• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
cant do 4 players

game freezes when i do more than 3 players. kinda sucks i was looking forward to Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi free-for-all.

(Edit) Thanks Chaos, it worked!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@doublek642- Make it so Waluigi is player 4 then it should work.

@superyoshi888- I'm not sure what you mean by perfectly balanced. Do you mean not the best, not the worst, but perfectly centered in the middle? Sandwiched between DK and Peach on the current tier list? Cause I think that's a terrible idea. I would play him in a tournament setting only if he's good. He should at least be viable, so maybe he should rock mid- to low- A tier. But anyways, we're getting ahead of ourselves. v0.05 hasn't even come out yet so Waluigi is not going to be in a tournament anytime soon =P

superyoshi888

Smash Lord

@superyoshi888- I'm not sure what you mean by perfectly balanced. Do you mean not the best, not the worst, but perfectly centered in the middle? Sandwiched between DK and Peach on the current tier list? Cause I think that's a terrible idea. I would play him in a tournament setting only if he's good. He should at least be viable, so maybe he should rock mid- to low- A tier. But anyways, we're getting ahead of ourselves. v0.05 hasn't even come out yet so Waluigi is not going to be in a tournament anytime soon =P
Nope. Just that he shouldn't be anywhere close to broken. Like, not Snake good. Somewhere where he would be viable would be nice though.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Well anyways, I'm sure hack characters will be allowed into tournaments as soon as stamina is hacked off of PT >_>

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I'd heard of the Brawl+ roster, but what I meant was PT w/o Sta isn't in regular brawl tournaments, so I strongly doubt that any hack characters will be allowed in. I probably should have made this clearer like 4 posts ago, sorry bout that.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman

So, you guys want Waluigi middle tier or upper middle? Well, by watching those test videos, he looks like he is Chuck Norris tier. I mean he practically has no recovery time when attacking and floats through the air (due to him being an alloy) and he is also extremely powerful with attacks (his raquet :dizzy:)

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, but he can't shield or dodge. . . or grab edges, or use specials. . . or grab opponents. He has fast, powerful moves because it's the least we can do.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I figured out a special moveset for Waluigi ONLY if you can figure out how to add them.

B - Projectile "Catcher" Waluigi can catch any type of projectile, even a lazer blast from Fox, Falco, Wolf, or Super Scope etc and can throw them back like any other items.

B → - Waluigi Motorcycle (Give him Wario's bike and texture it)

B ↓ - Bomb-Omb (Just use Link's Bomb)

B ↑ - Some type of recovery move.

On a small note, some of these ideas were given to me by earlier posts. *

I'm so excited about V.05!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I've been toying around with the idea of using a bunch of If-Else statements to give him specials and maybe even a shield in PSA, but I'm not exactly sure how you guys would go about doing it.

Maybe on Waluigi's Wait animations and other animations where he isn't taunting/attacking(wait...does he even have a taunt?), check for the B button to be pressed, then check to see what direction is held, and do an attack accordingly. I'm not sure if we can get away with this, given file size limits and other stuff, but it's worth a try?

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
waweegee costume

got a costume idea for waluigi! its called WaWEEGEE, he has weegees clothes (but still has the upside down L) with a weegee face! :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've been toying around with the idea of using a bunch of If-Else statements to give him specials and maybe even a shield in PSA, but I'm not exactly sure how you guys would go about doing it.

Maybe on Waluigi's Wait animations and other animations where he isn't taunting/attacking(wait...does he even have a taunt?), check for the B button to be pressed, then check to see what direction is held, and do an attack accordingly. I'm not sure if we can get away with this, given file size limits and other stuff, but it's worth a try?
Won't work. A code needs to be made to "enable" B button use on Alloys, same way a code was made to enable win loss poses.

kyleisreal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kyleisreal
hmm... do you think it would be possible to add gray fox in as well then?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The next version of Waluigi might be slightly delayed because of the new version of Brawl Box, so I'm going to try and update some more things than originally planned.

PND

Smash Champion
^Speaking of: Wow I wish I had this new BrawlBox earlier. It would have saved me a TON of time working on Waluigi animations.

PND

Smash Champion
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.
You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.
I wouldn't touch you, with a
thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch.
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile.
Mr. Grinch.
Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the seasick crocodile.

This is actually a bit of a tradition for me -- here's last year's. I never did put this texture up for download, just distributed it to friends. So this is your first chance for BOTH textures, despite one being much, much older.

DOWNLOAD:

Waluigi -:- Jigglypuff

Happy Holidays!

If you didn't do it yet, click "You're a mean one, Mr.Grinch." at the top of the post.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
known glitches

i didnt see these glitches in the "known glitches" section.
Theres is a glitch where whenever you roll to get up when your laying on the ground you go underground and teleport back up (its worse than it sounds). The other one is a big deal on the Mario Bros level, when you hit your head on a ceiling you go through it until you feet hit it.
hope this helps and hope these are fixed by version 0.05. :)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Yay for more unique Waluigi textures! Excellent job, PND. =]

Can't wait to see what he gets next. *coughFalcon'scostumecough*

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I figured out a special moveset for Waluigi ONLY if you can figure out how to add them.

B - Projectile "Catcher" Waluigi can catch any type of projectile, even a lazer blast from Fox, Falco, Wolf, or Super Scope etc and can throw them back like any other items.

B → - Waluigi Motorcycle (Give him Wario's bike and texture it)

B ↓ - Bomb-Omb (Just use Link's Bomb)

B ↑ - Some type of recovery move.

On a small note, some of these ideas were given to me by earlier posts. *

I'm so excited about V.05!
This is my idea on a moveset for Waluigi. The most unique one is probably the B attack. :)

Chibo, I hope you can come up with V.05 soon, by the way, when do you think you can get V.05??

bwcool217

Smash Rookie
ok so im new to this alloy thing. so i downloaded waluigi. so where do i put the Fitpacs.? and, do i need to have a new code added to code manager.?

sorry. im kind of a noob.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
hey, i was perhaps inquiring as to if the tennis racket would be removed apart from smash attacks. Or if it is to be kept in his hand at all times. like a Princess Peach effect with side smashes.

Top Bottom