• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I just got an idea for Waluigi's Final Smash! (courtesy of Brawl in the Family)

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Or, something actually doable, how about he spawns a number of active soccer balls and bob-ombs. (After all, his special item in mario kart is a bob-omb, and he is a player in the sports games)

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I got one thing that I am currently afraid of about this project - Road-Blocks. If you don't know what I mean but that, it means that people just stop caring about the project or it is at a point where the project can't be made any better..... :(

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I got one thing that I am currently afraid of about this project - Road-Blocks. If you don't know what I mean but that, it means that people just stop caring about the project or it is at a point where the project can't be made any better..... :(
There comes a time in every project's life where it hits a bump. Maybe they lost interest, maybe they hate everyone and jsut wanted to bring their hopes up just to stop mid-way, maybe they already made a post saying their busy with a life atm or that their computer is not working properly atm.

Whatever the cause, the project needs to be invigorated with life, with freshness -- with new ideas. Especially repeated ideas.

Gentlemen, there is only ONE thing that can make this project better. Only one.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
You are right Chaos, somone needs to make this thread get more people on, new people with new ideas.

Or somone should make a thread dedicated to the Walugi Project, Gray Fox Project, Lyn Project, and maybe even a Knuckle Joe Project. If we did that, I bet the thread would last waaaaaaay longer with possible new ideas.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
You are right Chaos, somone needs to make this thread get more people on, new people with new ideas.

Or somone should make a thread dedicated to the Walugi Project, Gray Fox Project, Lyn Project, and maybe even a Knuckle Joe Project. If we did that, I bet the thread would last waaaaaaay longer with possible new ideas.
You know, you should should totally make your own thread dedicated to Lyn/Gray Fox/Waluigi/Knuckle Joe. It doesn't matter that you don't know anything about the creation of a character at all -- I don't either! So if you make a thread, I will join it and give lots of ideas. In the mean time, let's not **** up this thread any further.

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it be possible to re-skin the coin shooter to resemble a pinball machine and use it as a module in Waluigi's final smash?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
You know I didn't think about it until just now. Samurai Goroh's running slash would be perfect for that goofy swordsman like style you guys are aiming for on Waluigi.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
OK, still learning the ins and outs of gcts...

So I heard from somewhere that you cannot play Waluigi with Brawl+... Is that still true?
Can't you use cheatmanager for homebrew and just switch out the CSS and get rid of the individual pokemon stuff?
And if you can, is there a way to turn a gct into a text file so I can do all that stuff? The Brawl+ website only has a text file for 5.0 beta and Chibo's gct edit program gets 12% and the rest is unorganized.

If this is the wrong thread to post about this, I'm sorry about that. Waluigi looks legit, though.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed somthing: Are the two invisible opponents on Co-op Event №6 , (They are invisible characters who have the same moveset as Luigi and Captain Falcon.) seperate characters? If so, I bet you could replace Waluigi over one of them then find out how to make them visible (Probably pretty easy). This is just a suggestion that could probably help this project out because the opponents have specials.

The reason I suggested that they could be seperate because:

(1) Both Icons are Brawl Signs, not a Falcon or Mushroom.

(2) Both don't have Charcter Portraits.

(3) Both don't have names.

Tell me what you think

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
^^I think those are just Luigi and Falcon with their Spycloak on (the costume that turns them invisible for that mode in special brawl). Though it IS strange that they dont have names...

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
^^I think those are just Luigi and Falcon with their Spycloak on (the costume that turns them invisible for that mode in special brawl). Though it IS strange that they dont have names...
Yep, this could mean that they could be completely seperate which could mean more Assist Trophy characers :bee:

Anyway, I'm trying to google search WHY they have SSBB signs and no names. If I found out they are different seperate characters, this could mean Waluigi Special moves, Item use, and the best, a Final Smash!!! That just is if i'm right..........

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Yep, this could mean that they could be completely seperate which could mean more Assist Trophy characers :bee:

Anyway, I'm trying to google search WHY they have SSBB signs and no names. If I found out they are different seperate characters, this could mean Waluigi Special moves, Item use, and the best, a Final Smash!!! That just is if i'm right..........
Master Hand is a seperate character with a separate symbol, etc. in classic mode. That doesn't make him of any use to us.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Wait, wait wait....HOW?!

Really, I'm very sorry for derailing the thread with this but

Does this mean that we're able to fully costomize any in game models now (like assist trophies)? CAN LYN FINALLY HAPPEN?

...I'm so happy :cry:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Wait, wait wait....HOW?!

Really, I'm very sorry for derailing the thread with this but

Does this mean that we're able to fully costomize any in game models now (like assist trophies)? CAN LYN FINALLY HAPPEN?

...I'm so happy :cry:
lern2reedthread

We cannot fully customize models. We can model swap and animation edit.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
lern2reedthread

We cannot fully customize models. We can model swap and animation edit.
Quite a bit can be done to the models with hexing, but it is certainly limited and is extremely time and effort consuming. Lucario's model has been made into a near perfect Mewtwo, for example, but from what I've seen, only one animation(idle1?) has been made compatible with it. There's also been a baby mario from mario, and a chun-li from peach.
Because of the difficulty, you REALLY can't expect someone else to take requests that they aren't also interested in.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Spycloak is a Subaction.

They're just Luigi and Falcon using that Subaction.
But they have different icons, lack names and the other stuff Terminator listed. I think we should at least find out why so we can label it as a definite dead end or huge breakthrough.

Master Hand is a seperate character with a separate symbol, etc. in classic mode. That doesn't make him of any use to us.
SSE stages were separate stages with different models, collision data, etc. in SSE. We thought they weren't going to ever be edited by hackers.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys for not posting, my Internet on both computers stopped working. Anyway, Comcast came today and they fixed the other computer. I'm not using my regular old computer though.

Don't worry guys, if Chibo finishes Waluigi quicker just as TCR said, he will come out all old and tacky and we don't want that just because we rushed him, do we? I have a feeling even if he hurrys, it will STILL be good enough to be added "offically", which is still a good possibility. THIS IS GONNA BE SO GOOD for V.05!

Take your time. Waluigi will simply be made better.
Also, now that [the] my internet is back, I can now think on some new ideas to make Waluigi project get larger and larger....

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I wonder if they managed to fix the landing lag bug yet.

I have a BAir idea for Waluigi that I was just going to add to a fangame idea I have and that's been bugging me for a while, but I just want to get it out there just in case. I can hope, can't I?

It's a 2-hit combo. He strikes backwards with his racket, then kicks the opponent immediately afterwards.

Top Bottom