• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
oooh, thats a good one. i'm bad at those though, lol. I can never get the OoS retreating Fair in game and its the only follow-up I like.

Plataea

Smash Rookie
It seems that Lucario's fair and bair miss short characters when performed out of a short hop. They hit kind of high on his body and his short hop is high. What do you do about this? How can you approach a short character like Pikachu when fair/bair goes right over their head?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Dair isn't a bad mix-up option. Also you can Reverse fair then land behind their shields then grab. Also recently I. got a tip about approaching with shield. A majority of the time your opponent will do something silly and it is a free punish, usauly a grab.

Also vs. pika we really shouldn't nor need to fish for the approach that hard. A well spaced ftilt will pressure pika.
:phone:

LucarioMaster

Smash Apprentice
Hello I went to a tournament this week end, and lose vs Leon in the Pool (Marth vs Lucario). Then I lose to a G&W player in the loser bracket. I find the MU a bit hard, so does anyone can give me advices for this MU ? There will be an other tourney soon, so it would be great to have some advices asap because i want be in the top 10 (Lucario mainer top10 in france would be amazing !)

Bracket image : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2012/48/1354037408-tiopronewevent.png

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I believe vs. marth lucario suffers from a 1 diemensional MU. Lucario certainty has the tools to beAt marth while on stage, but those become stale really quickly. It could just be my playstyle, but recently when I play a semi decent marth I wreck game one. By game 2 it is a toss up. If the game goes to game 3 I'm the one getting wrecked. I find that a lot of lucario's mix-up potential comes from aerial gameplay. When you have a character who seemingly perfectly counters lucario's aerial approach you are left with sub-par tatics.

I only ever get to play one GAW player. I think the MU is in GAWs favor just because he generally has faster options and kills lucario quite early. I win by just using fundamental spacing techniques and minimizing risk.(I.e never rolling or air dodging into him.) Hope this helps.

:phone:

Steam

Smash Hero
you can easily beat marth if you bait him into being overaggressive and catch him on landings. if he's super patient though... it's a really tedious matchup... and annoying.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
you can easily beat marth if you bait him into being overaggressive and catch him on landings. if he's super patient though... it's a really tedious matchup... and annoying.
Yeah! On the money. I remeber one of the times I lost to a marth it was because of coaching. All the coach said was to wait until I did something and it turned it totally reversed the situations. It is pretty lame fighting marth's that know the MU.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Can't you just stuff most of G&W's ground game with tilts?
Not at low %s. You'll get easily outpriotized by smashes 'n such.

G&W's DTilt isn't too bad, its a good GTFO move against shielders. His invincibility frames out of his Up B get annoying too. If you can space FSmash consistently well, however... A ground based G&W is a dead G&W.

Ftilt can be good for poking, but our tilts are a tad on the slow side or have a bit of endlag to them... Watch out for G&W's DSmash if you are using FTilt a lot. Just don't over rely on one move y'know (unless if it is Aura Sphere vs. his turtle).

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
hi, I need to know details regarding B-reverse mixups. I have become relatively proficient with a b-reversal where I jump in one direction and b reverse changing my momentum and the direction my character is facing. However, I have no idea how to change momentum (wave bounce) with b reversal WITHOUT changing the direction in which I am facing. Is there a thread or an article that explains this in detail?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Are there any threads on the Anubis strategy? I'm teaming w/ a Lucario @ Apex, and I want to know more about it, so we can do work :)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Are there any threads on the Anubis strategy? I'm teaming w/ a Lucario @ Apex, and I want to know more about it, so we can do work :)
Not one that I know of. But if you want to do some practice with teaming with a lucario I'll help you at the next GA event.

Really you just stock tank and play support. Maybe focus more on stock tanking you really just need to make sure that lucario doesn't take a stupid amount of damage or get kill in the 2v1. Plus Rayku will probably tell you everything you need to know. Your play style will fit nicely since you are very aware of your defensive options and typically only go for safe offensive options.

I don't know much about good pit stages but you are going to need stages that allows lucario to easily keep control and where you can sit back and provide optimal support. Personally the only thing i'm worried about is you going over the ledge grab limit, because at GT gamefest you went over it and the game didn't really get that campy until the last stock.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
I actually played a Kirby in tournament today. He struggled much more when I CP'd him to Lylat. I barely beat him on the first game on FD, then I lost on SV, then won Lylat. I figured he wouldn't be able to attack me as easily while I camped under the middle platform and it worked out pretty well.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
You might have better luck asking the kirby boards. I haven't really played any good kirby players. I would stay away from PS1 as that stage encourages camping. Also PS1 has the weird lucario upthrow stage spike. You can tech it, but you have to know the timing and actually react the right time. Maybe BF? As long as you aren't getting pressured to land on platforms with kirby's BAIR I'm pretty sure the platforms are in our favor. What can kirby really do? All of our moves out prioritize his.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Also PS1 has the weird lucario upthrow stage spike. .
Threat of the u-throw stage spike should by abysmal at best. There is like little to no chance you will ever be put in that situation.

But yes.
PS1 bad.

The various obstacles and walls favor kirby heavily. I honestly just prefer to take kirby to one of the starters.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
It's just another movement option out of aura sphere charge is all so your not limited to only shielding or rolling. More options are always nice.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
CG Grab Pummel release.

If a Lucas is reckless with fanciness you may find it easy to hit him with a UAir out of a PK Fire to PK Magnet glide thingy when he's Zap jumping to recover.

Know how to quickly SDI out and away out of Ness' PK Fire.

Don't get too trigger happy against trying to punish Ness' FAir on shield.

Those Mother boys sure have a lot of tricksies though... Your best bet is practicing against an experienced Ness/Lucas mainer.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
With Lucas, we outspace him badly. If he gets in, just roll out of there and reset. Our ftilt stuffs his nair approach and you can easily powershield his PK Fire. Never use baby aura spheres unless you want to somehow drag out the match.

If you do get caught in his nair, just hold up. DI-ing up is usually the best way to get out of Lucas's strings and avoiding the dair spike. Think of it this way, Lucas has to work in order to get a kill on us, play safe and defensive and it should fall into place.

Ness...ask someone else.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Anybody know how many frames between landing during ASC and being able to roll/shield? I wanna say it's instant but I'm not sure.

LucarioMaster

Smash Apprentice
BAir stop the Fair spacing of Marth , don't forget.
Aurasphere and Fsmash are impressive in this Match Up.

Steam

Smash Hero
throw aura spheres. bait him into landing by trying to space fair, pivot fsmash beats it.

throw aura spheres. get naked.

throw aura spheres.

ubuntuhenschel

Smash Rookie
Quick question to all you more advanced Carios.
I really only use Lucario and I have no trouble beating any other character regardless of who is using them.

However, my brother has gotten annoyingly good with Lucas and so far, he is the only one I have trouble with! Any advice on this? I have no issue with Ness or any other more ranged character, it's only Lucas!!

Thanks in advance!
~Ubuntu

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I have been having trouble lately on edgeguarding and need some tips. Also is it safe to DAir someone hanging from a ledge?

edit: I found out that it's better to fsmash a hanging opponent because of that long lasting hotbox and it's long range. Anything else that I could use?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Dair can be good to use but the timing is strict due to the invincibility frames when hanging on the ledge so it can be hard to land. A fully charged Aura sphere can work, same with running off the stage the spiking with Bair.

Another good trick (this helps me out a lot) If you can get a good read and time it right you can UpB to the stage ledge and tilt down when you get to the ledge (Be standing on the stage when you do this). You can practice this in training and on a Marth CPU since I find Marth the easiest to do this on.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I wouldn't recommend going for extremehog unless you're 100% certain it will work. If you mess up you're going to lose a stock, personally I'd rather see them back on stage than sd.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Thanks I've tried the FCAS, but not the Bair off the stage I'll practice using that.

And as for the extremehog I've always been iffy about it fearing that they might get the ledge first, but I do use it when someone just spawns. That being said I'll still try it reguardless since if it's working for you, it might work for me.

Next question: Is it a good idea to recover from above or below the stage? (I give elrelster full credit for asking this question in the Lucario Metagame Disscussion thread) My opinion about it was to recover from above, but landing tended to be an issue and recovering from below would be a hassle vs characters like :marth: :metaknight: etc.. Any suggestions?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I wouldn't recommend going for extremehog unless you're 100% certain it will work. If you mess up you're going to lose a stock, personally I'd rather see them back on stage than sd.
I only use it if its 100% chance it will work :w

@ JesusandFreinds: I find it more comfortable to recover from above the stage, but if I'm on a stage with wall clinging options then sometimes wall clinging can be used to throw off or you know they will go to edgehog you.

LucarioMaster

Smash Apprentice
Bside can also be an option to push your opponent if you do not have time to get back to Bair, especially vs Marth.

Top Bottom