• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Eh, aren't those events defined in PSA?

It's 1F080100 to generate an item, with 3C as the item code for the Soccer Ball, then use 1F020000 to make him drop it.

But seriously... why does everyone have to give Waluigi sports-based moves? Just because he's only showed up in sports and party games doesn't mean you have to rub it in his face. He's already got 4 unique character specialties that have nothing to do with sports...

Creating purple vines
Tornado spin
Swimming through the air
An affinity for bombs

So why does everyone feel the need to give him a sports-based moveset? :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Maybe because I'm trying to think of a temp special that doesn't require a lot of animation editing, nor the use of a holdable item. I'm trying to work on a Super Waluigi Jump and I would have liked a special to take out a (balanced) bobomb, but he cant hold items. Soccer balls require no holding and practically no big animation changes.

The generate item and drop wont work because a soccer ball is not grabbable.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Maybe because I'm trying to think of a temp special that doesn't require a lot of animation editing, nor the use of a holdable item. I'm trying to work on a Super Waluigi Jump and I would have liked a special to take out a (balanced) bobomb, but he cant hold items. Soccer balls require no holding and practically no big animation changes.

Maybe you can give him Super Waluigi Jump as a Zair, since it sounds like a recovery move. I now you disabled grabs...but shouldn't you be able to do this even with grabs disabled?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
generate item should just spawn the item, but have him pick it up. you can try that with the soccer ball and see what you get.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I like the tennis ball idea though it's impossible until we get specials working. It will require way too many subactions that Waluigi doesn't have access to.

Atm I'm trying to find some way I can have him spawn a soccer ball but I can't find a way at all.
Spawning a soccer ball is going to me more OP than a bomb-omb.
When you said it was impossible, you weren't quite clear about what, exactly, is impossible. Is it possible to spawn an item with a predetermined speed as though it had already been thrown?

Just because he's only showed up in sports and party games doesn't mean you have to rub it in his face. He's already got 4 unique character specialties that have nothing to do with sports...

Creating purple vines
Tornado spin
Swimming through the air
An affinity for bombs
Creating purple vines - Over B? I've never seen the vines before, so I don't know what they do or look like.

Tornado spin - Down B(only if he spins on his head or something to make it different from luigi- come to think of it, I kind of like that).

Swimming through the air - Up B. Possibly his air dodge, as well.

An affinity for bombs - Down B? I think it would be better fitted to a final smash, myself.

Also, I personally think that Waluigi wielding his tennis racket makes him feel very unique- like a sword character, without a sword. I really hope it stays a major focus of his move-set.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
note, you can spawn the item, and have his animation slowed down so that once it spawns he then does an attack (and/or generate a hitbox where it spawns) so that the ball flys out at the speed/power you want.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Eh, aren't those events defined in PSA?

It's 1F080100 to generate an item, with 3C as the item code for the Soccer Ball, then use 1F020000 to make him drop it.

But seriously... why does everyone have to give Waluigi sports-based moves? Just because he's only showed up in sports and party games doesn't mean you have to rub it in his face. He's already got 4 unique character specialties that have nothing to do with sports...

Creating purple vines
Tornado spin
Swimming through the air
An affinity for bombs

So why does everyone feel the need to give him a sports-based moveset? :(
dont forget his Spring Shoes from
Super Mario 64 DS

marter

Smash Apprentice
Why even mess with Bob-ombs, wouldn't Link's Bombs be less overpowered?

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Why even mess with Bob-ombs, wouldn't Link's Bombs be less overpowered?
Wouldn't Links bomb's be Link's bombs?

Now, if you could give them a Bomb-omb model and create a unique style of attacking with them, then they could be perfect for Waluigi.

Eventually, it could be fun to give Waluigi a small chance to spawn a bomb-omb instead of a tennis ball, as well. About the same chance as Peach has to pull one could work.

Considering how OP bomb-ombs are, which makes them almost always off, have you considered changing the attributes of the item globally? Or is item editing not possible yet? Maybe not.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't Links bomb's be Link's bombs?
What I meant was, instead of Spawning a Bob-omb, spawn one of the Bombs that Link has in his down-B. Then you don't have to worry about being overpowered. I really don't know if this is possible though.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Uhm I haz a little problem

I'm using OS 1.9.1 (which has always worked for me). I used your .gct file for the CSS code, played as Waluigi and an Alloy, then the game froze while I was trying to do roll-dodges. So I turned my Wii off. I then tried to load my own very very very beta character (over Cpt Falcon), and it froze at the strap loader screen. I reset my Wii, and it still won't load past the strap screen. I tried deleting my beta character, deleting your .gct, deleting Waluigi, deleting the zakoboy folder in Fighter...nothing works.

Could it be the actual SD card itself thats the problem? Could it be because I tried to load a model over a non-Alloy character? Is there perhaps a hidden file I need to get rid of? Does anyone think that I have a corrupted common5 (or a corrupted anything else, for that matter)?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman

GOOD. Waluigi's had his sports-only reputation rubbed in his face too much already.

As for specials that don't require a lot of animation editing (I'm assuming you mean regular moves with special properties)...

First of all, make his second jump someone's 'swim upwards' animation and check the 'move character' tag. Instant unique and in-character aerial game right there.

Use Mario or Luigi's Tornado for something, I would say either his Down-Smash or NAir.

Waluigi also specializes in powerful kicks, so he should also have some move where he swings his foot upwards really hard, maybe use Sonic's F-Throw animation and make his foot grow huge while he does it?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
How about making his Ftilt something like Sheik's, and then his Fsmash could be more like Ganondorf's Ftilt?

It would help make his Moveset less sports-based, and also use his hideously long legs to his advantage.

Edit, also, Ganondorf's wait animations would work for a replacement for either Wait2 or Wait3.

As for his Ftilt/Fsmash, look at this, isn't it awesome?

Ooh, also - Ike's Fair would be perfect for Waluigi. And it could even be a spike!

(If you couldn't tell, I was just running through a bunch of animations)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You do realize that putting any GDorf animations on Waluigi makes him look ******** right? There's a reason why I don't use his moves lol.
His current ftilt is close enough to a Sparta kick, and actually looks appropriate.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
He didn't look very stretched on the couple of animations that I tried. Such at the one I took a screen cap of. (What's wrong with it?)

And I really recommend looking at Ike's aerials. Mainly (In order) Fair, Dair, and Bair.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I thought Waluigi's goal as a character was to just look and act ********.

He immensely failed in his debut, because:

1) He sounded cool
2) He walked cool
3) He was Top of Top Tier

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Just don't stray too far from the "weird". This is Waluigi.
I second this. Using frame speed modifiers to give him odd starting and ending lag should give him a 'weird' feel. Use Wario as inspiration.

By the way, you do know you can fit any animation onto any character without stretching or shrinking by copying all the T-pose 'Transform' data into Frame 1 of the animation for all of the character's bones, right? Tedious, but not difficult.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
i had a few thoughts for specials (once possible)

B : although talked to death the bob-omb idea i like
B > : DKs B >, that is what he assist trophy does anyway
B > : throw a koopa shell, the subspace weakened version
B ^ : Yoshi's second jump, i can totally see waluigi kicking and flailing struggling to get up :D
B v : The second half of Dee Dee Dee's super jump (if thats possilbe) just the part where he crashes straight down

just speculations

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Any word on the next official release? :)

i had a few thoughts for specials (once possible)

B : although talked to death the bob-omb idea i like
B > : DKs B >, that is what he assist trophy does anyway
B > : throw a koopa shell, the subspace weakened version
B ^ : Yoshi's second jump, i can totally see waluigi kicking and flailing struggling to get up :D
B v : The second half of Dee Dee Dee's super jump (if thats possilbe) just the part where he crashes straight down

just speculations
That'll probably take a while. I'm sure that they say that giving Alloys (and thus, Waluigi) specials is impossible...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Any word on the next official release? :)

That'll probably take a while. I'm sure that they say that giving Alloys (and thus, Waluigi) specials is impossible...
uh-oh. someone used the "I" word. Oh Phantom Wiiiiings??

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'd make a Cosmic WaLuigi, but sadly he does not have any emerald textures :(

Revven

FrankerZ
Really sweet job with the Laugh it Off, man, that'll look even better when you can do custom SFX!! :D

Really, really, creative I must say. Now come up with a way for the Alloys to grab ledges! :p

If I must make a few suggestions based off your vids:

1) Create your own landing lag animation for his Fair.
2) Reduce the landing lag of his Nair a bit, perhaps fix it up so you can AC it like Mario and Luigi can.

And... that's all right now lol.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wow LIO sounds AWESOME. Finally the game doesn't freeze from me grabbing someone.

I can't wait until this project really kicks off and Waluigi is nearly complete.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest, that tweaking landing lag, hitbox changes and percentage and knockback and what not, should be the last thing to programm. i think finding the glitches and adding specials and all that main things are more important

oh, and I have a question, how does Geno have specials and Waluigi not? Why writing over an alloy instead of.... I don't know, blue Ganondorf costum, like they did with Geno over Toon Link?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Costumes get replaces by textures...I think that's how it works...

Blue Tink just has the Geno texture. It's still Geno without that costume...right?

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
well, Geno has a complete different Moveset as Toon Link, and missing sword and shield
but I'm not really sure of anything here. So much has changed when i was last here.... like a month ago

and where exactly is the difference between the rpogramming between geno and waluigi?

Top Bottom