• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Would it be too good or too bad if Copy gave Kirby all his opponents B moves instead of just neutral-B? I'd figure it'd be a ***** to code, but just throwing that out there on the case of making Kirby more interesting.
Thia Idea makes me chuckle. However I wouldn't mind seeing it. If some drawbacks were added or it kirby's neutralB was harder to pull off. still I think kirby would actually be fun to play like that.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Thia Idea makes me chuckle. However I wouldn't mind seeing it. If some drawbacks were added or it kirby's neutralB was harder to pull off. still I think kirby would actually be fun to play like that.
There's so much work involved in doing something like this. I think it's outside the scope of a project whose main objective is to have a Melee-like experience.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can't even think of how to do that, and once we figured it out we'd have to then implement every single down B and up B in the game. (Squirtle Kirby down B = Charizard Kirby what)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yeah, I can't even think of how to do that, and once we figured it out we'd have to then implement every single down B and up B in the game. (Squirtle Kirby down B = Charizard Kirby what)
It would actually take an entire new project to complete this but it would be neat I think. Aside from that I personally dont care what happens to kirby. He's basically invisible to since his 64 days. I played him up until I discovered Captain Falcon ;)

humble

Smash Ace
In my mind, I always see kirby as a character with a great combo game, and great throws for combos. Like in brawl, f-throw to uair to utilt, then read their airdodge and pivot grab them to reset. In P:M we should emphasize that if we are going to do anything to kirby. Make his attacks link better and combo, the hitstun increase should help with that.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Currently, Kirby can be punished for successfully landing swallow. The move doesn't need any nerfs at all.

Also, is Snake keeping his ridiculous tilt size? I know you guys are going off of the brawl+ pacs, so probably not. But Marth's getting his grab lean and range again so...

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I tried to introduce P:M , but some Japanese didn't like so much. They told me half-finished transplantation of motion would make player disappointed.
I told them that the team would fix it, perhaps.
Is it OK? Or are you really going to only transplant Melee's moves?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I tried to introduce P:M , but some Japanese didn't like so much. They told me half-finished transplantation of motion would make player disappointed.
I told them that the team would fix it, perhaps.
Is it OK? Or are you really going to transplant Melee's moves?
It is my understanding that the Transplantation will be 100% or as close to it as possible otherwise they probably will be scrapped. The general Idea is to make the moves look and feel as close to melee as possible or the project will be unsuccessful. However I have faith in the team and I'm sure by the time this is Completed everything will be smooth.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Half-finished transplantation of motion?

If they're judging based upon a build you showed them recently, then I'd certainly wouldn't be surprised that things are still only half-finished. Could you be more specific, perhaps?

As for transplanting Melee moves, the general rule of thumb is that if it was more useful in Melee and it's not too difficult to program then it will be 'transplanted.'

If a lower tier character got a better version of a move in Brawl(+), then it may be used instead.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
i Showed Them This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urtjf-h7zhs&feature=related

This Transplantation, I Thought, Looks Unnatural A Little...
If You Are Making Entirely New Moves, I 'll Correct My Remarks In Japanese Forum...
あれを作った人はpmには関係がないんですけど…
我々は自分でそのアニメーションを作り直してみます。
編集>ところで、あのBBSへのリンクをくれませんか。

Rikana

Smash Champion
I showed them this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrtJf-H7zHs&feature=related

This transplantation, I thought, looks unnatural a little...
If you are making entirely new moves, I 'll correct my remarks in Japanese forum...
You showed them something that the team didn't create? That's kind of misleading them if you ask me.

Wait for the next trailer that Shanus is working on. This way you show them something that's much more polished AND from the staff.. in its alpha form.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I apologize if I did something bad...
Because I saw the contributer's comment , I misunderstood and thought this, or like this, would be used in P:M...
Anyway I'm sorry.

D

Deleted member

You know what would be awesome?

Yep, you guessed it. The incrediably manly Usmash from Capt. Falcon in SSB64.

It's not Meleeesque, but one can dream.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@Wind Owl
Thanks for using Japanese! But this is English forum, I try to understand English( we study English in school)
So, this is the forum I'm using to introduce this project.
http://schiphol.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameurawaza/1267858694/
But this is also a forum for general Brawl hacking, and there are some people that don't like this.
They may abuse you, so be careful when you use this.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I showed them this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrtJf-H7zHs&feature=related

This transplantation, I thought, looks unnatural a little...
If you are making entirely new moves, I 'll correct my remarks in Japanese forum...
Yes! Watch the trailer on the first page again... I've re-made the Fair and Jab from scratch, then we've used Captain Falcon's Up-smash and Down-Aerial, we've changed the timing on the Down-smash to be Melee, tweaked his jumping animation speeds, and we're working on his dash/run.

I have a few surprises coming, too.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to it !
I decided not to tell them too many things about P:M until the next trailer is released.

Last question. Is the team going to replace sound effects, if regular File Patch Code4.0 is released? Some Japanese don't want to replace them...

Revven

FrankerZ
You know what would be awesome?

Yep, you guessed it. The incrediably manly Usmash from Capt. Falcon in SSB64.

It's not Meleeesque, but one can dream.
This would be a cool way to separate Ganon and CF since Ganon got CF's Usmash. But eh, CF's Usmash in 64 was mainly a KO move (which Falcon doesn't really need), personally, I'd prefer it if he had his Smash 64 Fsmash instead of the elbow but that's just me (mainly because Ganondorf having the elbow as his Fsmash makes more sense since he's well... stronger and CF's Fsmash in 64 was soooooo cool).

But again, just me.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I guess you never really played smash64.

Usmash a ko move?

really.
I have to concur. I have rarely, if ever killed anyone with usmash. It acts much more like a tilt than a smash attack, since its knockback is so low. It could be used to rack up damage and set up for aerials, but to kill? lol no

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Flaming kick>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elbow smash. His 64 fsmash was the best.

And yeah, usmash didn't really KO. I can honestly say that I got more KOs with uair in that game.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Uair is decent for combo crap.

If we're talking Smash64 moves, give Link back his dash attack. :)

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Falcon would be so much cooler with his 64 usmash, which, as mentioned, acts more like a tilt. I loved it, that and his fsmash were my favortie moves in his set-- well.. Aside from uair ofcourse. I doubt falcon will recieve any changes, but his fsmash and usmash to 64 would be stunning.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer to let it be what it be: Melee 2.0

So, all these requests become really expanded and I think, as a guy waiting for any [BETA] release, they shouldn't do any request, because they already worked very much on the PAC file.

And hey N64 moves on the Melee Project? ... IDK, but maybe I liked CF Usmash >.>

Also a question to the developer(s):

Did you test Ike's landing friction after using upB on a non-horizontal groung?

From Brawl+ to Melee 2.0 it maybe should be changes, doen't it?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I heard Ike is showing really high maybe top tier potential. BTW for fun we should have tier list prediction for this. Based simply on present melee scene and a rough guess of new/edited characters performance.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I don't know, I like the idea of including some aspects from Smash 64. After all, they're already including good stuff from Brawl (like glide tossing).

Also, Ike for top tier?!

*Head explodes*

jalued

Smash Lord
project M should stay as close to melee as possible (aimations, sounds, physics, difficulty etc) otherwise melee players will rubbish it before even trying.

(for top tier characters etc, i dont think anyone cares if low tiers are slightly different, except for mew2 :p)

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I would just like that every character in P:M had the same attributes and hitbox properties of melee

then after few beta testing see if the game should really change

cause I can say that even if the remake Melee bowser and all he's stats are meleefied people would be saying

why did you made bowser like in melee, he will be low tier again

and I can say you are wrong with that term, since this is brawls engine not melee's and I can safely say that if bowser was fully meleefied, he would be good in brawl's engine

but, as I can see non of the developer want this in (balance issues >.>) how do you know he will be bad if you don't even try he's melee self

the only thing I can say is that, yes, chain grabers will **** bowser with he's melee self, but, stuff like chaingrabs could be nerfed and that should be it

like nerfing CG's to only work till 40% on bowser maybe, idk... this post will get ignored like all the bowser posts I've done

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
I would just like that every character in P:M had the same attributes and hitbox properties of melee

cause I can say that even if the remake Melee bowser and all he's stats are meleefied people would be saying

and I can say you are wrong with that term, since this is brawls engine not melee's and I can safely say that if bowser was fully meleefied, he would be good in brawl's engine

but, as I can see non of the developer want this in (balance issues >.>) how do you know he will be bad if you don't even try he's melee self

the only thing I can say is that, yes, chain grabers will **** bowser with he's melee self, but, stuff like chaingrabs could be nerfed and that should be it

like nerfing CG's to only work till 40% on bowser maybe, idk... this post will get ignored like all the bowser posts I've done
As far as their posts have been saying, they are going to worry about getting this game like Melee, and then worry about balance. There's no guarantee that Bowser will end up mid or high tier, but at the very least, I think, he's going to be competitive by the end.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only

For all intents and purposes, by the time we're done this will much more closely resemble the Melee engine than Brawl's. An exact Melee Boozer would be low-tier again... no way to get around that unless we purposefully made all of the new barwl characters worse than him :p

------

As for the elbow.. let's just say that Ganon and Falcon already have different animations for P:M, but it's not what you think....
hype!

I can look into N64 Falcon U-smash, though, since that seems to be pretty popular. In defense of the Melee U-smash, it was pretty **** against fast-fallers, setting up for a knee against most DI's at a surprising range of percents... and then killing after that stops working. It's also one of his few mult-hit moves.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
As far as their posts have been saying, they are going to worry about getting this game like Melee, and then worry about balance. There's no guarantee that Bowser will end up mid or high tier, but at the very least, I think, he's going to be competitive by the end.
they are not going to meleefy him, or any character that was insanly bad in melee and tho, they will use the B+ .pacs for start, and any change t maleefy for example:

bowser

they will see if:

Bowser Ftilt Melee - It's range wasn't good in melee so, why would this be added (*Use Brawl+ properties)

or any comparison of melee/brawl+ if one change in melee was good then they will added, other than that it will not be melee bowser just B+ bowser, and I take in count Ness will use many and alot of B+ changes intead of melee >.>

I can hardly say that pikachu will use most of the B+ changes instead of melee...

I can easyly say, they don't want to hard work on it seens it's easier this way >.>

make the game more melee... in every way, Technically, Skillfully and Character specific too

brawl characters will try to be meleefied but idk how this will happen, the gimmik is very hard

I'm no coder or working in such project, but ateast try to make every character atleast 75% their melee self or even 100%

Balance can carry after a year of testing... since tierlists changes upon time not upon releasing something official...

look for yourselfs, melee tiers change so much year after year since many stuff get discovered on the characters metagame, but... if this is going to be a esque of B+ with minor melee changes to the low tiers, the reputation is going to be just... not much...

in puerto rico there is no love for B+ and currently little for P:M, if you make it more melee then P:M will grow in puerto rico since brawl died after pound 4 in here... the tournaments of brawl are ending... last tourney... only 5 people assisted... >.>

think about it and just try to make the game more melee... as I'm being repetitive my self atm >.>

For all intents and purposes, by the time we're done this will much more closely resemble the Melee engine than Brawl's. An exact Melee Boozer would be low-tier again... no way to get around that unless we purposefully made all of the new barwl characters worse than him :p

------

As for the elbow.. let's just say that Ganon and Falcon already have different animations for P:M, but it's not what you think....
hype!

I can look into N64 Falcon U-smash, though, since that seems to be pretty popular. In defense of the Melee U-smash, it was pretty **** against fast-fallers, setting up for a knee against most DI's at a surprising range of percents... and then killing after that stops working. It's also one of his few mult-hit moves.
bowser will not be low tier... I can say this with ease... why doubt he will not be good if it's not even been tested...

why not proof that he will be low tier instead of saying he will be :s... the doubts will only break some stuff for some people

------

about N64 C.F upsmash, would be neat, you can prolly do it and make it look more smoother

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The essence of Melee is in its high speed and fluidity yet tight control, technical precision, free-form combo game, and mediocre recoveries leading to exciting edge-guarding.

It is this overall feeling that we want to create first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom