• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think a better worded question would be: are the programmers on this project in crunch mode trying to squash known glitches and bugs, or is the game entirely stable right now with very, very few hitches in the current demo 2 character and level roster.

The game being complete from the technical standpoint of what is possible with your stated goals is much different than a balance or animation perspective, which is never done until you decide "good enough."

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I think a better worded question would be: are the programmers on this project in crunch mode trying to squash known glitches and bugs, or is the game almost entirely stable right now with very few hitches in the current demo 2 character and level roster.
The PMBR didn't have much of a problem making us wait 14 months for the next release of Project:M. What makes you think that they would feel regret in making us wait even longer, due to noticeable problems that have a large effect on gameplay? Of course, Project:M, being a hack of Brawl, will boast a few bugs and / or glitches -- those things are inevitable. This doesn't mean that P:M won't play very closely to Melee. Let's not forget that with the large amount of playtesters, the more significant abnormalities won't go unnoticed. There will, most likely, be a "Known glitches" section for Demo 2 as well, albeit not as large and influential on gameplay as the corresponding section in the current OP. Moreover, the smaller aesthetic irregularities have most certainly been tweaked, much to our -- the intended audience's -- pleasure.

Also, afaik, the PMBR has been in "Crunch Mode" since before the release of Demo 1. The aftermath of their sexy, jiggly orgies might tell you otherwise, but a lot of the technical problems have already been well noted; most of said problems have been fixed, already.

Also, 9K and leelue look like they make an awesome team in this thread, lol.
:awesome:_:awesome:

Ecks

Smash Lord
So a few pages back someone told me that the characters in Demo 2 are not complete like I thought they were. Can anyone(PMBR only please) tell me how near they are to completion? % wise would be dabess thx
I think that was me. It's not that they're not complete, it's that they may change down the road. Look at Lucas, Snake and Sonic. When demo1 came out these characters were "near finished" and yet look at all the changes they went through. Especially Lucas. A lot of devs were saying how well he transitioned to the "Melee environment" and look at the major overhaul he got.

Basically, whether major or subtle, don't be surprised if changes are made.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Unrelated to this discussion, I'm surprised no one noticed ST using the box tag on stream. You can't access those JP letters with NTSC-U and we're not using NTSC-J.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
That's why there's an archive. It's very annoying to slog through tons of pages of nothing to get to that one page with a great link or info I was looking for.

If Demo 2 is gonna blow up with the public, it needs a thread worthy of its majesty and good feedback. Inside joke slogfest ain't really gonna cut it.
You have blasphemed the mighty P:M thread. Prepare to feel the wrath of the Smash Bros Gods when they send a rabid Alakadoof your way.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't like the Brawl style. It's so slow that I get bored if I try to think, so I have to button mash instead.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I was testing out my SFX and music additions to my iso today and booted up normal Brawl...

You guys best be appreciating the work we've put into this game.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So yeah, my attention span is pretty short. Let's talk about how IC's could be changed to compete with the current P:M cast.
I actually think Melee IC's would compete really well when Nana and Popo are together since they force their opponents to respect their grab and their damage output is absolutely crazy.

I think the main thing that has to be improved about Ice Climbers is their Sopo game. Some obvious changes I can think of would be making dtilt a better combo move, nair actually allowing you to string into other attacks, and dair having really early IASA so Popo can use it for gimping. If Popo is made somewhat formidable on his own, this would naturally improve their "together" game and making them more dynamic and less gimmicky.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Do the Smash Bros Gods punish those who commit adultery? Because I think that playing Brawl might've just earned me a one-way ticket to Inui's basement...
The Smash Bros Gods created Brawl, also known by its true name Barlw, in order to find out who the true believers are. It's like being Amish; it doesn't matter that you went out into the modern world, all that matters is that you came back to the light.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I actually think Melee IC's would compete really well when Nana and Popo are together since they force their opponents to respect their grab and their damage output is absolutely crazy.

I think the main thing that has to be improved about Ice Climbers is their Sopo game. Some obvious changes I can think of would be making dtilt a better combo move, nair actually allowing you to string into other attacks, and dair having really early IASA so Popo can use it for gimping. If Popo is made somewhat formidable on his own, this would naturally improve their "together" game and making them more dynamic and less gimmicky.
Dtilt is largely irrelevant to the ICs' faults. Nair already has pretty good combo potential. Dair wouldn't be particularly good for gimping even if the move had a lot more IASA since it has very low knockback and the opponent could just SDI up and up-B again or something like that.

There are lots of things that could be done to make ICs better. I have ideas, but I'm going to wait to see what we can actually do with the character before dwelling on them very much.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think if Popo dies, but Nana's onstage, you should be given control of Nana. Think of it this way: I'm Nana, and my friend Popo just died. Why would I commit suicide because of that? Especially if he wouldn't do it when I died.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I think if Popo dies, but Nana's onstage, you should be given control of Nana. Think of it this way: I'm Nana, and my friend Popo just died. Why would I commit suicide because of that? Especially if he wouldn't do it when I died.
Nana is super emo...I mean killing herself just because Popo died (no)

On a serious note, that'd be cool as **** if the player were given control over Nana if Popo dies ;p

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Nana is super emo...I mean killing herself just because Popo died (no)

On a serious note, that'd be cool as **** if the player were given control over Nana if Popo dies ;p
Its bad enough you already take double damage from smash attakcs and their grab shananigans. That sounds like a brawl- gimmick lol.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't actually play Ice Climbers, but given that they're already a top tier character I don't see a need for anything too radical as far as changes are concerned. Maybe a slight damage buff for SoPo, but not much else.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Ice Climbers aren't Top Tier lol.

They aren't even High Tier, technically.

Also I think that Nana having better AI is an inherent buff for them that some people might overlook.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I can't really say anything about Ice Climbers regarding balancing, considering I know very little about their metagame.
However, I do think vBrawl Fair had a nice idea behind it that could be adapted to Melee Fair, IE turn Nana's into a true spike.
That's about it.

Why aren't there any little loli *****es for me to main in Smash. I always make it a point to play the loli *****es in games and there aren't any in Smash.
The current discussion is relevant to this.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I don't actually play Ice Climbers, but given that they're already a top tier character I don't see a need for anything too radical as far as changes are concerned. Maybe a slight damage buff for SoPo, but not much else.
SoPo doesn't really need a damage buff, he needs better options.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't Brawl+, that was the CSS code for the individual Pokemon. In normal Brawl the final smash belongs to the character "Pokemon Trainer", but "Squirtle", "Ivysaur", and "Charizard" do not have one. "Zero Suit Samus" still has a final smash regardless of what you do with Samus.

It may or may not be possible to remove a final smash with PSA (I don't know), but it's probably not worth the effort either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUm03ba0HkQ

Boom.

You don't have to make it, it's already there for you.

Can they be decoupled now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom