• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They will have their Brawl models by default. The demo download may or may not include the Melee models as an optional bonus, but if not, people will post them in this thread so anyone who wants them can download them manually.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
A model import of Melee Fox is out. I wonder if the hurtbox will still be acceptable since the head is a different shape.

leelue

Smash Lord
I, for one, don't mind starting sentences with "but". Or "and", for that matter. It reads like speech to me, and it's always bothered me that I have to say something "less natural" like "yet" or "however" or "plus" or "on top of that".

I also find it silly that I has to be capitalized, and if it wasn't for the fact that i looks naked and dumb, I'd probably type that instead.
But don't get me started on English. I could go in on that more than I did about Gen1.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Just now finally read through all the character descriptions on the web site; sounds like you guys are doing a really good job with this. Looking forward to the demo on the 15th =]

McNinja

Smash Ace
My apologies if this is a stupid/repeated question, but how can I obtain the demo and/or the finished product (when its done)?

:phone:

I R MarF

Smash Ace
You can also imagine posts on a spectrum.
At one end, you have my posts: shining beacons of greatness. On the other end, you have lolspeak.
Nobody wants to read lolspeak. And the closer the post is to the other side of the spectrum, the more people will want to read it.

I mean, look at I R Marf. I used to espouse many of the theories he talks about (by coincidence alone). When I did there was not much hostility directed towards me. People (presumably) took me seriously, even if they disagreed. By contrast, he attracts malice. It's the presentation, ma dude.
It is because I am far more attacking than you are. That tone generates more responses (albeit, ones with anger). Your posts are far more retrospective and less opinionated than mine and less people respond them but are less likely to disagree.

And quit acting like some pretentious english scholar or some ****. You are posting on a forum for a game mod wasting your time by not talking about the game. This whole english and "what is a good post?" discussion is completely off topic.

Oh man, I just realized I'm on the verge of being a hypocrite. So what do you think of Diddy's chances for the demo?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Other errors, while we are nit-picking:
-Started a sentence with 'but'
Actually, despite grade school teachers always saying that one shouldn't use "and", "but", and "because" to begin a sentence, it's actually not wrong to start it with such words; it just sounds informal. Only in formal writings should this be a problem if overdone, but even then, in some cases, splitting a sentence that's being joined by these words into two sentences may be better, as it can carry a different meaning/nuance that combining them wouldn't have.
(A quick search of Google came up with up with short articles that goes further into what I just stated: HERE and HERE)

Anyway, it took a while to catch up to this thread, only to find out, to my dismay, that half of it was crazy speculations about pineapples, with another 25% of it being a mini-flame war. At least something good, in the form of the next character confirmation announcement's characters, came out of it.
It also seems that people often misinterpret stuff said by the PMBR for their own benefit, or just plainly use incorrect logic when restating what they've been told to others.
For example, standardtoaster said that the PMBR never confirmed that all Demo1 characters were returning (with a ":3" even, making me believe that he's just doing this to spur up discussion/trolling people that over-analyze everything a PMBR memeber says), but then someone took it as that not all Demo1 characters are returning, and thus incorrect information is spread. Not confirming something does not imply that that something is false.
And with this, I'm not saying that all of them are for sure to return, either, so don't be flaming me about this.
Although, I do think that all Demo1 characters are very likely to be returning, with all of the details we know, as well as the numbers, to support this claim. I don't think it's a coincidence that there are currently 24 character pages on the website that correspond to Demo1 characters plus already announced Demo2 newcomers, with 5 characters coming that, I hear, a PMBR have stated to be the "last" 5.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Actually, despite grade school teachers always saying that one shouldn't use "and", "but", and "because" to begin a sentence, it's actually not wrong to start it with such words; it just sounds informal. Only in formal writings should this be a problem if overdone, but even then, in some cases, splitting a sentence that's being joined by these words into two sentences may be better, as it can carry a different meaning/nuance that combining them wouldn't have.
(A quick search of Google came up with up with short articles that goes further into what I just stated: HERE and HERE)
Thankyou!

Always like learning new things :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Just now finally read through all the character descriptions on the web site; sounds like you guys are doing a really good job with this. Looking forward to the demo on the 15th =]
What characters in particular are you most looking forward to?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Is the P:M site down?

http://projectm.dantarion.com/

In other news, the P:M unofficial FB group recently broke 400 likes.

Someone asked me if there was a place to change P:M friend codes for online play, I redirected him to IRC and he came back complaining no one replied, whatever.
So I made this chat room specifically for the purpose of changing friend codes and discussing online play.

http://tinychat.com/projectmelee

It presumably won't be used/needed and I will probably postpone on releasing the link on FB, but just in case.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
http://www.fsmash.org is the best place for wifi with mods. I'm sure there will be more people wanting to do wifi there after demo 2 is out.

EDIT: I think at this point, the "unofficial official" Project M Facebook page can just be referred to as the official one. lol

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
What characters in particular are you most looking forward to?

Any new characters, or old favorites (Ganondorf, Link, Sheik, and Bowser) will be rad to play as, but as far as who I want to try out first, I'm going to have to go with R.O.B. I loved that dude in the original and he looked like a proper badass now.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Project M site is down. I've already talked with Dantarion; it's being worked on.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Going back to the question of why Samus isn't going to be in, I'm imagining the two biggest issues are the extended grapple (I could live without it), and the Other:M rolls (which when I tried it with, I really didn't like).

I guess the PMBR wants to release Samus and ZSS together, which is why it doesn't look like they'll be in Demo 2. As a Samus main, I am disappointed, but I'll live with it if it means that I don't have to deal with Other:M rolls.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I guess the PMBR wants to release Samus and ZSS together, which is why it doesn't look like they'll be in Demo 2. As a Samus main, I am disappointed, but I'll live with it if it means that I don't have to deal with Other:M rolls.
Same, just the idea of rolling with samus blows my mind and makes me think ill automatically get punished. At least ill still have half of Doc to play.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Can we get some confirmation if, regardless of if either one is going to ACTUALLY be in the Demo or not, ZSS depends on Samus being in as well?

Cuz, I mean, it's not hard to make it so they don't even have a final smash. Brawl+ did it with Charizard/Ivysaur/Sqiurtle

Also: What was the deal with that pineapple thing yesterday?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Isn't Sethlon that badass Roy player? I do wonder who he's play.
Sethl0n? I remember him, in brawl he was a semi-pro Falco players iirc. Back in the day lawl

Anyways, would it be impossible to release ZSS on her own without including power suit Samus in the roster I imagine it'd be some kind of game freezing glitch if both charcters weren't on the roster.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Sethl0n? I remember him, in brawl he was a semi-pro Falco players iirc. Back in the day lawl

Anyways, would it be impossible to release ZSS on her own without including power suit Samus in the roster I imagine it'd be some kind of game freezing glitch if both charcters weren't on the roster.
It's not that the character is gone, Brawl just uses the un-modded version of the character.

In Demo 1 you could play as ZSS in Event Match 16 despite her not being in the demo. She played like regular brawl ZSS.

Diddy is playable in #22
Samus in #23
Lucario in 25
Ness in 26
ROB in 27
Ganon in 33
G&W in 35
TL in 37
Wolf in 38

Not one of them froze the game.

To "decouple" ZSS from Samus, all they'd have to do is remove her final smash like Brawl+ did with the 3 pokemon, whom whenever they got the smashball, it would simply instantly go away.

Going the opposite way, decouping Samus from ZSS would prolly require more work, but Samus isn't ready yet anyway, last I checked.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I remember when I let my Wii run on the opening screen to get something to drink only to have ROB freeze the game on the demonstrations, XD.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
To "decouple" ZSS from Samus, all they'd have to do is remove her final smash like Brawl+ did with the 3 pokemon, whom whenever they got the smashball, it would simply instantly go away.
That wasn't Brawl+, that was the CSS code for the individual Pokemon. In normal Brawl the final smash belongs to the character "Pokemon Trainer", but "Squirtle", "Ivysaur", and "Charizard" do not have one. "Zero Suit Samus" still has a final smash regardless of what you do with Samus.

It may or may not be possible to remove a final smash with PSA (I don't know), but it's probably not worth the effort either way.

leelue

Smash Lord
And quit acting like some pretentious english scholar or some ****. You are posting on a forum for a game mod wasting your time by not talking about the game. This whole english and "what is a good post?" discussion is completely off topic.
Edit:
I had a written pimpslap here a few moments ago, but upon reflection I realized that arguing with you is an actual way of wasting my time. So I'll just continue to be better than that. Sorry.

9k (and everyone else who was confused), the pineapple business was a riddle concerning the 5 upcoming character reveals. It was a little experiment that prevented further stagnation of the thread and, at least for those involved, was pretty enjoyable.

Edit: beaten to it by Forgotten

9Kplus1

Smash Master
9k (and everyone else who was confused), the pineapple business was a riddle concerning the 5 upcoming character reveals. It was a little experiment that prevented further stagnation of the thread and, at least for those involved, was pretty enjoyable.

Edit: beaten to it by Forgotten
? I wasn't confused at all. Matter of fact, after a short while of thinking about the remaining characters, I came to the conclusion on who could be confirmed next, at that time.

I used logic to determine that Samus (who likely isn't very popular on the streams for a reason) would not be in Demo 2. By extent, Zamus wouldn't be confirmed, either. Pit and Ness are already both solid characters, giving them almost guaranteed slots. Luigi, despite not having many immediately noticeable changes, is not that off from his Melee counterpart, and is not "linked" to another unfinished character, meaning that he's likely to be in Demo 2 as well. That leaves us with Squirtle, Pikachu, Peach, Ivysaur, Diddy Kong Metaknight, Olimar, and Ice Climbers. The latter five have, for a while, been confirmed to not be in Demo 2; it's been stated numerous times that said characters have not been solidified, yet and / or are completely ****ed up. The former three have had more than enough work on them to be Demo 2 material, but, as said many times already (on both streams and, iirc, a few times in this thread), Squirtle, in fact, does not have a Down B. Pikachu and Peach, when added to the flux of the potentially confirmable characters, buff the character count to a nice, even 29 -- the number of characters that will be in Demo 2.

I'm just dumb and gave up on the "Pineapple" analogy because I didn't know how to cleverly edit the "serious" post I'd made, regarding it. God I'm such an idiot >_>

edit: WTF YOSHI IS IN SMASH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom