• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
There are 8 members on the thread right now. One of you must know how character select screen mods work.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Asking how edit the character select screen in this thread is like asking on the Nintendo.com forums how to install the Homebrew Channel.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
>_>

I could just replace every file one by one until I find which one contains the CSS code. ;)

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
SO:

Well, ZSS won't be in it...

how do I modify character select screen?

I'll just use Brawl+'s ZSS until Demo3
Uhhhh what? Can't you just wait it out like the rest of us? I mean really, you want to use ZSS so badly then just play B+ B- or standard Bawrl. All this complicated coding nonsense is just silly for one measly character.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Welp. I'm stumped.

I guess all I can do with her is practice her wavedash timing Event Match 16

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Question for the P:M guys. When the game is done, what will be done to make sure players use non-texture ***** and stage replaced versions of P:M to tournament settings? Do you think it will give P:M a bad rep if it is brought to tournaments loaded with acid-trip colored stages, non regulation stages that replace packaged ones, and Ronald McDonald costumes for Captain Falcon?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Those obsessed with textures that detract focus from gameplay always have the option of using Riivolution. Such a small percentage of the Smash community will not negatively affect P:M's reputation as much as you're implying -- if I'm interpreting your post correctly -- if not at all. That said, texture hacking is by no means anything new to the Smash community. Imports and vertex hacks for characters, so long as they do not possess altered bones, as well as stage textures, should not have that drastic of an effect on gameplay.

:phone:

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
TOs can always make a rule about using "normal" looking textures.

Anyway, I said I'd answer questions on Monday *coughCSDragoncough* and that's what I will do. Have patience.

shanus

Smash Hero
@CSDragon:

any character pac that is not a PM file won't work properly with a lot of key gameplay features due to how certain codes interface with pac files. Utilizing zss pacs from other games (or even vbrawl) won't work properly....

jalued

Smash Lord
@CSDragon:

any character pac that is not a PM file won't work properly with a lot of key gameplay features due to how certain codes interface with pac files. Utilizing zss pacs from other games (or even vbrawl) won't work properly....
Does this mean if people tried to alter characters (to possibly cheat in tournaments), there is a high probability that the game would freeze?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Does this mean if people tried to alter characters (to possibly cheat in tournaments), there is a high probability that the game would freeze?
It's always possible to alter characters and a TO's integrity should be kept in check. Any alteration to PM files that goes beyond its existing structure could potentially freeze We have a select few characters closer to their filesize limit, but we also have certain necessary mechanics that only work because it's adressed in our codeset.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I R MarF.... are you ********? I'm dead serious.

You actually want to limit people's ability to have their own textures? To have their own stages?

Seriously, are you ********? People will do what they want. I seriously doubt the P:M team is going to limit people's ability to replace textures and stages.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I R MarF.... are you ********? I'm dead serious.

You actually want to limit people's ability to have their own textures? To have their own stages?

Seriously, are you ********? People will do what they want. I seriously doubt the P:M team is going to limit people's ability to replace textures and stages.
The PMBR commands you to play with only Narutos and Sephiroths! Jokes aside, we wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. Part of the advantages of PM is that it allows poeple who didn't softmod their Wii to actually do this now.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I definitely will not play with textures that distract me. I think that serious tournaments should not have textures and vertexes. If TO allows it, I'll just wait for an empty spot on stations that don't have it.

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The only textures I have for tournaments are Melee Ganon and a slightly more polished Falco as well as team colours and a clearer blue Marth for colour-blindness purposes.

Also, Akuma Taunt.

Ecks

Smash Lord
That video always made me feel like the devs really enjoyed working on the game. I bet nobody but sakurai feels that way about brawl.

I always wondered what was up with the additional platforms in Temple.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

I want to thank everyone who stopped by the podcast stream yesterday. Even though I unfortunately could not attend as host, it was really humbling to see Smashboards members be so supportive en masse. It really reminded me of the days where we recapped DOJO news for this community exclusively.

That said, the episode has now gone up for download. I have posted the link to the thread on Show Me Your News' forums below. If you like what you hear, feel free to check out our other stuff at http://www.showmeyournews.com, subscribe to us on iTunes, and join our forums!

Thanks again to Shadic, Falco400, Strong Bad, and Gimpyfish - you guys are awesome. I hope everyone that was at the stream had a good time, too.

LINK TO THE PODCAST DOWNLOAD: http://www.showmeyournews.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1463

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom