• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Things I'm looking forward to this month.

1. Project M demo 2 (so other people can practice and find cool things)
2. Skull Girls
3. The Legend of Korra
4. Fate/Zero season 2

good month indeed.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Episode 14 already aired. Get going! And the new Lupin III anime also started.

Great month indeed!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
And Digimon season 7 ended! (Technically that was last month, but it was close enough to the start of this month)

Or am I the only one who was excited about that?

magikoopa

Smash Rookie
It would be good if the different downB animations had individual properties, so the 10 tonne one could kill earlier, the spikey ball could do more damage and possible spike ;)
I like this idea, so long as it isn't too much of a hassle to implement. :)

regular stone - standard
spiked ball - a spike
weight - falls faster?
garbage block - ?
thwomp - more damage?

jalued

Smash Lord
I like this idea, so long as it isn't too much of a hassle to implement. :)

regular stone - standard
spiked ball - a spike
weight - falls faster?
garbage block - ?
thwomp - more damage?
I'm not a fan of random effects in smash though, if you could time the downB to select a different shape (like fox/falco's side B timing), then i would be more in favor of it

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
If you all are going to do this with the stone, I think there should be a trade off with the other stones, while the standard stone has no buffs no debuffs. I cant give you any examples at the moment, But that's just my input.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
All I gotta say about kirby is that it would be baws if his copied moves were OP renditions of his opponents' moves to promote abusing it like you would in Kirby games and to make swallowing more rewarding ;o

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
To the people who asked if Stone has ever been useful, it is in competitive Brawl.

On moving terrain like PS1's windmill, you can stone on there and wait to slip off. Useful in some situations. If your opponent is high-up and using a floaty character, you can jump up there and Stone as they try and fast-fall into you and attack you and it'll KO them.

Its most practical use is blocking recoveries. If you do it next to the ledge they often have to get hit by the stone, air dodge it to their deaths, or wait it out (to their deaths). Only works against linear recoveries obviously but it is still practical.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I love how Lucas' uthrow and nair is influenced by Mewtwo's uthrow and nair
and I think the same goes for his utilt
Cant wait to play him.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
So I've got 2 questions for the PMBR.

First, Are you going to release demo 2 at midnight on the 15th?

:phone:
I remember last time the demo was released, it wasnt released on midnight the day before. In fact, i remember the launch was so successful that it was a failure because they couldnt support the network traffic. It released at like 2am the following day. and then the servers were hammered for a long while.

If you guys send me the files, i can host it as well for backup.

G

genkaku

If you guys send me the files I can host it for backup too.
But you have to send them to me now.
And you may as well include the other characters too.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
ok so have you guys decided what time of day demo 2 will be out? The trailer didn't specify o.o

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
The 15th as the thread title says.

I would MUCH rather have amazing mirror stone than smash stone. Smash would only be so useful. only slightly more useful, and in the same situation way as before. Amazing mirror stone could become a viable combat move. A COUNTER move that you can use to avoid damage and attack someone who's being cocky enough to charge a smash attack at you. It could roll into snake mines and such. I could totally see Kirby stone tackling an Ike who's being careless with his laggy moves. But a careless Kirby will be grabbed, of course. This move has a lot of unique potential and I'd really urge the backroom to experiment with a rolling stone.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
To the people who asked if Stone has ever been useful, it is in competitive Brawl.

On moving terrain like PS1's windmill, you can stone on there and wait to slip off. Useful in some situations. If your opponent is high-up and using a floaty character, you can jump up there and Stone as they try and fast-fall into you and attack you and it'll KO them.

Its most practical use is blocking recoveries. If you do it next to the ledge they often have to get hit by the stone, air dodge it to their deaths, or wait it out (to their deaths). Only works against linear recoveries obviously but it is still practical.
Your first example is really situational, but the second one sounds better, although I'm not getting how you block the recoveries, could you explain it?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well, there was no PAL version so...

ok so have you guys decided what time of day demo 2 will be out? The trailer didn't specify o.o
11:59 PM. :troll:

Seriously though, they're probably not sure.

@NeoZ, as I understood it, it's not really a "block". You beat linear recoveries by hitting them with down b or making the opponent wait until Kirby is out of the way. In some cases they try to dodge it and die.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Hype games should always have midnight releases.

Will we get Brawl Battlefield or Melee Battlefield?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Brawl BF, unless we change our minds very last-minute.

We have some stage ideas that might be explored post Demo 2, but we don't have time for them now.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Whatever happened to the idea of using the stage expansion code to try and keep as many stages as possible? Problems in the common5 or is the code just buggy?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I had an idea one night about Melee Battlefield. It's such a nice looking stage and i'd hate to see it go to waste when 75M exists (though that stage does look pretty malleable.)

Anyway my idea was to have the 3 platforms go transparent in maybe a loop of 2 up, or 1 up, at a time or a set pattern, each lasting longer than 10 sec's probably. They'd go transparent and be pass through while the other(s) would be visible and solid. It's the platforming we've all seen in games and I don't think I need TOO much explanation. To help visualize it here's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R7wBlP2Ij4Y#t=128s Though I didnt envision they would DISAPPEAR completely... merely turn a bit clear like that. It would make it a unique stage while also keeping true and within the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom