• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Wow, looks awesome. Got a question: (I hope this was not answered before.)

Is it possible, if downloaded of course, to play as Waluigi in Brawl's Adventure mode SSE?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why not. Works fine.
Really? I have not seen Chibo include that in his videos. Maybe he should... Maybe have Waluigi go up against Tabuu or somthing.

Anyway, I hope that does not end up needing Waluigi to be programmed to attack certain enemies (Such as Primids and other SSE foes)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Also, will Chibo make it where when Kirby sucks up Waluigi it is an acual special move instead of a "Blank" Move?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Do you think (I hope this was not answered before.) it would be possible if you could apply Stickers to Waluigi by adding a seperate trophy plate to him? Or would it be to much work.....

Snake, were not tools of the government or anyone else!
Fighting was the only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake, farewell.

-Ran

Smash Master
Chibo, I'm assuming that what you're doing could be done for Lyn as well, or does she simply not have a good enough base to bother with?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Chibo, I'm assuming that what you're doing could be done for Lyn as well, or does she simply not have a good enough base to bother with?
I think Lyn is usable (I may be wrong), but no one is working on her right now. A bunch of people say they will, but never get around to it.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
IS there anyway you can make a puala from earthbound? (with the same powers as ness and lucas, except a red starstorm) Because my sister does great with lucas, but she doesnt like him because hes a boy. Anyway wow, great job on waluigi. Too bad they didnt already include him.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
IS there anyway you can make a puala from earthbound? (with the same powers as ness and lucas, except a red starstorm) Because my sister does great with lucas, but she doesnt like him because hes a boy. Anyway wow, great job on waluigi. Too bad they didnt already include him.
Nintendo for some reason did not want to add many girls. More in SSBB
than in SSBM though. Maybe the next Smash game will....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
honestly, can ppl please stop requesting other characters here? theres a thread for that. im working on waluigi only atm. the hammer bro was not mine, i made the video for someone else. this is the waluigi thread, not the request thread

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Oh, sorry for the off topic. So, how's Waluigi doing? Found out the code on how to Grab Ledges or Special Moves?

Fighting was the only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake, farewell.

PND

Smash Champion
Well, we actually have a version that can do that PLUS special moves PLUS shielding and dodging. The only problem? The model won't load >_>

So once (if ever) the model importer tool comes out, we'll be able to use the full version instead of the Alloy version. It'll still have the same moveset, just with added functions. So basically, until that tool comes out there's not a whole lot we can work with -- especially given the Alloy's ridiculously small file size limit. Make no mistake, we (especially Chibo) are still working hard on the current version of Alloy Waluigi -- but we have a full version on the backburner that we've been sitting on for weeks now.

As for the sticker/subspace issue. . .

Well, as far as I know there isn't a custom CSS for Subspace, so unless you have Waluigi Replacing Red Alloy replacing Captain Falcon you won't be able to select him in Subspace. However, if you DO have that, I'm not sure if applying stickers to Falcon's trophy base would apply any effects onto Waluigi -- Falcon and Red Alloy ARE two different characters after all. So I'm going to have to say that's a negatory right now, sorry. Our focus is first and foremost on multiplayer modes.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Well, we actually have a version that can do that PLUS special moves PLUS shielding and dodging. The only problem? The model won't load >_>

So once (if ever) the model importer tool comes out, we'll be able to use the full version instead of the Alloy version. It'll still have the same moveset, just with added functions. So basically, until that tool comes out there's not a whole lot we can work with -- especially given the Alloy's ridiculously small file size limit. Make no mistake, we (especially Chibo) are still working hard on the current version of Alloy Waluigi -- but we have a full version on the backburner that we've been sitting on for weeks now.
Do you think in the near future the icon of the Red Alloy will be changed to "Waluigi" same with the SSBB sign to a W and the same w/ the name? Change Captain Falcon's music to Wario's music then that's even closer to an offical character.

PND

Smash Champion
I haven't looked into that for the Alloy to be honest, but I definitely will do so. Although I used Ike as a base, I think we're likely to be replacing Luigi or Wario as characters once the model importer rolls out. That will give him more accurate icons AND victory music AND kirby hats -- plus it will pair him up logically with a character, either his partner or counterpart. If we do replace one of those characters we'll be waiting for the clone engine so that they can both be playable. I believe if we replace Luigi the crowd and announcer sound effects would fit him better -- but it makes more sense to me to pair him with Wario. Quite the conundrum, eh?

But as for the Alloy issue, I'll see if there's anything I can do icon/music-wise for any future releases. . . . or maybe a CSP or in battle pic instead of alloy. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: To above:
His model comes with a Tennis Racket. Haha, at first we were planning on axing it -- but it grew on us. He's sort of like a wacky sword character, something this game needs.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I got a cool idea on a Final Smash only if it won't be to much of a problem:

Have Waluigi fly up in the sky just as fast as Snake does. The entire stage transforms into a pinball machine (With Waluigi pinball music in the background) then all characters are still inside it. Then Waluigi appears outside the machine in the foreground, inserts a coin. Then Waluigi starts playing pinball and continuosly shoots the pinballs, causing damage to everyone who is an opponent.

Just an idea although it would be considered the best attack in the game.

PND

Smash Champion
Here's a sneak peak at a texture I'll be working on in my spare time. . .

Sorry for the terrible pic, but every other link had his first name in the URL. . . turns out SWF doesn't like that much rofl. Just google image search his whole name for some better reference pics

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Lol, where did you get that pic from? Google?

PND

Smash Champion
That would be ridiculously tough to implement lol. It's an awesome suggestion, but I don't think it's possible ATM. We'd have to custom code pinball flippers and stuff, edit it for each stage. . . my mind boggles at how much work that would take >_>

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, I haven't seen that show in years. "Nyaaah!"

No spoilers, but I was wondering, apart from the new Bair(which sounds cool), should we expect any other new animations?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
That would be ridiculously tough to implement lol. It's an awesome suggestion, but I don't think it's possible ATM. We'd have to custom code pinball flippers and stuff, edit it for each stage. . . my mind boggles at how much work that would take >_>
Yeah, I guess your right. I guess we will have to come up w/ somthing different and not-so-hard.

EDIT:

How about just give him somthing similiar to Wario's Final Smash after we can get him a full character until we have time for the "Pin Ball Machine"? Man, I can just picture Waluigi as a favoratable character at SmashBoards.

PND

Smash Champion
Holy ****, I haven't seen that show in years. "Nyaaah!"

No spoilers, but I was wondering, apart from the new Bair(which sounds cool), should we expect any other new animations?
Probably not at the moment, custom animations take forever to do. I'll talk to Chibo and see if he has any ideas -- If I'm just tweaking an already existing animation I might be able to. But making a new one like the bair took me a LONG, BORING time lmfao. Once we get specials though, expect some cool ones.

Yeah, I guess your right. I guess we will have to come up w/ somthing better.
Well, we're still kind of ahead of ourselves. Final Smashes won't work until we can put him over a full character anyway, so we have plenty of time for tech to catch up with ideas. Don't get me wrong, I love your suggestion -- it's totally "Waluigi." It's just right now, with the tools we have. . . :dizzy:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Do you think in the near future the icon of the Red Alloy will be changed to "Waluigi" same with the SSBB sign to a W and the same w/ the name? Change Captain Falcon's music to Wario's music then that's even closer to an offical character.
Wait for v0.05 :)

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of somthing - what would happen if a person who has downloaded Waluigi already plays a Multi-Man Brawl. Will Waluigi be included in the mode as an opponent because the Red Alloy is replaced with a him? Man, I'd like to see him as an opponent in Cruel Brawl..........

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
@Terminator- Why don't you just go to cruel brawl yourself and find out?
Theres a problem - I don't have Hombrew applications and I would of tryed it if I did, but I don't.

I don't know what the highest version a Wii can have without my wii breaking because of Hombrew, but my version is 4.02 (may not be accurate)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Homebrew won't break your Wii man; only updating to Wii OS v4.2 can break your Wii.

Yes, that's right.

Only OFFICIAL NINTENDO RELEASES can brick your Wii. Homebrew is immensely more safe.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
OMG. Thinking of **** Dastardly as a texture sounds amazing!

If he gets finished, and does pretty well, he should seriously be added in the final versions of Brawl+. Or I'd like that anyway. =]

flamingpeanut

Smash Rookie
i may be a begginer to PSA but I think i can help a little 'cuz of my knowledge on how the actual programming of the game works:bee:

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I got a cool idea on a Final Smash only if it won't be to much of a problem:

Have Waluigi fly up in the sky just as fast as Snake does. The entire stage transforms into a pinball machine (With Waluigi pinball music in the background) then all characters are still inside it. Then Waluigi appears outside the machine in the foreground, inserts a coin. Then Waluigi starts playing pinball and continuosly shoots the pinballs, causing damage to everyone who is an opponent.

Just an idea although it would be considered the best attack in the game.
Read my idea for Waluigi's Final Smash. I showed this to Mike.... Well, like it?

PND

Smash Champion
Hhm. For **** Dastardly I'm stuck. Do I make his Tennis Racket a Stop Sign, or a Skull & Crossbones Danger Sign? Choices, choices. >_> Also, should he be in his Purple attire, or his original Blue? I've got everything textured except these pieces -- so I'd like some input gaiz.

EDIT: I'm doing Blue. . . Purple makes him look TOO much like Waluigi. I knew these characters looked similar, but without a bit of blue seperating them, they might as well be clones :laugh:.

As well, since it's impossible for me to make his trench coat longer, he'll be in his racing suit instead -- not much of a difference, but enough to maybe throw off purists.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Hhm. For **** Dastardly I'm stuck. Do I make his Tennis Racket a Stop Sign, or a Skull & Crossbones Danger Sign? Choices, choices. >_> Also, should he be in his Purple attire, or his original Blue? I've got everything textured except these pieces -- so I'd like some input gaiz.
Well, to make Waluigi look more wacky, I guess the Stop Sign and the Purple attire :)

Just a suggestion.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
stop sign is too tough since it's all mesh racket stuff. unless that can be changed. if it cant, keep the mesh and change the L design on it to a skull and cross bones

uhg, im so close to finishing my latest thing for Waluigi but im encountering a lot of rly annoying errors for no aparent reason. I'll have it soon

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Got A Suggestion: If an opponent of Waluigi gets hit by the Skull & Crossbone raquet, maybe you should have the effect freezing or dark power.

Top Bottom