• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Like someone said b4 kirbys dair should combo into uptilt but keep the start up lag so the approach isnt easily spammed until it shield stabs. I think kirby should mirror his melee self but with his hitboxes modified and his grabs fixed. His moveset wasnt really bad he just couldnt really do anything with it... Maybe if he was a lil faster he could follow up certain things and combo more. And give him his n64 nair

Revven

FrankerZ
N64 Nair is a really, really, sexy idea it also makes him different from MK's Nair (I know they're not exactly the same thing right now even but they're pretty close in what they both try to do). 64 Nair would be hot.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
64 Nair and Dair would be nice. I also love the ideas of giving Stone a quake box, since Stone basically has one in Kirby Super Star, and Final Cutter being a spike(wasn't it one in Smash 64? Been a while since I've played around with the spikes in that game).

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Final Cutter was a spike on the hitbox when he was falling, if I recall correctly.
Yes, it was. I want it to be like this in P:M.

Oh yeah, and better WD for Kirby sounds nice. I'd go for 64 style play all the way, forget his Melee moveset.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Will the friction for the landing of upB from Kirby & Ike fixed?

Just because if Ike (for example) lands on not totally horizontal ground after upB he slides really too much in B+!

For me that doesn't looks like Melee, does it?

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
This sounds amazing. I've never cared for Brawl +, but I'm down for a Melee 2.0. I hope everyone involved in the project keeps up the good work.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
why don't you guys make a Project M iirc on Gsurge?

more on topic

Kirby should be halve melee and halve brawl, and take some points from 64 if needed

what I think that should be good is buff all he's copy abilities, so he can make that up for not being good in melee

a meleefied kirby with buffer B abilities is what I can say that should be

idk, this was just a suggestion, but, I would really like to talk about this project on iirc atleast

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Meleefied Kirby in what ways? If you mean his moves, god no >_>. If you meant movement, that's what every character will be going through. Kirby should take most of the benefits from his 64 and Brawl moveset. Nair could afford to be better or even turned into the 64 sex kick XD. The rest of his aerials are excellent in Brawl+, personally. Suicidal Bthrow and Fthrow would be hilarious if possible, but not necessary (might be horrendously OP if you have a stock advantage).

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
#ProjectM@irc.gamesurge.net has been in place for quite a while now.
20:22 *** NAMQ joined #ProjectM@irc.gamesurge.net mibbit@24.55.186.8 (Widget)
20:22 *** OpServ joined #ProjectM@irc.gamesurge.net OpServ@Services.GameSurge.net
20:22 +++ OpServ set the channel to mode +s
20:22 +++ OpServ set the channel to mode +i
20:22 --- OpServ has banned *!*@*
20:22 +++ OpServ has given op to OpServ
20:22 *** NAMQ was kicked by OpServ (This channel is illegal.)
20:22 !!! You have been kicked from #ProjectM@irc.gamesurge.net
just woah :s XD thats a no for me :p

ValTroX

Smash Ace
WellKirby was awful at melee, I guess i'll be down for his 64 moveset, and probably he will benefit from the B+ sideB(it has some power and it's a horizontal recovery option) but overall, I think he will play nicely. Anyways I just want to play P:M >.<

humble

Smash Ace
How does snake play in P:M? I imagine air glide toss is awesome for his nades, lol wavedash to space his ridiculous ranged tilts, L cancel probably makes his aerial game much better.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
How does snake play in P:M? I imagine air glide toss is awesome for his nades, lol wavedash to space his ridiculous ranged tilts, L cancel probably makes his aerial game much better.
Pretty similar, I think.

Also hey, you're from Portland?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Haven't been to anything. Haven't seen anything for B+, and that's mostly all I played until ProjectM. :(

Dan_X

Smash Lord
If Kirby plays like 64 I'm going to pick him up as a main, too fun. ;)

@shanus, what do you think of the discussion regarding Kirby thus far? It seems that the majority of people are interested in a 64 moveset. What do the devs think of this direction?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Would it be too good or too bad if Copy gave Kirby all his opponents B moves instead of just neutral-B? I'd figure it'd be a ***** to code, but just throwing that out there on the case of making Kirby more interesting.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If Kirby plays like 64 I'm going to pick him up as a main, too fun. ;)

@shanus, what do you think of the discussion regarding Kirby thus far? It seems that the majority of people are interested in a 64 moveset. What do the devs think of this direction?
64 Kirby seems pretty neat. My only objection would be that his dair is already borderline OP in P:M (it ***** soooo many recoveries) and removing the startup lag would make it not even require good timing to gimp half the cast at 0. It needs a KB reduction or smaller hitbox or something...

shanus

Smash Hero
64 Kirby seems pretty neat. My only objection would be that his dair is already borderline OP in P:M (it ***** soooo many recoveries) and removing the startup lag would make it not even require good timing to gimp half the cast at 0. It needs a KB reduction or smaller hitbox or something...
kirby has been relatively... untouched

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well I've been trying to stay away from balance issues since obviously getting the mechanics perfect is much more important right now. I just think that buffing his dair would be a bad idea in this game engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom