• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to add Waluigi on event matches? If so do it for Event Number 19: Wario Bros as an Allie. It's almost silly that he's not in any events.. You should also replace Bowser with Waluigi on Co-op event Number 8: ALL MINE!

(These are just suggestions probably not possible yet)

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Is this project dead? Neither person has posted here in a while...

PND

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I finally got my computer set up again. I've moved a couple of times since this project started and have been really busy with life stuff. I also just started up a texture blog, the link is in my sig. Sometime tonight or tomorrow ALL of the Waluigi textures will be available for download -- as well as my next non-Waluigi texture.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long but sometimes stuff comes up in life.

SkyClaw

Smash Rookie
hmm im really excited about this waluigi project i cant wait for him to be 100% finished (with his own square so we dnt have to replace ppl)
but i was wondering is it possible for you guys(or someone else) to do this same thing with Lyn and Isaac
and other assit trophies if so i'd be really excited and i might be able to find ppl that can help with this project(i cant) but i might kno some ppl
-thanks

SkyClaw

Smash Rookie
hmm im really excited about this waluigi project i cant wait for him to be 100% finished (with his own square so we dnt have to replace ppl)
but i was wondering is it possible for you guys(or someone else) to do this same thing with Lyn and Isaac
and other assit trophies if so i'd be really excited and i might be able to find ppl that can help with this project(i cant) but i might kno some ppl
-thanks

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Hello, as you can tell I'm new here, but I've been lurking around this place for about a month or so. ^^; Allow me to start by saying you guys are pretty phenomenal with these hacks, I never thought Assist Trophies would become playable. I'm no hacker but I catch on quickly, I've managed to follow info here and there to hack my own Wii (Never had the guts to do it long ago) and I've just about figured out how to work Homebrew and Gecko OS (Yes, I'm a n00b...) And I have a question, it's about Waluigi and pretty much the other replacements availible (And under construction). Though I've downloaded everything necessary and followed instructions as listed, I seem to only get Red and Yellow Alloy, I've put the GCT file in the "Codes" file yet I'm only given Red and Yellow Alloy, I even tried the same with the 0.2 Knuckle Joe... am I missing something?

I apologize for the long introduction.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Glad to hear your back PND :)

I've still been working on Waluigi from time to time, it's just that I'm really not sure what to do next. I mean sure theres plenty of refining work that can be done on his moves and animations, but it's these glitches I'm trying to get rid of as they are more important, and I just can't find a solution no matter what new idea I conjur up. I might as well release the next version soon with the little work I did do, including the texture work (not char textures, I mean CSP and what not)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Glad to hear your back PND :)

I've still been working on Waluigi from time to time, it's just that I'm really not sure what to do next. I mean sure theres plenty of refining work that can be done on his moves and animations, but it's these glitches I'm trying to get rid of as they are more important, and I just can't find a solution no matter what new idea I conjur up. I might as well release the next version soon with the little work I did do, including the texture work (not char textures, I mean CSP and what not)
Well, if you want to do so, then fine. The others will be excited, but... I'd rather wait for a Waluigi that doesn't freeze mid-match and has new moves. ;)

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you want to do so, then fine. The others will be excited, but... I'd rather wait for a Waluigi that doesn't freeze mid-match and has new moves. ;)
+1
Take your time. It's just good to know he hasn't been abandoned.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, no export for you just yet.

I've been interested in this project since the beginning, but I've been hesitant to get it until it can run in a fully-stable form with a full moveset and all.

You mentioned something about eventually giving him B moves, right?

MegaAntMan1

Smash Cadet
no, i mean on how to get waluigi via the 'homebrew' thing, i just dont know how... im such an idiot :-( how do you get waluigi on cheatmanager? how does the whole thing work, do you put all the files into one notepad.txt or what? i am seriously stuck please help

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Woa, really awesome hack...
I can't wait to test it on Emulator...
Yes, I have Smash too on Wii, but I don't want to lose the savefile, etc...
I think waluigi portrait on character select can be like that:

Thanks to http://www.mariokartwii.com/members/psychowaluigi/
For this awesome sprite/portrait!
Really thanks :]
I hope this image was good... :D​

This sprite is good to put on character selection!!!

EDIT:Well... when I gonna download this (my internet are so bad, and are not downloading) I gonna test on emulator... because my wii is not bricked :]
EDIT2: Now have downloaded... There are someway to test on emulator? (DOLPHIN)

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Very nice... This is cool for put Subspace...
Because is from subspace....
That's very nice, congratz!

MegaAntMan1

Smash Cadet
please, i am BEGGING anyone who knows, please write an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide on how to use the files with all the correct programmes covering EVERY. LITTLE. DETAIL. and how to access the codes within the GCT files and other files you get with the download on page 1!!! :-(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I already have all texture work done, the only thing I didn't have were the stock icons so much thanks for the work Xypher. I had other stock icons but they wouldnt import correctly into BrawlBox so hopefully the ones you posted will work.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
MegaAntMan1, if you need any help in getting Waluigi to help, people in the Tutorials/FAQs/Help forum will be happy to help you in getting Waluigi working.

Please leave this thread for feedback/general comments.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Does someone have the .txt file for the gct?

I want to just stick Waluigi into my existing codeset rather than have to use a new one.

MegaAntMan1

Smash Cadet
well, bionic sonic, mabey i would stop complaining IF POEPLE MADE IT EASIER TO DO INSTED OF HAVING TO BUST OUR BALLS TRYING TO FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT FOR OURSELVES!!! WHY NOT JUST POST THE 1 COMPLETED DOCUMENT/TXT FILE OR WHAT EVER SAY 'HERE YOU ARE, LOAD ONTO SD DO HOMEBREW (OR ANY OTHER PROGRAMME) AND CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW CHARACTER!!!' MABEY THEN I'LL STOP COMPLAINING!!!

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
well, bionic sonic, mabey i would stop complaining IF POEPLE MADE IT EASIER TO DO INSTED OF HAVING TO BUST OUR BALLS TRYING TO FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT FOR OURSELVES!!! WHY NOT JUST POST THE 1 COMPLETED DOCUMENT/TXT FILE OR WHAT EVER SAY 'HERE YOU ARE, LOAD ONTO SD DO HOMEBREW (OR ANY OTHER PROGRAMME) AND CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW CHARACTER!!!' MABEY THEN I'LL STOP COMPLAINING!!!
Do you fail to notice that this in not a help thread?
Since this is not a help thread, nobody will help you.
If you want help, go to tutorials and Q&A

For homebrew:
google homebrew and get it
google Gecko OS and get it

I remember there being a forum that had the easiest guide to homebrew. google and find it. Then, all your problems will be solved.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
u mad?

Waluigi no win this time?

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hey, but its possible to run on dolphin?
I don't want to corrupt the save on original wii, btw my wii don't support homebrew channel :]
I'm askin this for the 3rd time, and no one replied me -_-

Revven

FrankerZ
It is however, you won't be able to play as him as he's an Alloy and as far as I know, Dolphin doesn't support Ocarina. You need to either use the non-Homebrew Channel method called StackSmash or have the HBC in order to do this and it will not affect your save file as long as you have the codes that Chibo has listed in the OP.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It is however, you won't be able to play as him as he's an Alloy and as far as I know, Dolphin doesn't support Ocarina. You need to either use the non-Homebrew Channel method called StackSmash or have the HBC in order to do this and it will not affect your save file as long as you have the codes that Chibo has listed in the OP.
So, said codes are GUARANTEED to not affect your save file? Because *especially* the No-Wreck My Music code is unreliable... :(

Revven

FrankerZ
So, said codes are GUARANTEED to not affect your save file? Because *especially* the No-Wreck My Music code is unreliable... :(
I wouldn't say guaranteed but, at least a LOW CHANCE of happening.

And even if it does mess up your my music, the reset codes fix it anyway. Making a back-up of your save file is also easy to do so it's not like you're taking a huge risk anyway. =\

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I wouldn't say guaranteed but, at least a LOW CHANCE of happening.

And even if it does mess up your my music, the reset codes fix it anyway. Making a back-up of your save file is also easy to do so it's not like you're taking a huge risk anyway. =\
There's no such thing as a huge risk with Waluigi. :)

I just don't know where to find those codes anymore. :( But I don't understand. The code says "Others DON'T Wreck My Music"...

And no, I am unaware of how to backup my save.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
There's no such thing as a huge risk with Waluigi. :)

I just don't know where to find those codes anymore. :( But I don't understand. The code says "Others DON'T Wreck My Music"...

And no, I am unaware of how to backup my save.
Use homebrew to remove the No-copy flag from your Brawl save then copy it to an SD card, or alternatively, use BootMii to make an entire NAND backup.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Use homebrew to remove the No-copy flag from your Brawl save then copy it to an SD card, or alternatively, use BootMii to make an entire NAND backup.
That simple? OK then. I'll do that when I play Brawl next.

Chibo, by "texture work" did you mean that you got multiple Wa textures to work?

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Oh, man, my roommate is going to poop himself when he sees this!
I was playing around with it this morning and having loads of fun. Thanks!

Had the freeze glitch from landing holding backwards after the third jump. But, like in the video, it was just after my opponent was KO'd. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Top Bottom