• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

iRJi

Smash Champion
When I play toon link all they do is stay at a 45 degree angle and throw bombs and its boomerang and it's really annoying. Can someone help me?
Perfect shield them. Grab the bombs. Practice it =].

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
(Me posting late about side b)->Anyone heavy can be chained and I recently learned a lot of weaker players can't mash fast enough to get out of it....but side-b always gets me into all kinds of ridiculous trouble so I don't really use it (usually when it's supposed to be a b-reversed aurasphere).

Against TL, just survive and the matchup goes to like 100-0. You can literally hit him with five moves and get the KO (it's like being snake for a little while).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
What do we call it then? (And lsiten to Phil, the people who can break out usually won't until you've given them enough time to react.)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Like I said, FP once or twice plus a grab -> dthrow/bthrow (preferably dthrow since it gives you a little more follow up) will still get you some decent damage.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sadly, there isn't one move that gets Pikmin off guaranteed. I've had instances where nair or utilt didn't get a Pikmin off. I wish Lucario's nair was like Diddy's. :(

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Wouldn't uair work if you really needed a surefire move, since his whole body is a hitbox?

Meh, it's not that big a deal anyway, it's pretty rare for nair to not clear them out, and it's not too hard to keep them from getting on to begin with, fair is practically tailor-made for pikmin swatting lol.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Wouldn't uair work if you really needed a surefire move, since his whole body is a hitbox?

Meh, it's not that big a deal anyway, it's pretty rare for nair to not clear them out, and it's not too hard to keep them from getting on to begin with, fair is practically tailor-made for pikmin swatting lol.
Yes it would, but it has the issue of landing lag and overall being slower to use than Nair, I guess.

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
How can I post videos on the computer?? Do I need some kind of format?? Because my SD card won't seem to get them for some reason.

EDIT: Whoops... Clicked a link from a forum and I thought you asked general questions here. Sorry.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You need to record them with either a capture card or gamebridge. The most common capture card used is dazzle, but you can find other stuff too. Check ebay, amazon, etc. for low prices. I bought my dazzle for about $50 when it was on sale.

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
I've heard the Lucario boards had interviewed a pro a while back. Can someone link me to that thread ?

Suikami

Smash Rookie
Forgive me if this question is idiotic, or just too obvious to answer...

Anyway, recently, as I've returned to brawling, I've been told that my Lucario plays 'too defensively'. Whether it's a simple issue that's easy to resolve, I don't know. What I do know, is that I'd like an answer which gives me a way/method of picking up the offensive aspect.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Most characters in Brawl play better defensively.

I'd probably suggest learning to use fair and all the options you have when approaching, if you want a handle on offensive measures.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Forgive me if this question is idiotic, or just too obvious to answer...

Anyway, recently, as I've returned to brawling, I've been told that my Lucario plays 'too defensively'. Whether it's a simple issue that's easy to resolve, I don't know. What I do know, is that I'd like an answer which gives me a way/method of picking up the offensive aspect.
That just means you're doing a good job. =D

If all else fails, work more fair into your game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Okay, my question, aside from still looking for Lucarios with some Pit experience so I can get the matchup done, it's about the Aura.
I'm aware that Lucario gets stronger as he takes more damage, but that's the thing. At what percents does Lucario really get stronger? I've been curious not only because I need the info for the matchup, but when testing in training mode, when Lucario is at 29%, a grabbed Force Palm does 9 damage, but when he's at 30%, it does 10 damage (All attacks in training mode at completely fresh).

Could anyone give me a bit of an accurate chart or list (whatever you wanna call it) on what percents Lucario's Aura makes him stronger? I'd apprciate this.

Browny

Smash Hater
attacks scale from 1-2x stronger at a linear rate from 25-170%, so an uncharged dsmash at 24% does 10 damage while at 170% it does 20. At the half way point (about 87%) it will do 15%. The damage is calculated to decimal points and rounds up or down

therefore it is likely that the force palm grab has a base damage of around 9.25% such that at 29% it will do 9.48% rounded down to 9 (the game will still total the damage the enemy takes in decimal points but you cant see it anyway, training makes this harder to notice) and at 30% it will do 9.54% rounded up to 10.

Top Bottom