• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi Air Guitar as a victory pose would be epic, that and the crotch chop should be 2 of his 3 victory poses

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
If this hasn't been done already, if you get hit by Waluigi's Tennis Raquet (Peach's FW Smash) the raquet is going SOOO fast that it catches on fire and anyone hit will take fire damage. OR That would be just be a random effect as the raquet could cause: Fire, Darkness, Freezing, Electricity to make it more random. :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
actually the racket still has a fire hitbox by accident lol. alloys fsmash had 3 hitboxes and i only changed two of them to be like peachs racket, and the inside hitbox still puts them on fire lol

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
actually the racket still has a fire hitbox by accident lol. alloys fsmash had 3 hitboxes and i only changed two of them to be like peachs racket, and the inside hitbox still puts them on fire lol
Remember, Waluigi is a professional at tennis. The raquet probably breaks the Speed of Light when he swings it (Which is the same speed as Chuck Norris' Roundhouse Kick). I guess that's a good way to say thats why it catches on fire.

So, could you make them random effects as how I stated my last comment. If it's to hard, it's not worth doing. Maybe make it like Mr. Game & Watch's B→?

EDIT: Chibo, how do you record video games (For example SSBB) and then play them on the Computer? Because I really want to post hacked Brawl videos on Youtube. I know you know how to do this because of your such good quality videos you have. (Sorry If I was off-topic)

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
i have a theory.
listen, mario stays in place during his side-b, luigi moves forward during his side-b, wario moves forward during his side-b. So, wario moves forward like luigi does. therefore, waluigi should stay in place during his side-b like mario does. Now, mario reflects back at you during his side-b, luigi doesnt attack (unless he hits you) during his side-b, wario doesnt attack (unless he hits you) during his side-b, therefore, warios side-b is similar to luigis side-b. So, now we know that when waluigi does his side-b, he stays in place like mario and his side-b reflects like marios. i put this data together to form this up. waluigi's side-b is kind of like ike's or marth's parry. He takes out a bob-omb for a couple of seconds. if you hit waluigi while he is holding the bob-omb it explodes on you and you get the damage you usually get by a bob-omb (with hitbox). if you dont hit him for about 2 seconds he puts it back in his pocket (or wherever).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm giving him some kind of bomb move I can tell you that, just not sure if it's gonna be down B link style or B snake style

its just that he has no item manipulation yet. as soon as he does itl be in

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I'm giving him some kind of bomb move I can tell you that, just not sure if it's gonna be down B link style or B snake style

its just that he has no item manipulation yet. as soon as he does itl be in
can ya do me a favor and look at my post telling my theory, i spent quite a bit of time putting that data together. i think you should do down b link style and maybe something else with a bomb for side b (like mine XD)

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Suggestion for attacks? This is kind of based on a Luigi/Wario base of Moveset

Mario Power Tennis Waluigi Whirlwind Attack dont know if it should be a Smash attack or a down B move as the Luigi Cyclone entails, or even an Up B move as the Wario Corkscrew move entails.

A running attack should perhaps be a running kicking sequence, as to luigi's running attack is a multiple slap attack.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
and also for a throw, Waluigi should use his long legs as an advantage. in which moves i will detail.

Down Toss - Waluigi pulls his opponent so they are leaning backwards, and falls into a splits above his opponents neck.

Back Toss - Waluigi turns his opponent around, pulls them behind him whilst holding the wrist of his opponent, and kicks his opponent back.

manman1235

Smash Cadet
I will likely release v.04 tomorrow

Unfortunately though I can not fix the footstool bug. Can anyone think of a way to make Waluigi unfootstoolable?
I don't know ANYTHING about it :confused: , but I have an ok idea... try changing the bones' numbers, and putting bones that do NOTHING and aren't solid (if that's an option there) so they don't effect the game in any way, but do take up some space. :chuckle:

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
For some reason when I think of a dash attack for Waluigi, I think of Lui Kang's Bicycle Kick fitting pretty well

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I honestly think a sliding trip kick, like Mario's Dash attack, or MK's, would be best, clone-wise to make an easy dash attack for Waluigi. I don't see any other character doing a dash attack fitting otherwise. Also, I think Mario's would be more fitting than MK's.

Grab pummel animation like Wario's?! Poke poke poke.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Nice work making waluigi a playable character!

I just wanted to contribute with a waluigi moveset i thinkered a while ago, I'm aware there's a LOT of limitations with alloy-based characters so don't take this to serioulsy, I posted this for fun and thinking that maybe you could find some inspiration in it

-Jab: 2 diagonal slaps with the right hand... think of diagonal karate chops, like manlier slaps
-Dash atk: football kick, like making a penalty shot

-Ftilt: take off his cap and swings it , great range!
-Utilt: swaps his hand twice above his head with an angry look, like getting rid of an insect
-Dtilt: crouches and makes a tripping kick with fury

-Fsmash: a grand slam with the racket
-Usmash: he crouches a little, then above his head appears a block of random tipe: mario party dice, mario kart item block, mario kart fake block, etc...(just cosmetic)..., then he smashes it
-Dsmash: crouches and moves like making the signal for "safe" that is made by baseball umpires when a runner is safe in a base

-Nair: a sex kick (like mario, luigi and wario's Nair)
-Fair: an aerial grand slam with racket
-Uair: puts his hands up then swings them down, when this hits, the other character goes below waluigi without been spiked so this can be followed by with another aerial
-Dair: waluigi whirl (mario power tennis) (like mario, luigi and wario's spinnig Dairs)

-GrabPummel: knee to stomach
-Fthrow: plunges the oponnent into the ground and hits it with a golf club (mario golf), then puts his hand on his forehead like looking where the opponent goes flying
-Bthrow: spins the oponent twice and throws it (like mario, luigi and wario's sppining throws)
-Uthrow: makes a "ball" with th opponent and throws it up in a basketball motion
-Dhrow: releases the opponent and hits it with an purple vine whip, sends it in a diagonal trajectory (purple vines come from mario soccer)

-NeutralB: sweeps his vine whipe arround him, like metaknight's jab, in air he spins it like melee kirby's hammer
-SideB: takes a ball of random tipe: football, basketball, baseball, an eggplant (mario super sluggers), a rocket (mario party), or a bom-omb (mario kart ddash), each one with different damage, knockback and travel distance, then he charges the throw the same way sonic charges his Fsmash, you can trhow grabbed items with this move also
-UpB: air swimming (mario hoops 3 on 3), great aerial movement
-DownB: i like the guard mechanic what you made, he laughs an attack

-Final: two ideas: 1) waluigi's crazy land or whatever: the stage transforms into something related to pinball, pirannah plants, purple poisonous vines, bom-ombs, etc...
2) waluigi takes a bag with 10-15 bom-ombs to fire at will !!!!!

Any thoughts??

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Nice work making waluigi a playable character!

I just wanted to contribute with a waluigi moveset i thinkered a while ago, I'm aware there's a LOT of limitations with alloy-based characters so don't take this to serioulsy, I posted this for fun and thinking that maybe you could find some inspiration in it

-Jab: 2 diagonal slaps with the right hand... think of diagonal karate chops, like manlier slaps
-Dash atk: football kick, like making a penalty shot

-Ftilt: take off his cap and swings it , great range!
-Utilt: swaps his hand twice above his head with an angry look, like getting rid of an insect
-Dtilt: crouches and makes a tripping kick with fury

-Fsmash: a grand slam with the racket
-Usmash: he crouches a little, then above his head appears a block of random tipe: mario party dice, mario kart item block, mario kart fake block, etc...(just cosmetic)..., then he smashes it
-Dsmash: crouches and moves like making the signal for "safe" that is made by baseball umpires when a runner is safe in a base

-Nair: a sex kick (like mario, luigi and wario's Nair)
-Fair: an aerial grand slam with racket
-Uair: puts his hands up then swings them down, when this hits, the other character goes below waluigi without been spiked so this can be followed by with another aerial
-Dair: waluigi whirl (mario power tennis) (like mario, luigi and wario's spinnig Dairs)

-GrabPummel: knee to stomach
-Fthrow: plunges the oponnent into the ground and hits it with a golf club (mario golf), then puts his hand on his forehead like looking where the opponent goes flying
-Bthrow: spins the oponent twice and throws it (like mario, luigi and wario's sppining throws)
-Uthrow: makes a "ball" with th opponent and throws it up in a basketball motion
-Dhrow: releases the opponent and hits it with an purple vine whip, sends it in a diagonal trajectory (purple vines come from mario soccer)

-NeutralB: sweeps his vine whipe arround him, like metaknight's jab, in air he spins it like melee kirby's hammer
-SideB: takes a ball of random tipe: football, basketball, baseball, an eggplant (mario super sluggers), a rocket (mario party), or a bom-omb (mario kart ddash), each one with different damage, knockback and travel distance, then he charges the throw the same way sonic charges his Fsmash, you can trhow grabbed items with this move also
-UpB: air swimming (mario hoops 3 on 3), great aerial movement
-DownB: i like the guard mechanic what you made, he laughs an attack

-Final: two ideas: 1) waluigi's crazy land or whatever: the stage transforms into something related to pinball, pirannah plants, purple poisonous vines, bom-ombs, etc...
2) waluigi takes a bag with 10-15 bom-ombs to fire at will !!!!!

Any thoughts??
Bump for excellence.

I was all for making waluigi a "racket character"(as opposed so a sword character), but this moveset has made me think twice. Gust, you've done a great job mixing in the sports and party games, as well as all the signature Waluigi moves that have been requested, and Waluigi's weirdness. I absolutely love your upsmash.
If this were the exact moveset that Waluigi was finalized with, I would have no complaints.
Thank you for posting this.

EDIT: I lied about having no complaints- I actually don't really like Laugh It Off. Giving super armor is too situation for my taste, and being a normal counter is too common. Some unique style of counter could work, however. I like the idea of him "laughing the hit off"- it does fit him well.

MegaAntMan1

Smash Cadet
i have ideas for Waluigi's special moves: (if i say 'more' or 'less' that means i'm comparing it to the original character in question)
Standard Special: Waluigi Super Punch (like DK's only less time to charge and around 5% less damage)
Side Special: Waluigi Kart (like Wario's bike but the Standard Kart from MKDS and is quicker and does 2% less each time it hits)
Up Special: Waluigi Skyriser (Like King Dedede's Super jump only it goes higher and does 3% more damage and insted of stars a smaller earthly shockwave appears)
Down Special: Whirluigi (from mario power tennis from Nintendo Gamecube) (Like Luigi Cyclone only slightly slower and does 1-2% more damage)
Final Smash: Waluigi Pinball (Waluigi turns into a giant pinball and the player controls 'flippers' at the sides of the stage that knock waluigi around the stage, the ball is unaffected by land and items and is invincible for the whole time, cannot go Out Of Bounds and lasts for as long as Mr. Game & Watch's 'Octopuss' Final Smash)

i hope these are good ideas, that you will consider them, get all kinks worked out and that i have been helpful (also the 'Laugh it off' idea ROCKS!! KEEP IT PLEASE!!)

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I like all of the ideas that you guys are coming up with, and yes Chibo I hope it comes out soon as possible. I guess the reason V.05 is taking longer than expected because there are HUGE things being added....

Sry but I think the Waluigi motorcycle is kind of a lame idea. That just screams clone lol
I suppose the motorcycle is a bad idea as I thought of it, but I suppose we should make Waluigi more of a wacky "Sword" character rather than a Wario character and the most unique one of all next to Snake.

I also heard about the Waluigi announcer sound effect. It probably does sound kinda weird but that's Waluigi - he's a wacky character. Those are some suggestions.

Anyway, any luck on the final Smash: Pinball Machine?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
can you do a 100% shadow?
Dude, this is about Waluigi, not Shadow. :(

Anyway, have you tried porting Wa on Olimar as someone suggested a while back? I'd like to free up Red Alloy as he's also used for other awesome chars.

BTW, anyone like my Dalton texture idea?

LSDX

Wah!
Heres a little preview of something that will be part of the next version

Who did you place that portrait over? Red Alloy (Captain Falcon portrait?)?

Also, if that went over the Red Alloy and it was Captain Falcon's portrait, does that affect Falcon's data as a whole or just the alloy when selecting on the CSS and in-battle?

Top Bottom