• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'll be here at midnight tomorrow after work, waiting for an early release that probably won't come before I go to sleep. But then I'll wake up excited and have the rest of the day to sit back and watch this thread explode like it did last year on release day.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
are you guys going to make it so that you fall on your knees instead of your feet, or are you just gonna leave it?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Let me start by saying I love that this project exists and am grateful for everything you've all done thus far.

Not to be a nitpicky Nancy, but I really don't see why you didn't do a separate update for landing detection earlier. That in itself is a big enough change that I feel it could merit an entirely separate release. Now we've spent over a year getting used to faulty physics that we could have avoided almost entirely.

Again - I love the project. I just feel like I miss your logic on some of your update ideas. I know you don't want to bog us down with tons of uneventful re-releases, but landing detection being fixed a few months after the demo's release, and we're just getting to taste it now? Idunno - doesn't make much sense to me.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Let me start by saying I love that this project exists and am grateful for everything you've all done thus far.

Not to be a nitpicky Nancy, but I really don't see why you didn't do a separate update for landing detection earlier. That in itself is a big enough change that I feel it could merit an entirely separate release. Now we've spent over a year getting used to faulty physics that we could have avoided almost entirely.

Again - I love the project. I just feel like I miss your logic on some of your update ideas. I know you don't want to bog us down with tons of uneventful re-releases, but landing detection being fixed a few months after the demo's release, and we're just getting to taste it now? Idunno - doesn't make much sense to me.
Landing detection had a bunch of bugs back then, broham. It wasn't until recently they were fixed.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
you are forgetting that along with fixed landing detection came a lot of bugs and glitches.....that even to this day aren't all ironed out.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Ah, I see. Then perhaps it wouldn't be in their best interest to act as if they had it figured out way back in April of last year. My mistake on not seeing any posts in the aforementioned news thread about bugs with landing detection.

BUT, that is an argument for another day. Point conceded. Still looking forward to new demo.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ah, I see. Then perhaps it wouldn't be in their best interest to act as if they had it figured out way back in April of last year.
We've been both criticized for being overly restrictive of information, and for teasing our fanbase too much.

Either way, we lose.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
It's not the restriction of information as much as the restriction of -- Ahh, nevermind. I'm starting a fight I don't want to exist. Or at least not yet.

Keep up the good work. I'll save my arguments for when the game's done.

Or at least until the demo's out.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
We fixed landing detection. That's one of the biggest technical updates in Demo 2. We've posted about it before. See here.
So that means wavedashing and wave landing will be just as easy as in Melee. The timing for wd was kind of difficult in the first demo. Oh, one question Shadic, when I go to put demo 2 on my sd card do I just delete the files of demo 1 that are there and just put the v2 files into the root of the card?

:phone:

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^They'll most likely make a new installer like with demo 1... so you'd just delete everything on the sd card and run the demo 2 installer...

leelue

Smash Lord
So I just spent 14 and a half hours redoing all of my brstm files.
14.5 hours.
It would be totally worth it
if

the files would do something other than sit there ineptly

[Collapse=...]AND NOT PLAY MY GODDAMN MUSIC[/Collapse]

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
We've been both criticized for being overly restrictive of information, and for teasing our fanbase too much.

Either way, we lose.
C'mon Shadic. We all love what you guys have done and you know it. 'Sides, it's a false dichotomy if you put it that way. I mean, telling us news and restricting news both only make up one side of the coin. Things like this demo are the other side. Some people get worked up over these kinds of things but it's not all of us.

I know it's easy to talk the talk when I say to try to be thankful for the whiners, but there's still an undeniable truth to it. No one who whines about not being able to play doesn't want to play. All of us really are thankful for the P:M team's work. Don't let the impatient people taint the image of the fan-base for you guys. There will be a lot more downloads tomorrow than there have been complainers, and I hope you all take some pride in it. Thanks, all of you, for doing Nintendo's work and making the game we all wished was being sold in those stores. You've done us proud. :cool:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
It should still be mentioned that it will take everyone a second (maybe an hr or two) to acclimate to the visuals and the 1 frame airdodge delay thing, so it won't feel identical to melee until you are used to it (especially with wavedashes and stuff) but once you are used to it it doesn't really make a difference =]

Just be ready to make that tiniest of adjustments.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
As long as its not the stupid lag of demo 1, it will be alright. As long as its close enough to Melee. I don't know what the lag from demo 1 was, but it is stupid hard to wavedash consistently. So anything is better than that.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wonder how many people are going to be lurking the IRC tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be as hectic as Demo 1 was, with over 300 people in the IRC. :x

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You mean because of how often we end up talking about RPGs?

The thing is, all the RPGs we talk about are awesome, so that makes up for the discussion being about something other than Demo2.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I wonder if the new demo will give me really weird issues on demo 2.

See, I'd have demo 1 on my SD card, use an installer to get plus and I'd get some weird mix, will demo 2's installer do that too?

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^You just ran a brawl+ installer on the SD card you had PM demo?..

if so... that's your problem right there... you should have removed PM demo from the card first...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Either way, we lose.
Clearly the solution is just to release the whole game now, and stop lying about incomplete characters.

I R MarF

Smash Ace

Either way, we lose.
How do those two things correspond? Couldn't you be restrictive of information and be serious? Or be very loose and casual with your information and be ***holes?

I don't really care about being restrictive with information (for most things... since you wouldn't want to present everything) but being immature is kind of lame. I remember back in the day you, Shanus, and Shell were my favorite members of the team because you were all very serious and non ****ish in contrast to Falco400 and Strong Bad.

Now Shanus and Shell hardly post and you've gone off the lols end :(

It should still be mentioned that it will take everyone a second (maybe an hr or two) to acclimate to the visuals and the 1 frame airdodge delay thing, so it won't feel identical to melee until you are used to it (especially with wavedashes and stuff) but once you are used to it it doesn't really make a difference =]

Just be ready to make that tiniest of adjustments.
Frame 1 delay? Please elaborate

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I look forward to demo 2.

I do not look forward to the super specific "omg why did you guys do this, it doesn't work" posts from people with less than a full day's experience to acclimate to the new physics environment.

As always, we appreciate your hard work.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I tell you what guys, I'll spend 24 hours playing wolf (not at the same time). After that, I'll come back and tell you my thoughts.

I'm getting more hyped though! I really just want some luigi and gw madness. And I'd really love to play the new sheik, I think the techchase game will be a lot more fun and rewarding than just a chaingrab/fair set-up.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
What are your guys' opinions on third party GC controllers, specifically ones like these that look like first party ones?

I've had some experience with third party GC controllers and generally they have a good chance of being somewhat glitchy. If they do play well, the buttons may be harder to press, but I'm sure that depends on the brand. The only way to figure out whether one is worth buying is to ask someone who's bought that specific product before.

But why buy that when there's this? https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/w...productId=84293&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom