• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
How many chars will be in the next version of the demo?
Not even the devs know. Though, rest assured that most of the characters from the demo will be making a return, with a sufficient amount of changes. From our perspective, though -- and the strong hopes of Project:M followers -- Lucario, DK, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard, Pit, Ike, and Ness are ready for the next release as well. Characters such as Squirtle, Luigi, Peach, and Toon Link still require a few tweaks before being considered acceptable for public contact; other characters, namely Kirby, Olimar, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers still require a lot of changes, before even being considered viable.

Lucas is just... ugh, ask a PMBR member about him.

Oh, and ROB is JC tier, meaning that he's certainly not ready for the next release :troll:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Realize that we're talking about Sheik in Melee, a notoriously dominant character with very few bad matchups, with Zelda covering the rest of her bases.

Find the number of unfavorable matchups Sheik may have on one hand.
See if Zelda could do any better in those matchups.

The fact that Sheik herself is still so very good doesn't leave many characters for Zelda to upskirt, except for the one possibility of Ice Climbers if they ever begin working properly. If you can beat a good Sheik, you can most assuredly beat their equivalent Zelda if you spent any time learning how to fight the character.
Except we AREN'T talking about melee sheik, we are talking about sheik in P:M. All those characters she dominated in Melee have been buffed very significantly. If this didn't result in sheik having more bad matchups, then we would have a new problem in that sheik would be too powerful compared to the rest of the cast.

And transform got all the lag taken off the end of the move so it's not as punishable.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Not even the devs know. Though, rest assured that most of the characters from the demo will be making a return. From our perspective, though -- and the strong hopes of Project:M followers -- Lucario, DK, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, and Ness are ready for the next release as well.
Ike, Wolf, Charizard, Bowser, and ROB also seem likely to be featured in Demo 2. However, I'd personally be willing to give up some characters in exchange for fixes/edits to the game mechanics (non-sticky techs, Melee edge techs, momentum active on frame 1, etc.).

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Ike, Wolf, Charizard, Bowser, and ROB also seem likely to be featured in Demo 2. However, I'd personally be willing to give up some characters in exchange for fixes/edits to the game mechanics (non-sticky techs, Melee edge techs, momentum active on frame 1, etc.).
Luigi would be nice, too.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm really hoping Peach makes it in Demo 2. From the looks from the streams, she looks pretty much complete (though I know nothing about modding so I wouldn't know if there're any bugs haha).

Seems like there will be a nice assortment of characters in the demo, which will be nice. Based on some replies, it doesn't sound like Lucas will be returning for demo 2. Wonder if anyone else will get cut.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
PS2 in P:M is the most neutral stage allignmment in Smash I've seen so far.
I wholly disagree.
I like how neither of you gave any sort of justification for your opinions on the stage. Personally I agree with Xebenkeck though- the platforms are large enough to be a factor but placed well enough to not be in the way if the players so choose.

G

genkaku

PM's current Battlefield is probably more neutral stage available, all things considered.
Does frozen PS2 have the same blastzones as PS1?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I personally wouldn't mind any of the lists stated above. I do have a question or rather a suggestion for Ike:M though feel free to shoot it down due to it has to do with his recovery but could you make his recovery sorta like that of sonics. I believe it would help him alot I cant say for sure if he needs it or not. only the devs would know.

by the above I mean like for example for a return do QD>if secondary jump is saved allow to cancel at the end of QD's dash to jump > up B. If he uses his second jump before QD just would qd to his death like how sonic would with spin dash. (>specialRight/Left Bair)

Again I can't say for sure if it would help him in the long run but it would help him on the stages that really don't have a big wall/pillar type thing to allow him to come back.

Back on topic with stages I too would like to see Peach's Castle 64 make a return as well. I forgot how fun that stage is.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick question, how are you guys going to deal with two high tiers (Sheik and Zelda) being interchangeable in terms of tournaments? It was never a problem before since Zelda was never any good, but now that Zelda's good too, their combined efforts could wreck havoc on even more matchups.
Still a legitimate question ^

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
How many chars will be in the next version of the demo?
Between 14 and 30.
I imagined this in the deepest voice possible.
http://vocaroo.com/?media=vC3uiS86V2KGc3zNG

I do have a question or rather a suggestion for Ike:M though feel free to shoot it down due to it has to do with his recovery but could you make his recovery sorta like that of sonics. I believe it would help him alot I cant say for sure if he needs it or not. only the devs would know.

by the above I mean like for example for a return do QD>if secondary jump is saved allow to cancel at the end of QD's dash to jump > up B. If he uses his second jump before QD just would qd to his death like how sonic would with spin dash. (>specialRight/Left Bair)
Ike's only difficulty in recovering comes from when he's far below and far to the side of the stage. Other than that, he has some pretty solid options, and I don't really think that he needs much improvement. He's a heavy character that can basically wall-jump from a huge distance away.

G

genkaku

Genkaku, we should set up some time where monk and I can drive down to milwaukee to play imo.
That'd be neat, but I dunno if it would be worth the drive for you. There are only 3 people that play here, haha.
I really want to try to actually get to the madison tournaments now, so we'll see how that works out, at least.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Except we AREN'T talking about melee sheik, we are talking about sheik in P:M. All those characters she dominated in Melee have been buffed very significantly. If this didn't result in sheik having more bad matchups, then we would have a new problem in that sheik would be too powerful compared to the rest of the cast.

And transform got all the lag taken off the end of the move so it's not as punishable.
If they have been buffed so significantly, what reason is there to assume that they can't deal with Zelda, too?

Too many what-ifs without letting things take their flow is a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom