• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that'd be intgeresting but u can't change the character with the texture. anyway, I fixed the error I came across. can't wait for next versions release

PND

Smash Champion
Dick Dastardly:

Im in ur Brawl

Sabotagin' ur masheens n' cheetin 2 win

Didn't turn out quite as well as I expected. An interesting note -- his racket takes on the color scheme of whoever he is facing. That's quite. . . Dastardly.

Costume also available in Purple.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Beautiful **** Dastardly alt, PND. =']

More unique colors, especially those that fit with team colors, are welcome to me. =]

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Amazing Select Screen Chibo and COOL TEXTURES MIKE!!!

By the way, for the Announcer voice, do this: Take the first part of "Wario" so it should be "Wa" and then take "Luigi" and add it to that and make that his name the announcer calls him = "Waluigi". Is that even possible or do you have to go by the ones ALREADY in the game?

toddtj

Smash Apprentice

By the way, for the Announcer voice, do this: Take the first part of "Wario" so it should be "Wa" and then take "Luigi" and add it to that and make that his name the announcer calls him = "Waluigi". Is that even possible or do you have to go by the ones ALREADY in the game?
I doubt this is possible. If there was a way to terminate sounds mid play, Ganondorf's Warlock Punch sound would end when your interrupted.

EDIT: This reminds me, how goes the sound effects of Waluigi? Have you successfully given him any from either his assist trophy, or Wario?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I doubt this is possible. If there was a way to terminate sounds mid play, Ganondorf's Warlock Punch sound would end when your interrupted.

EDIT: This reminds me, how goes the sound effects of Waluigi? Have you successfully given him any from either his assist trophy, or Wario?
True about Ganondorf, but my dad somtimes plays as Captain Falcon right? So, he greatly overuses the Falcon Punch ok? I have noticed that when the Captain is attacked while executing the attack he says FALCON- but dosn't finish PUNCH. I understand what your saying. But there should be a way to to edit and cut pieces of the voices in the game. It probably isn't possible right now, but maybe very soon in the near future.....

EDIT:

I don't have hombrew yet, but I will get it soon. When V.05 comes out I should get it and try out Waluigi. And yes, I think some of Waluigi's assist trophy's sound effects would be appropiate, so yes for that. Because there arn't enough for an entire character, for Waluigi's raquet swing it should be Peach's Raquet, Golf Club, and the Pan sound effects.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@PNDMike: nice texture!

Stop Sfx
0A030100: Stop a sound effect. The value you put in is the ID of the sound effect that will be stopped.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman

Do you think this idea is good since you found it is now possible!?

Also, Im advertizing this thread on some other chat (xat) to get it popular. I wan't this project on Waluigi to GROW BIG!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Mike- **** Dastardly looks awesome! Great work!

@Chibo- Oh wow! Nice job putting him on the select screen! Can't wait for v0.05 release.

@Terminator- If you go to the sound test, you'll hear that "Falcon" and "Punch" are two different sound files.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
@Terminator- If you go to the sound test, you'll hear that "Falcon" and "Punch" are two different sound files.
Exactly, but:
Stop Sfx
0A030100: Stop a sound effect. The value you put in is the ID of the sound effect that will be stopped.
Apparently Nintendo didn't think it was worth the effort.

I think it sounds like an awesome idea- it will sound really weird, but I would be entertained, haha.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
It would so weird as you said Todd, but what were trying to do is make Waluigi really wacky. He is already becoming the definition of that, but it seems that Brawl has done many things like that to other characters. Such as the fact that Solid Snake's cardboard box can score a KO on you or the fact that Kirby has those weird hats he gets when he sucks up Characters. Have you seen him throw Snake's Grenade before?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Eldrian/toddtj- Would it be easier to just record the "Wa" and "Luigi," put them together in a music editing prog, convert that to brtsm, replace some other sound file no ones ever hears and have the game call that when Waluigi is chosen? Is this possible?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Eldrian/toddtj- Would it be easier to just record the "Wa" and "Luigi," put them together in a music editing prog, convert that to brtsm, replace some other sound file no ones ever hears and have the game call that when Waluigi is chosen? Is this possible?
Well, we can't replace specific sound effects yet. If we replace an entire song and try to play that, it will screw up any custom song currently playing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unfortunately less, small trade off

and when hes a normal character i can still use the resources for an original CSP

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
That CSP of Waluigi looks fantastic, Chibo! I can't wait to see him in all of his alt costumes in a CSP as well. ;]

PNDMike, did you make 12 colors for Waluigi yet, by chance? 2 team colors each?

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
I've been keeping an eye at this thread almost since it started and I must say great work! I was a BIG supporter for Waluigi to be playable to begin with so I just can't wait for this to be complete!

Something that I would like to contribute is custom sound for Waluigi (I know it isn't possible to add it yet, but in the future hopefully it is). I used to do songs out of complete boredom with his voice (Although they all got removed because YouTube closed by account since Jingle Bell Rock is apparently a copyrighted song) so if you would like, I'd contribute whatever sounds or phrases you'd want Waluigi to say

Here is a sample I did for a Win Taunt (Referring DX/The Crotch Chop) - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35632/Waluigi.mp3

PND

Smash Champion
I think once the new BrawlBox is released we'll be able to import custom sound effects, so that would definitely help us out a ton!

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Well, personally, PNDMike, I'd prefer some of those colors to change so they could be made into more unique colors, like the **** Dastardly. That and I REALLY think that you should change Bluigi. Someone else said this too already, but we think that Blue Waluigi looks almost exactly the same as his normal color, barely blue on his clothes at all. I think the same should go for his Green/white as well.

I'd like to see his alt colors, for teams, looking something like this:

Red:
- Orange/Red
- Mario

Blue:
- Blue/Purple (Brighter, more obvious blue, with a brighter purple for overalls. Like berries)
- White/Blue (Though that could look more unique too. Maybe inverted, for bright blue clothes, and white overalls? It'd be like G&W's cyan color.)

Green:
- Green/Orange (It can be bright like Mario's Smash 64 green costume. A cool bright green with orange overalls.)
- Luigi

Lastly, I'm repeating myself, I think some of his alt costumes that aren't team colors should be more unique. I mean really. There are FOUR red colors for Waluigi already. He only needs two. And I think that the orange/red is very unique and is similar to Luigi's pink/red, which is great, and the Mario is great. I find the red/black and red/white to be unneeded.

I think that someone could maybe make some unique colors like this:

Canadian -> Banana Suit. The banana suit consists of a pale yellow for the main clothes, brown for overalls, and brighter, bolder yellow for the shoes. This banana suit is one of the more popular G&W textures I've recolored. Here is an example of how it'd look. Ignore the terrible art. =P

Red/Black -> Pink/Yellow/???. This is what I call the baby suit. I only say baby, because I use bright/pale colors that you'd see on a baby's clothing. I have no idea on how the buttons/shoes should look, actually. But I think the pink/pale yellow looks cool/funny.

The main thing about these alt costumes that I like, is that they don't use a color, main color, anyway, that was already used, and that no Mario/Luigi/Wario has them as a costume already.

I hope my ideas are taken into consideration. I'm all up for this project. <3 Waluigi, and I hope he can appear in the finished Brawl+.

PND

Smash Champion
Well I just mass produced the alt colors. If we end up putting Waluigi over Luigi when the Model Importer comes around he'll only have 6, or if we put him over Wario he'll have 12. It all depends on who we replace. So basically, I made them so that the user can customize the palettes that Waluigi uses -- it's all up to personal taste. Most of the recolours that I released so far were actually requests for other people -- the only ones that were my design were Firey, Jungle, and Canadian. Maybe once he's closer to a competitive release we'll hold a poll for the most popular costumes and include those in the download.

Oh, and the blue only looks so similar because of the background it was shot on. I shouldn't have shot a blue costume on a blue background -- it's deceptive. When put in game he's noticeably blue-r. I like your Banana color suggestion -- Next batch of recolours I make I'll probably include that one.

I'd love to do way more custom textures for Waluigi -- I just lack inspiration. Like, I have no idea what to do with him. D.Dastardly was inspired because I was watching some old Wacky Races cartoon with my little bro -- if you have any ideas for more customized textures shoot them my way, I'll make them for sure. I'm just out of ideas. :s

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Can you "burn" Waluigi to the Brawl disk? So he becomes an exact perminent character without using the hacking tools (Hombrew or Gecko OS) to play as him?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Thats a shame, because that means he won't become an offical character. I wish we could edit the game like Nintendo could, just if we had the right tools and codes.....

PND

Smash Champion
He'll never be an "official" character -- all the official characters are already playable in the game. :p The best we can hope for is for him to be balanced and viable enough to have both B+ and vBrawl support.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
By the way, do you think you should delete Waluigi from the list of Assist Trophys so there arn't two Waluigis if he is released while the real playable one is there?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
If you're hosting a tournament with ATs, count me in =P

Anyhow, I guess I'm just a bit patriotic but I really think Canadian should be kept... maybe for a red costume or something.

If Waluigi gets to the point where he no longer crashes, idk why he wouldn't be allowed in tournaments.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
It would require a lot of testing and balancing, which some people are against because they are already balancing and testing the other 39 or so characters.

Basically, it might throw a lot of things off if he isn't close to perfectly balanced when he is complete. But I'm sure Waluigi likes that...

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I too, love the idea of having Waluigi as a playable character. I got Homebrew back today and the first thing I did was add Waluigi to my game.

My problem seems to be I can't fight many characters while using him. The game freezes when I try to fight characters such as Mario, Captain Falcon, and Marth.
The only character I seem to have managed to get him able to fight against, when I'm typing this up that is, would be Olimar.

It may have to do with the fact that mario, CF and Marth had hacks on them, whereas Olimar did not.

So, I moved all the other hacks of Brawl off of my SD card, and yet it still freezes. I was wondering if anyone could shine a light onto my little problem.

Top Bottom