GA and out scene has defiantly seen better times(i'll leave it at that).

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@hichez50

About the poke range comment i said, i probably meant to say hitbox range. Basically FP flame at low % has a longer hitbox than Fsmash which is interesting (also it can trip the opponent at the tip of the flame)

Great work on answering Pivots questions i have no need to go over any of them including his first three questions purely on video critique for better answering.
For your question also, I feel i'll get it wrong somehow but i'll try. Example will be YI's ; Clinging to a wall, once you cling you can release immediately by holding the control stick against the wall you're clinging to pressing X to perform a backwards jump flip. This is the fastest way we release from our cling. The speed comparison is like that to our Jab or Grab starting on frame 6

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Ahh thanks for the clarification. The flame has a 15% trip rate no matter where you hit your opponent at.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The flame has a 15% trip rate no matter where you hit your opponent at.
O: i didn't know that awesome thanks

Another question: "Can someone explain this phenomenon to me?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqU26qwIkbY
(forgive the terrible quality i recorded with my phone)I did it almost 2 weeks ago and I'm so confused but i have an idea but not sure exactly.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
So I have confirmation that your teleportation was due because of the slope. And it only works with reverse DT:)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Yeah...Frigate has one funky slope to make Lucario's Reverse DT blink us right on the ledge of the stage. Nonetheless we can use this to teleport away from traps/danger :D ... however it only occurs on that side of frigate =(

Joke question: If we can use Teleport and Double Team, "can we learn Flail?" It could really help our poke meta game :D:D:D:D:D

Serious question: Basically in SSBB, Type effectiveness exists but it only affects Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. "What would lucario be weak against if he was included in type effectiveness?"

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Whaaat?
Cmon now, that's just silly~

But he'd probably have the worst elemental weaknesses in this game if he was included. Lucario has a weakness to fire type moves, and also a weakness to fighting type ones as well. If fighting type moves were classified as anything that's a punch or a kick he'd be consistently taking extra damage from dang near every MU.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If fighting type moves were classified as anything that's a punch or a kick he'd be consistently taking extra damage from dang near every MU.
not extra damage just 10% more knockback =P but regardless that's funny. DK Punch O_O, another question for the road.

"Does anyone bother to bend the rules a bit and purposely start with a % increase? ; Is this even legal in locals/nationals?"

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Hmmm. That's an interesting idea. That would probably benefit us negatively, though. You're going to reach that high % one way or another, and you might as well do it while going for some damage. Unless you fear gimps (like in a MK matchup), in which case it would be advantageous.

Thanks Hichez. I'll look into tourneys. Also will try and get the necessary equipment to record matches.

Top Bottom