• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Kotaku, Wired (though not actually a gaming-site) are those that I could find with a quick Google search.

Ok so maybe not high-profile gaming sites, and most of those I was thinking about turned out to be just threads on gaming forums, but I still think Nintendo would be pretty oblivious to miss Project M.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
ahh k Jc makes a vaild point. I hope that it never does otherwise we are doomed. Alas though time to switch the topic like Neko said.

Some stages I personally would like to see would be something of a better Metal Gear solid stage or something. Also are you guys going to plan on using Mewtwo2000's recreation of the Zelda: Termina Great bay stage?

Also on the topic of stages would you guys consider doing freeze but still allow the animations to go on for Castle Siege 1st part and 3rd part. as Individual stages? or just planning on leaving it how it is where it goes from phase 1-2-3 repeat.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Termina needs a lot of work to be legal. Refocused blast zones and camera, altered platform layout to avoid circle camping and bottom platform camping, and possibly even a fix for how the turtle shows up. It could still be added for casual play, but what would it replace with Hyrule Castle and Temple:M already being in the game?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I think only on the sloped part of the turtle is it "icy". I'm pretty sure the middle of its back is normal. Dunno might have to pop melee in to see 4 sure.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
What's gonna happen with Hanenbow? Is it fixable, or will it just be scrapped? Also, will melee battlefield be ported? And about pictochat, is it legal?

and a remake of great bay would be awesome!

OH remake 75m do itt

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Is there a tournament with P:M going on somewhere?
I'm bringing it to a monthly tournament in Washington called Gameclucks this next Saturday.

daze - You and your buddies should bring a TV or something. We're always low on those. I would, but my only CRT in the house is 32" and like 150 pounds.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I see a lot of support for Termina. Good taste ppl.

The one stage I really like which others seem to agree would require no work at all would be Peach's Castle 64. It's a classic and deserves a spot.

I mean if Jungle 64 and Hyule 64 are in this, camp heaven, how can P's C 64 be missing? It's discriminatory!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I really liked Peach's Castle (Melee), but I don't think we can add the hitboxes that the giant bullet bills had. :( Oh, and we can't do the button switch stuff as well.

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see Norfair as a counterpick and you guys seem to be working on that, so that's nice.

Some form of Metal Gear Solid stage without walkoff edges would be cool.
As would a legal Hanenbow be, maybe with a few slopes and no stupid changing leaves.

iLink

Smash Champion
I like the reverse battlefield platform layout like on rumble falls but not a huge fan the size or the slants.

I recall there was a stage added like that at one point in brawl+'s time.

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
Just saw some Project M footage that was saved on JCeasars Twitch channel. Dedede looks really unfinished lol. The change to a Melee like engine hasn't been good to him, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do with him.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
DDD's actually really good, regardless of how someone who didn't know how to use him made him look :p

Jonas

Smash Champion
That's surprising. I'd just imagine being less floaty really hurts his recovery, and that he's too easy to combo. But yeah I shouldn't draw my conclusions based on the stream :p

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
Is this project realistically going to be done in the next few months? or ever? I feel that you are going to lose your fan base as people forget about it, or plainly just don't care about it anymore. I'm slowly slipping into those categories.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Is this project realistically going to be done in the next few months? or ever? I feel that you are going to lose your fan base as people forget about it, or plainly just don't care about it anymore. I'm slowly slipping into those categories.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
The second public build is guaranteed to be released "by the end of March". Project:M will gain momentum through resurrected hype.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe demo part two will establish how much more there is to work on; EDIT: plus what 9Kplus1 said. The second demo will produce a lot of hype and its significantly closer resemblance to Melee will give it far FAR more longterm playability. The best advice I could give you is do what former regulars do now: come back every month or so to ask about progress and occupy yourself with something other than Project M's progression.

And honestly, this project has come a long way. There's only some niche (albeit still important) physics quirks to fix, but appears to be almost functionally identical to Melee. I think the only real hinderances to this project are the complicated characters (ICs and Olimar most notably).

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We are aiming to release somewhere near the end of March / beginning of April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom