• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don't see how that's disrespectful. Disrespectful would be passing off that ZSS as the official version or something. It's not like I'm taking my wii to tournaments. I mean, what if I want to replace Ike with the Cloud Strife PSA and play him in a P:M environment. Is that disrespectful?
It's pretty disrespectful, yeah.

And I'm not trying to access content you feel isn't ready. I don't have the P:M ZSS PAC or PSA. I wouldn't be using your ZSS, much like if I were to put a different PSA over the character. I'm not trying to access your content, I'm trying to access Brawl's content.
In a non-Brawl environment.

And maybe she would be awful, but that's still better than not being able to use my main at all.
Except you can't have a main that doesn't exist. And you really shouldn't decide to main someone before you even play the game. If Ness wasn't in demo2, I would respect the developers' intents and not make an assumption that he will be my main.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty disrespectful, yeah.
So then using PSAs in Brawl+ was disrespectful to the Brawl+ makers...

or using PSAs at all is disrespectful to Sakurai by that logic.

In a non-Brawl environment.
So? The environment exists either way. Again, I harken this back to previous brawl codesets. Most PSAs were designed for vBrawl, but they were still just as fun and usable in Balanced Brawl, Brawl+ and Brawl-.

Except you can't have a main that doesn't exist. And you really shouldn't decide to main someone before you even play the game. If Ness wasn't in demo2, I would respect the developers' intents and not make an assumption that he will be my main.
She's my BRAWL main. Next to Marth, anyway. My mains aren't gonna switch when I move to P:M.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yo P:M boards don't get offended.
CSDragon clearly doesn't have the same intentions for Project M as the majority of the people here (including the devs).

He want's to take a game designed for competitive multiplayer and scrub around with a character for scrubbing-around's sake.

Just because someone is doing something the designers might not have intended doesn't mean it's not an enjoyable way to play. Speedrunners do it. It's questionable whether competitive Smash 64 players did it. Project:M as compared to vBrawl is doing it.

Don't get confused about the purpose of game design. The Devs are supposed to be making something that's "fun." In one way or another. He just wants to have his own custom form of fun.

To CSDragon: Figure it out for yourself. This board is for vP:M

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Speaking of mains, this has kinda worn on me lately.

I really feel sorry for people sticking to the top-tier/relatively unchanged Melee mains. As a Melee Marth main, I barely play him at all in P:M because of how similar he feels. I've been playing with him for upwards of eleven years... the characters who are WAY changed from previous incarnations are something totally new and awesome.

Like Lucas. I hated Ness all through 64 and Melee, and still hated him AND Lucas in Brawl. But he felt SO different to me in P:M, and I adored it. He was fun. He was new. He wasn't just playing Marth again.

I respect the idea of people wanting to bring their old plays into a new environment, but MAN, you guys should really play around with the new characters the P:M dudes are cooking up. It gives me a whole new level of excitement for this project.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I intend to play it as it was meant to be played, just on my 2nd SD card.

I mean, I play both Brawl+ and Melee, each for different purposes.

I play Brawl+ with my casual friends who love cheap PSAs and goofy character skins. I play melee with the local smash club which is far more competative

Effectively, my time playing brawl+ is being replaced by a version of P:M I'm gonna add custom skins, movesets and play with my casual friends, where my time playing melee is being replaced by a clean build of P:M that I can use when practicing for the club.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
A large part of the reason we're so restrictive on not letting people access non-Demo characters even in single player, etc. is because people like to use leaked older builds of characters and try and mash them into more updated codesets.

So blame people who have leaked, those who distribute the leaks, and those who brag about and show off the leaks for that. We're not trying to be control freaks just to get our rocks off, here.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Everyone knows that once they complete characters who r not in the demo they r going to release then like dlc

:phone:
Yeah, but they will release a pack, not just individual characters. It will also include engine updates and the most recent breakthroughs. And it'll be released in over a year... and it will be called demo3... :smirk:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
A large part of the reason we're so restrictive on not letting people access non-Demo characters even in single player, etc. is because people like to use leaked older builds of characters and try and mash them into more updated codesets.

So blame people who have leaked, those who distribute the leaks, and those who brag about and show off the leaks for that. We're not trying to be control freaks just to get our rocks off, here.
So I'm not supposed to use my year and a half old legitly owned PM characters and edit the CSS to use them?:awesome:

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman

I can understand that.

...I still want to play ZSS in a Melee environment. :awesome:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
And you really shouldn't decide to main someone before you even play the game.

Thats part of the fun of fighting games. i always choose a main before i start a game. Dedication, even pre-dedication, to a character makes you work harder to be good with them and have more fun rather than picking up an easy fighter just cause they win.

guilty gear:dizzy, skullgirls: parasoul, PM: zelda, SCV: viola, just a few examples of fighters that i chose to main before i got the games. If you can tell i gravitate to trap setting fighters ;)

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
This is embarrassing...
Just let him have some fun, guys. There isn't an excuse anyone here can make that could hide the (hypocritical) irony in feeling disrespected by someone "playing the game in a way you didn't intend". Is that not literally what Project:M is?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Wednesday? Please?

Dunno why so many people want Zamus, anyway. If one actually pays attention to streams, vids, and other forms of media in which Zamus is shown, the reason behind why she isn't in Demo 2 would be pretty obvious.***** doesn't even have a nipple spike.

That said, I'm still loling at the "I'm going to use incomplete characters, anyway" comments.

She's my BRAWL main. Next to Marth, anyway. My mains aren't gonna switch when I move to P:M.
This made me laugh even harder.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Thats part of the fun of fighting games. i always choose a main before i start a game. Dedication, even pre-dedication, to a character makes you work harder to be good with them and have more fun rather than picking up an easy fighter just cause they win.

guilty gear:dizzy, skullgirls: parasoul, PM: zelda, SCV: viola, just a few examples of fighters that i chose to main before i got the games. If you can tell i gravitate to trap setting fighters ;)
I only choose to main characters after getting a feeling for all of them and a handle of the game itself. If the game is well made enough, there should be no issue therein.

I had to use Makoto less in CS2 and can't use her at all in CSEX because of various changes to the character that make her completely different. I main Makoto in CS1, Tager in CS2, and Hakumen in CSEX because they feel the best for me in their respective games.

I forget who I main in other games. Let's see.

GGXX: Millia
SC2: Xianghua, Seung Mina
SC3-5, Can't play, too slow for me
DoA4: Christie, Kokoro
AH3: Fionna-Time/Wind, Akane-Wind, Clarice-Wind/Evil
MBAACC: Red Arc
SFIIITSOE: Elena, Q, Ryu
SFIV, Can't play, too slow for me
Smash64: Ness, Yoshi
Melee: Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, Pichu
Brawl, Can't play, too slow for me
SkullGirls, Can't play, too slow/janky for me
IaMP, A little too janky for me, but I use Reimu a bit when I do play.
TH12.3~Hisoutensoku: Alice, Iku, Remilia

All came about from experimentation to see who felt best in their respective games.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Listing off mains are we?

Umm...

64: Kirby
Melee: Marth/Shiek
Brawl: Marth/ZSS
Soul Caliber 2: Talim
BlazBlue: Noel
Melty Blood: C-Ciel F-Ahika-Seifuku
SSF4: Dan Hibiki
Naruto Gekkitou Ninja Taisen 4: Neiji.
HoN: Moon Queen

You can only have one main, saying you have more than one MAIN makes no sense at all.
Weather your 2nd most played character is a 2nd main or a Secondary is a bit of a grey area.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
@kaizo, same here. I'll probably devote a lot to Ness and Lucas, but I also really like Snake as a character and Lucario looks mad salty and QuickDraw McGraw and new spacie madness and... You see the dilemma.

:phone:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If you try to use leaked characters your Wii will brick immediately no refund. Confirmed for Demo 2.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
What's happening on Monday?
You don't know? Monday is when tiny elves will steal and / or destroy everything that we know. It's quite tragic, really, and there's nothing that we can do to prevent it. All we can do is play Project:M for 48 hours straight.

No you're pretty much ******** if you think it makes sense.
and so are you if you're criticizing one's definition of a term used in video games. This is especially true once you consider that more than just the people in this thread "main" multiple characters. Stop being stupid.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
[09:27pm] <Vanguard> so im in the middle of designing a demo2 drinking game. Where you drink when on the first 2 nights after release, people ***** about particular things.
[09:28pm] <Vanguard> People whining about Lucario/Ness/Ganon/Zelda sideB? Take a drink.
[09:28pm] <Strong_Bad> I don't have enough money for that much alcohol.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
and so are you if you're criticizing one's definition of a term used in video games. This is especially true once you consider that more than just the people in this thread "main" multiple characters. Stop being stupid.
If you consider yourself to have more than one main then you don't have a main, you just play a bunch of people. Mainless. Main = one.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wish we could make character specific target tests.
But that's adding like 200ish stages and then coding stuff for that. o_o Unless we didn't wnat to do the level system like in Brawl. Then it's still 39

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
No you're pretty much ******** if you think it makes sense.
I know tensions are high today but please, don't be calling people ******** because you don't think it's possible to have more than a single main. A lot of people have two mains.

You say: "Main = one"
Yes, but we're not talking about that.
How's this?: "Mains = more than one" :glare: Does that make more sense now? Or do you just deny the plural form of the word "main" exists?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Main usually implies a single, chief, go to character, and everyone has one. If you sit down at a setup and you double blind against someone you have never seen or heard of, the character you choose to play with as your best shot to win is your main! Yeah? Keep in mind, you do have to choose a character eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom