• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I like how neither of you gave any sort of justification for your opinions on the stage. Personally I agree with Xebenkeck though- the platforms are large enough to be a factor but placed well enough to not be in the way if the players so choose.
Brawl stage mentality. I don't feel the need to bring it into this thread.

Also, I personally believe that a true neutral stage is MU-specific, it isn't the stage which keeps the ratio the closest to the perceived amount, but keeps the ratio closest to 50:50.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yep. Which is why I wholly disagree with PS2 being the perfect neutral.

Oh also, with the second demo, will there be a text file accompanying it this time? I'd really like to not have to pull shenanigans to add several aesthetic codes this time.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
PS2 to me is "most" neutral because from what I have seen, and played in demo 1. It very rarly gives a character any significant advantage over the other. Stages like FD obviously give certain characters advantage, battlefield you NEVER want to be on the top platform unless you are camping hardcore like YL or Jiggly or Peach. And the high blastzone really favors fox/falco/falcon Dreamland heavily favors floaties. Marth's and Falco on Yoshi's.

PS2 from what I've seen doesn't really benefit/demote anyone. Everyone can strut their stuff there. The blast zones are very fair. And the platform layout is really good. The platforms offer enough mobility options to avoid campers but also allow you to continue offence and strings.

Also I do agree with you Supreme Dirt that the "most neutral stage" changes depending on match-up, hence the stage striking. That said I think Ps2(P:M version) would be agreed to on a higher frequency then say Dreamland/FD/FoD for the starting match. I hope that makes sense lol.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm sure people will still be saying things like "omg how could X character not be included in demo 2?? I used this character all the time in melee / brawl"

Sort of like Demo 1 and people saying why isn't Peach, samus, etc. included.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So just curious is Demo2(and 1 for that matter) your guys form of "Beta" testing? Getting the game into other peoples hands to test the balance, mechanics, potential problems, get reaction etc. Or do plan on doing a differnt ttype of form of Beta testing?

Also for those that don't know:
Alpha testing is testing done by developers exclusively, the people who made the game.

Beta testing is giving the game to people not on developement team to further test it. I.E. Capcom giving mvC3 to certain professional players to test.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think Demo 3 will probably be called "Full Release", but that's probably just me.

Smashville is kinda big, imo. Especially with the smaller character models. Like, it seems bigger than FD actually.

@ Xeben: I would think so. Fly and all the playtesters have been playing around with it for a long time now.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I like to think of the Public demos less as open betas and more as rewards from the PMBR for everyone's patience. The PMBR has no logical reason to release an extremely incomplete work to the public's eye simply for "beta testing." Be grateful for what you get and don't be greedy.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So just curious is Demo2(and 1 for that matter) your guys form of "Beta" testing? Getting the game into other peoples hands to test the balance, mechanics, potential problems, get reaction etc. Or do plan on doing a different type of form of Beta testing?
It's a valuable way to 1) Maintain/increase hype 2) Gauge public opinion on various aspects of the game 3) Vastly increase the amount of people actively playtesting and giving feedback.

While that does appear more or less synonymous with the term "beta," we prefer the term public demo.

Unfortunately Demo 1 is too outdated to be of use anymore for much of anything besides giving a super-rough teaser for people not fluent in Melee's finer mechanics.

I'm having wet dreams of Nintendo hiring Project M Back-room to make the next Smash installment
Me too.

G

genkaku

I hope that the camera still shakes every time bowser moves. It is by far my favorite part of PM, haha.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I just noticed I had 2 whole posts removed from this thread. Get *****.

BTW....Pit looks alot closer to done then ever before....what are the chances of him being near complete enough to be in demo 2?

Stevo

Smash Champion
Approximately 33.33%, repeating of course.
im coming up with 32.33 percent, repeating of course, chance of survival Pit being in demo 2

Leeroy Jenkins should do the intro to Project M

PROJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCTTTTT

MEEELEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even play WoW, but I always found that funny. Plus his voice is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom