• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible that Nintendo could of still kept in The Male and Female Wireframes from Melee? Since Brawl is basically an updated version of Melee. If so, creating a CSS code for the Male Wireframe then placing Waluigi over the Male Wireframe. That would be great since the game never uses him in MMB unlike the Red Alloy.

If the Wireframes were deleted or replaced, then I guess it's back to the Red Alloy.

Who did you place that portrait over? Red Alloy (Captain Falcon portrait?)?
Although I didn't make the portrait, (Chibo) It was placed over Captain Falcon's portrait. By selecting Captain Falcon's portrait, it allows access to Red Alloy AKA Waluigi.

LSDX

Wah!
Is it possible that Nintendo could of still kept in The Male and Female Wireframes from Melee? Since Brawl is basically a updated downgraded version of Melee.
fix'd

No no, surely I jest.

Sakurai wouldn't keep them in, Brawl is a totally different game who's engine and mainframe are completely different from Melee's and 64's.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I suppose the motorcycle is a bad idea as I thought of it, but I suppose we should make Waluigi more of a wacky "Sword" character rather than a Wario character and the most unique one of all next to Snake.QUOTE]

I would disagree with the "Sword" Character concept for Waluigi, It would be much more of a wacky cartoon effect if he drew Striking Items from out of nowhere. To me the Tennis Racket in hand at all times sort of puts the waluigi character off.

I also have a suggestion for a final smash, Waluigi's Wild Wrangle.

He summons a capsule from Mario Party and he summons a raging chain chomp the roughly 3/5 the size of Giga Bowser, whom waluigi rides along the stage, causing damage to whoever it runs into, and for an extra kick for offense, pressing B to chomp, at the last couple of seconds of the final smash you lose control of the movements, just like Pikachu's Final Smash.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I suppose the motorcycle is a bad idea as I thought of it, but I suppose we should make Waluigi more of a wacky "Sword" character rather than a Wario character and the most unique one of all next to Snake.QUOTE]

I would disagree with the "Sword" Character concept for Waluigi, It would be much more of a wacky cartoon effect if he drew Striking Items from out of nowhere. To me the Tennis Racket in hand at all times sort of puts the waluigi character off.

I also have a suggestion for a final smash, Waluigi's Wild Wrangle.

He summons a capsule from Mario Party and he summons a raging chain chomp the roughly 3/5 the size of Giga Bowser, whom waluigi rides along the stage, causing damage to whoever it runs into, and for an extra kick for offense, pressing B to chomp, at the last couple of seconds of the final smash you lose control of the movements, just like Pikachu's Final Smash.
I still prefer the tennis racket being out all the time.
I really like your idea for his FS. The only change I would make is that pressing A should cause the chop to hop. His hop should only be high enough to reach the lower platforms on battle field.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Okay, this is turning into a thread where people have no clue how the raw game works.

You can't take away the tennis racket because Brawl considers it an extension of his arm.

We can't add specials yet.

Give suggestions for A-moves.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's actually more than just that Linkshot, it's turned into a thread where people aren't reading ANY of the older pages looking for the answers to their questions that had already been asked.

Not only that but they are needlessly posting ideas when I'm sure Chibo and PNDMike already have ideas down anyway. They will ask for ideas when they don't have any.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Okay, this is turning into a thread where people have no clue how the raw game works.

You can't take away the tennis racket because Brawl considers it an extension of his arm.

Give suggestions for A-moves.
I believe that this is understood. Gust's post, along with what has already been accepted, should cover all A-moves, however, it has been pointed out multiple times that while Walugi Pinball FS is an excellent idea, it is a bit out of our reach. Xypher's idea is much sooner achievable once alloys are able to use B.

It's actually more than just that Linkshot, it's turned into a thread where people aren't reading ANY of the older pages looking for the answers to their questions that had already been asked.

Not only that but they are needlessly posting ideas when I'm sure Chibo and PNDMike already have ideas down anyway. They will ask for ideas when they don't have any.
You've accurately described everything thread on every forum- this thread is actually fairly neat.

I'm sure that they will ask for a lack of peer input when they feel they are done benefiting from it. A gathering of ideas(including stupid ones, of course) is a big part of the reason for this thread.

Also, as I understood it, it has been suggested that we could remove the racket from Waluigi at anytime by shrinking it to (near)nothingness. I assumed the only reason this was not done already was because including the racket is preferred by Chibo and/or PNDMike. Perhaps I misunderstood.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
please don't get rid of the tennis racket. getting rid of that would result in pretty much ruining the whole wacky feature of Waluigi. it just wouldn't feel complete without the racket.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Dude, this is about Waluigi, not Shadow. :(

Anyway, have you tried porting Wa on Olimar as someone suggested a while back? I'd like to free up Red Alloy as he's also used for other awesome chars.
That was me, and he PM'd me and said it didn't work.

Anyway, Chibo, I figured you should know, Mr. Weegee made a "code" that allows Alloys to use specials, and he said he could use it to give them shields and (I think) dodges. If you paid more attention to my thread, you would know this already.;)

That's right everyone, time to freak out, Alloys can have specials.

You've been served. Twice, actually, because the tennis racket can be deleted using SqLeon's Polygon Deleter.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
It seems that SSBB has almost every type of character: From sword characters to Hands-On characters, including High-Tech weapon characters like Snake to characters who use their powers like Pikatchu, or a character that uses their helpers to help them, (Ash, Olimar).

A Wacky Sword Character is all what this game needs..... badly.

Anyway, Chibo, I figured you should know, Mr. Weegee made a "code" that allows Alloys to use specials, and he said he could use it to give them shields and (I think) dodges. If you paid more attention to my thread, you would know this already.;)

That's right everyone, time to freak out, Alloys CAN have specials.
Anyway, yes I am currently getting ready to jump out the window in excitement because of the new creation of the code. Can't wait for V.05!!!

manman1235

Smash Cadet
It seems that SSBB has almost every type of character: From sword characters to Hands-On characters, including High-Tech weapon characters like Snake to characters who use their powers like Pikatchu, or a character that uses their helpers to help them, (Ash, Olimar).

A Wacky Sword Character is all what this game needs..... badly.

Anyway, yes I am currently getting ready to jump out the window in excitement because of the new creation of the code. Can't wait for V.05!!!
Same here!
OFF TOPIC: Did anyone ever notice that PND and Chibo don't post much and it's their thread? Oh well, I guess if I was creating Brawl history, I'd be busy, too. Also, someone wanted to know about Shadow, I'm gonna make him, but I need to know how to get the data on my CPU, then learn about BrawlBox, if you know how to take data from your Wii disc or where to download, PM me please! :) :laugh: :bee: :embarrass :( ;) :dizzy: :confused: :mad: :ohwell: :lick: :chuckle: :p :urg: :psycho: :kirby2: :metaknight: :dedede:

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I'm also looking forward to V .05. But as much work as it must be for Chibo and SND, I dont think that waluigi out of all nintendo characters should be the innovative wacky sword character. Wario in his Wacky antics are rather fun and obscure due to the fact he moves fast and brings things out of nothing, surely Waluigi should follow this principal.

Game & Watch Suits the category of Wacky Swords moreso than anyone using his smash attacks anyway.

Also a suggestion for an Up B move if i have not mentioned that already,
Spring shoes, to bounce near sonics Up B height. As a comical means he should fall back down screaming and flailing his arms and legs about whilst falling down head first, to land as luigi would only his legs are poking out the ground to take upon a Half Wario Half Luigi take.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I'm also looking forward to V .05. But as much work as it must be for Chibo and SND, I dont think that waluigi out of all nintendo characters should be the innovative wacky sword character. Wario in his Wacky antics are rather fun and obscure due to the fact he moves fast and brings things out of nothing, surely Waluigi should follow this principal.

Game & Watch Suits the category of Wacky Swords moreso than anyone using his smash attacks anyway.

Also a suggestion for an Up B move if i have not mentioned that already,
Spring shoes, to bounce near sonics Up B height. As a comical means he should fall back down screaming and flailing his arms and legs about whilst falling down head first, to land as luigi would only his legs are poking out the ground to take upon a Half Wario Half Luigi take.
i agree that that is a quite suitable up-b for waluigi. i dont think the screaming would be possible, though.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yup. That's cool! Weegee's code edits the actual Motion pac itself. Amazing! No need for another code like the ones to access the Alloys!

Chibo, tell me you read that! :D

Too bad it doesn't solve the landing lag problem...

Revven

FrankerZ
That's actually... nothing new, that's what Eldiran had suggested would need to be done, so really Weegee didn't discover anything new. :|

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That's actually... nothing new, that's what Eldiran had suggested would need to be done, so really Weegee didn't discover anything new. :|
Kinda makes one wonder what took so long for someone to actually try it, doesn't it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The specails thing rly doesnt change much actually. I've already somewhat tried it just messing around myself before, but he had a nice way of doing it. As in terms of limitations you can only use one animation per special (compared to normal ones, like Diddys popgun has like 12 animations lol) and everything has to be in one block of code, however its really not bad at all.

The main problem is though the amount of lines it needs. Alloys have file size restricitions and Waluigi is at the edge. I'm going to try and do it anyway though.

Sry about taking so long for the next version though, I've been so busy the fast week or two, and everything I'm bout to work on it more and release it new stuff comes out that I can do to make it better. First the new BrawlBox and now the Specials stuff.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
This is off topic but..... What if this guy was in Brawl?

Lol, I just saw Terminator Salvation (you can watch it for free at Davidmovie.com, it's an awesome site!), anyway, great job on Waluigi.

I do think Waluigi shouldn't have the advantage of floating through the air. If you keep it in, he will only be the character usually availible with it.

By the way, is there a code yet that makes characters heavier and not-so-floaty?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
So from what I've read, you guys ARE keeping the racket in his hand? I just wanna know so i could come up with some moveset suggestions.

I'm pretty much a noob in these parts of the forum but I am insanely bored in the hospital and need to occupy my time. I'm going to start working on a character as soon as i get home to my actual computer ( can't open brawlbox on a netbook ) so for now thinking of movesets should suffice.

Anyways things are looking great so far, keep up the amazing work.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can people for real please stop suggesting other characters here? I'm now reporting all posts as spam. I don't want to be "mean," but it really does just clog up a thread about Waluigi.

PW already explained the size problem with PSA. He wasn't aware of size restrictions for characters so iirc it saves all new data to the end of the file resulting in larger file sizes. The more you edit it and save it the larger it is. What I'm going to try and do is take a fresh Red Alloy file and redo all the changes I've made so far in one step and then save it, which should result in a smaller file size.

This is actually good because I have another idea or two for fixing grabs, so I can now temporarily remap LiO to like down B so I can have grabs back again.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yes, as of now we plan to keep the racket

i was originally against it, but later figured that it just opens up the possibility for so many different attacks, and since its already on there...
might as well

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Might be a stupid question but how exactly did you get Waluigi to have Win and Lose animations?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Now that Special moves have been enabled, It is a good idea to reconsider the Final Smash.

Here is a simple visual image of what his final smash SHOULD be like, although not accurate:

Although it is probably not going to be added due to the hard programming and the awfull time it would take, here is an explanation on the attack that was "Re-thought-of" by me:

● All characters that are opponents of Waluigi appear inside the Machine, virtually stuck and cannot be Ko'd (except through the gutter) but would rather gain damage instead (from the Pinball of course).

● The player who got the Final Smash [Waluigi] will control the Pinball Machine and will have the same limit of time as Snake's Final Smash, so cause as much damage(In general, the flippers and the spring) as you can.

● The Pinball machine only has one Pinball in it, so if it goes in the gutter, the attack is over and the stage will go back to normal.

● Items do not spawn inside the machine.

● Once the attack is over, the Pinball Machine transforms back to the regular stage almost as if it was not interupted but the only thing that will change is the damage scale or the number of lives lost.

● Waluigi Pinball music plays in background.

Tell me what ya' think. :)

Oh Chibo, if you manage to fix it where grabs are possible, then you should instead make the "Laugh It Off" his shield since it's an awesome idea.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Laugh it off should be moreso a taunt, look at Luigi's shuffle kick taunt. Causes Damage, Waluigi I think should go one better to near counteract that kick, and use laugh it off as a flinchless defense as a taunt.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Oh, if you want to program the Pinball Machine attack, could you use the same programming (for the flippers) as the one in the built in computer game Pinball? If you can't, use Wario's final smash for now. (Just a suggestion)

michaelofmtbottle

Smash Rookie
Laugh it off should be moreso a taunt, look at Luigi's shuffle kick taunt. Causes Damage, Waluigi I think should go one better to near counteract that kick, and use laugh it off as a flinchless defense as a taunt.
I agree with that. However...

I have NOT read all the posts, so I don't know if it's already been mentoined, but is there any progression in actually giving Alloys Special Moves and Taunts? I'm not very updated on these things, I apologize. I looked for a while for it, but I found nothing. I'm assuming that somebody is working on it, considering this whole concept came up where playable Alloys (which in this case is, of course, Waluigi) are important.

I worked for a long time on making a "fourth" Super Smash Bros. (Clash - before I knew that it was already being worked on by too many people). I have some special moves for Waluigi if you like.

I'm gonna type it straight from my fun little "Clash Archive". This is from a document titled "SSBC Characters - Special Moves".

Waluigi (wall jump) (crawl)
STANDARD: Tennis Racket*
UP: Waluigi Cyclone**
DOWN: Stomp***
SIDE: Bob-omb Toss
GRAB: Grab (nothing special)
FINAL SMASH: (both of them sucked, so I'm just gonna... yeah.)****

* The Tennis Racket was used as a Forward Smash, apparently. Not bad, actually better than what I had, because I was "procrastinating" on Smash Attacks. Good job.

** Waluigi Cyclone would be similar to the spin effect in Super Mario Galaxy. Except, you know, a little more recovery involved.

*** The Stomp graphic I was imagining, you already used. Like the Tennis Racket, good job. One thing though, I was using my Stomp to actually carry out the bury (ground)/Meteor Smash (midair) effect, like Donkey Kong's Headbutt. Just an idea.

**** I say "both of THEM" (plural, to those not so fast [just kidding]) because in "Clash", you would press the Normal Move Button to initiate a more physical Final Smash (Mario Finale, Blue Falcon), and a transformation or something (Giga Bowser, Super Sonic) would be the Special Move Button. Not an idea, just explaining why I said it plural.

I read somewhere around here something about less landing lag? I agree, please try to fix that (unless you have a good, presentable reason for longer lag).

Other than any errors I mentioned, I really like your Waluigi project and plan on checking in on it often! Had a huge fight with my dad just to download it. Good luck!

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
final smash

waluigi's final smash? Well, waluigi pinball is obviously impossible (at the moment). one said use warios final smash...WaluigiMan? come on! I say his final smash (at least for now until waluigi pinball is possible or something better comes up) should be mario's final smash but purple. i think it really suits waluigi and he does need a little bit of epicness.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I agree with that. However...

I have NOT read all the posts, so I don't know if it's already been mentoined, but is there any progression in actually giving Alloys Special Moves and Taunts? I'm not very updated on these things, I apologize. I looked for a while for it, but I found nothing. I'm assuming that somebody is working on it, considering this whole concept came up where playable Alloys (which in this case is, of course, Waluigi) are important.

I worked for a long time on making a "fourth" Super Smash Bros. (Clash - before I knew that it was already being worked on by too many people). I have some special moves for Waluigi if you like.

I'm gonna type it straight from my fun little "Clash Archive". This is from a document titled "SSBC Characters - Special Moves".

Waluigi (wall jump) (crawl)
STANDARD: Tennis Racket*
UP: Waluigi Cyclone**
DOWN: Stomp***
SIDE: Bob-omb Toss
GRAB: Grab (nothing special)
FINAL SMASH: (both of them sucked, so I'm just gonna... yeah.)****

* The Tennis Racket was used as a Forward Smash, apparently. Not bad, actually better than what I had, because I was "procrastinating" on Smash Attacks. Good job.

** Waluigi Cyclone would be similar to the spin effect in Super Mario Galaxy. Except, you know, a little more recovery involved.

*** The Stomp graphic I was imagining, you already used. Like the Tennis Racket, good job. One thing though, I was using my Stomp to actually carry out the bury (ground)/Meteor Smash (midair) effect, like Donkey Kong's Headbutt. Just an idea.

**** I say "both of THEM" (plural, to those not so fast [just kidding]) because in "Clash", you would press the Normal Move Button to initiate a more physical Final Smash (Mario Finale, Blue Falcon), and a transformation or something (Giga Bowser, Super Sonic) would be the Special Move Button. Not an idea, just explaining why I said it plural.

I read somewhere around here something about less landing lag? I agree, please try to fix that (unless you have a good, presentable reason for longer lag).

Other than any errors I mentioned, I really like your Waluigi project and plan on checking in on it often! Had a huge fight with my dad just to download it. Good luck!
alloys can now have special moves, shields, and (i think) dodges.

Top Bottom