• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
about the SFX, theres no need for importing it to the red alloy, just need to repoint to the AT sounds using PSA
Can you please explain to me how I can do this? I could at least route some of his things to Warios sound effects for the time being.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
^^Yeah, thats what I was trying to get at. I thought this was possible...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Awesome. Waluigi's actual SEs will actually make it seem more real.

Can you show a video of the "screwed up" crotch chop animation?

EDIT: Also, can I have the BRSTM of the song you use on the Delfino Plaze stage, plz? It seems to fit Waluigi for some reason IMO...

Revven

FrankerZ
Can you please explain to me how I can do this? I could at least route some of his things to Warios sound effects for the time being.
I can partially explain this to you, but, I do not know how you would go about getting the SFX numbers from Waluigi's AT form. Anyway, here's what the idea is here in PSA:

There's two SFX areas, you know how in most moves in other character's .PAC files there's "Low SFX: ###"? Well, that's generally one of two things, their voice they make when they do the move, or the move's SFX itself. Typically, the placement of the script for the SFX will tell you what it is but, it's wise to test what they are by deleting them and then trying the move in-game. How you would change those SFXs to Waluigi's would be to get the numbers used for Waluigi's AT and basically put in the #s for it in those SFX scripts in the .PAC for the moves you want them to be played for.

Easy, right? Yes. Well, the second area for SFX is the actual HITBOX SFX when the move actually hits a person. This is under the flags of the hitbox(es), I'm pretty sure it's the third from the last of the digits. AFAIK, the flags are in hex so you need to know the SFX # in hex to do this, they are two digits of course.

I'm sure someone can supply you with what each digit of the hitbox flags do. Anyway, there you would change the digits according to what you found from Waluigi's AT SFX. (I recommend talking to Kirk about this as he was able to get Captain Falcon to say "YES!" when the sweetspot of his knee hits someone).

In other words, it amounts to finding his SFX numbers and replacing the ones the Alloys use by typing in his numbers instead. Should work fine.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I can partially explain this to you, but, I do not know how you would go about getting the SFX numbers from Waluigi's AT form. Anyway, here's what the idea is here in PSA:

There's two SFX areas, you know how in most moves in other character's .PAC files there's "Low SFX: ###"? Well, that's generally one of two things, their voice they make when they do the move, or the move's SFX itself. Typically, the placement of the script for the SFX will tell you what it is but, it's wise to test what they are by deleting them and then trying the move in-game. How you would change those SFXs to Waluigi's would be to get the numbers used for Waluigi's AT and basically put in the #s for it in those SFX scripts in the .PAC for the moves you want them to be played for.

Easy, right? Yes. Well, the second area for SFX is the actual HITBOX SFX when the move actually hits a person. This is under the flags of the hitbox(es), I'm pretty sure it's the third from the last of the digits. AFAIK, the flags are in hex so you need to know the SFX # in hex to do this, they are two digits of course.

I'm sure someone can supply you with what each digit of the hitbox flags do. Anyway, there you would change the digits according to what you found from Waluigi's AT SFX. (I recommend talking to Kirk about this as he was able to get Captain Falcon to say "YES!" when the sweetspot of his knee hits someone).

In other words, it amounts to finding his SFX numbers and replacing the ones the Alloys use by typing in his numbers instead. Should work fine.
How would I be able to access a sound effect from like Wario on Waluigi, if it's possible at all. I wasn't sure if all SEs were accessible by everyone or only the given character can call it.

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure you just put in the appropriate SFX number with the function.

To put it another way, ever try using a hack made by someone who uses the PAL version? They give off the wrong sound effects since the numbers map to some other effects instead. There's a Snake hack around made by a PAL user that gives off the announcer's voice clips when used in NTSC.

Here's a download link to that Snake hack: (Credit to whoever made it of course!)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3tjzimz2zz3

EDIT: Err, to word it better, effects should be accessible by everyone.

Revven

FrankerZ
How would I be able to access a sound effect from like Wario on Waluigi, if it's possible at all. I wasn't sure if all SEs were accessible by everyone or only the given character can call it.
Like I said, I have NO idea how you'd get Waluigi's SFXs. But, Wario's could be accessed by going into PSA and opening his .PAC file and looking at each move of his individually and looking for the scripts that control SFXs and take the numbers you want from those and put them into the Waluigi PAC you have.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Got it, I was under the impression that characters could only access their own sound effects. In that case I'll add some sounds to v0.05 when its released next week. Warios laugh over Laugh it Off for one thing is deserved. Uhhhhhggg we need sound effect hacks asap lol

PND

Smash Champion
Pretty sure you just put in the appropriate SFX number with the function.

To put it another way, ever try using a hack made by someone who uses the PAL version? They give off the wrong sound effects since the numbers map to some other effects instead. There's a Snake hack around made by a PAL user that gives off the announcer's voice clips when used in NTSC.

Here's a download link to that Snake hack: (Credit to whoever made it of course!)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3tjzimz2zz3

EDIT: Err, to word it better, effects should be accessible by everyone.
Normally I keep my posts in this thread Waluigi related, but just gave me the greatest idea for a character ever. . . The Announcer.

Texture hack a Red Alloy to be a Wireframe or something, give him the most epic moves possible (Falcon Punch, Knee, Ganon Dair, Etc) and make every move call upon a different announcer or crowd sound effect. That would be. . . awesome.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Like I said, I have NO idea how you'd get Waluigi's SFXs. But, Wario's could be accessed by going into PSA and opening his .PAC file and looking at each move of his individually and looking for the scripts that control SFXs and take the numbers you want from those and put them into the Waluigi PAC you have.
Unfortunately just taking the numbers of the sound effects from Wario's .pac will not work. They will only play if Wario is loaded into the match.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
What will the announcer say when cheering for Waluigi?

I like:

WA LU I GI NYA HA HA HA *Repeats*

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
How you would change those SFXs to Waluigi's would be to get the numbers used for Waluigi's AT and basically put in the #s for it in those SFX scripts in the .PAC for the moves you want them to be played for.
So we can make characters load other character's sound effects, then? Could you elaborate / provide an example / link me for swapping SFX between existing (non-AT) characters?

PND

Smash Champion
Whoa, weird. I was playing a ton of Waluigi today (v0.4) and everything was normal. It was awesome, I was playing against a ton of different characters on a ton of different stages -- I faced my brother's Zero Link and when to Laugh off a Mega Buster shot. . . and T posed. "Okay" I thought, and probably said aloud with disregard to others around me "Why is this happening?" I tried to Laugh it Off again -- and T posed again.

Here's where things get weird: My moveset reverted back to Red Alloy's. My fair was the Knee, my uair was the flip. . . it was really strange. I quit the match and started it up on another stage, same character -- same issue. I started a match against a different character -- same problem. The next match I tried the game froze, and now he's working again.

Huh.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Current issues:

Pivot Laughing locked up the Wii.
WalkSlow sends Wa into the ground, as does slamming into a wall.
His roll is messed up (when getting up).
He also needs major damage buffs.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there just seems to be a lot of problems with model swapping and such like this in general. i havnt experienced pnd's problem, nor have I seen half of linkshot's problem.

iv never ever seen waluigi tpose for me in the game
i have no problem with pivot laughing
walk slow doesnt push me into the ground

as for balance like link mentioned, i changed some things for v0.04 which is out. afaik as offense goes, waluigi is rly quite strong. his aerials combo (literally in vBrawl they do lol) and a lot of his moves are strong. his fsmash kills extremely early, and his off stage edeguarding is supreme with 2 really high double jumps.

i have a match i played today against someone that went awesome that il upload soonish

edit: i kno what happened to u pnd, ur sd card musta come loose or something. that way it stopped reading the custom motion file probably for a bit. the animation for LiO is a custom one that red alloy doesnt have (no char does, i gave the animation a unique name) and thats why his other attacks reverted.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
edit: i kno what happened to u pnd, ur sd card musta come loose or something. that way it stopped reading the custom motion file probably for a bit. the animation for LiO is a custom one that red alloy doesnt have (no char does, i gave the animation a unique name) and thats why his other attacks reverted.
I don't know if this case is somehow different, but I take the SD card out mid-match quite often and I've never noticed any difference to anything. In fact, if you don't select a different character from the selection screen and no one selections the one your still on, you can continue to use a texture and/or PSA in new matches even after the SD card has been removed.

Nintens

Smash Rookie
Do you have all of the files? You should have FitZakoBoy.pac, FitZakoBoy00.pcs, FitZakoBoy00.pac, and FitZakoBoyMotionEtc. I've had no trouble with it. (Besides the random freezing on the SSS.)

Zebia

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been answered in the thread already, but does anything weird happen if Kirby swallows Waluigi? Or nothing in particular (Kirby just spits him out and doesn't get a power, like with the alloys).

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
ChiboSempai, quick question:

Have you gotten any of Waluigi's voice clips put into his attacks?
If so could I have the PSA hex code for at least 2 of them?

thanks.

Nintens

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been answered in the thread already, but does anything weird happen if Kirby swallows Waluigi? Or nothing in particular (Kirby just spits him out and doesn't get a power, like with the alloys).
Nothing happens because it's over an alloy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna try and get it out next week before Christmas. I have a couple nice things that will be included in this set.

blizako

Smash Rookie
hey whats the code in .txt format of red , yellow, blue and green alloys and all the other main, withshoek and zerosuit samus.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea I'll have it ready before xmas most def. I'm already putting a lot of it together now. The new bair is awesome btw.

Top Bottom