• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think having endlag is the only thing most of MK's problem moves need.
I suppose it depends on how much its increased. If you increase the endlag, you should also increase the KB/hitstun accordingly so that way the move still maintains its functionality. Of course, you'd be asking: "then how did it change?". Well, slowing down the time between attacks even though they still chain together means that DI has more of an effect= prediction comes in place/ the attack has to be good enough for the player to take the risk.

tl;dr. If you increase endlag to make MK's moves less auto combo and safe... thats a good thing. But you have to also increase the KB slightly so MK players take the risk with these adjusted moves.

But yeah, it could be a simple solution

Starscream

Smash Ace
Random thought of the day:

Meta Knight is pretty fun to play as in Brawl (camping aside). Even M2K himself has claimed he plays like a Melee character, which is why he is so attached to the character.

So I was thinking, maybe it would be cool to keep his moveset and feel identical to his Brawl incarnation. I haven't been following the project TOO much, but last I remember, you guys increased his weight so that he was a fast faller. That's an interesting idea, but it makes playing him feel really weird. He's obviously meant to be a floaty, as he's a puffball. It looked like he was fighting against gravity with every jump, lol

Of course, there has to be a catch: Make him Dark Phoenix. A glass cannon. The project has taken ideas from fighting games already (super-armor-all-day Bowser, Lucaryu), and I think it would be really cool to have this broken character that has a **** ton of tools, is super fast, tons of jumps, has a great recovery... but dies at 60%. Wanna use the banned-tier character? Gotta take the risk.

Not sure if it's entirely feasible, but just wanted to throw it out there.
This idea sounds kinda cool.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Eewww Phoenix what a terrible addition to Marvel 3. I would say her playstyle should be burned in the furnace but that wouldn't do much. Just kill it in some gruesome way.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Eewww Phoenix what a terrible addition to Marvel 3. I would say her playstyle should be burned in the furnace but that wouldn't do much. Just kill it in some gruesome way.
And now there's Wesker with the power of Aura.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
So I've been thinking about Olimar for a while now and I've come up with some ideas for him. I don't know what the PMBR has planned so far, but it couldn't hurt to put some more ideas out there.

I'm in love with the idea of Olimar being a pseudo-stance change character, and I've thought up some pretty cool ideas imo based on this.
One of the most entertaining things about being an Olimar player is working with what you have imo. By this I mean his random Pikmin pulls. Strategically throwing away Pikmin that aren't useful at the moment and keeping the useful ones is part of what makes Olimar such a fun and engaging character to play. That being said, The effects of the different Pikimin should be given even more importance than they had previously:
Red: The baseline Pikmin. Standard knockback and damage.
Yellow: The combo Pikmin. Lower knockback and growth to keep combos consistent through varying percentages
Blue: The semi-spike Pikmin. Useful for sending opponents at awkward angles. Essential for gimping.
Purple: The KO Pikmin. Self explanatory.
White: The tricky Pikmin. KB identical to the red Pikmin, but attacks send opponents in the opposite direction when compared to reds.

Olimar would keep his 6 Pikmin maximum as he did in Brawl, but instead of switching Pikmin after every move, Olimar would keep the same Pikmin until he switches it. The Pikmin drectly behind him would become the active Pikmin and the one he switched out would go to the back of the line. For example if Olimar had
<red> <yellow> <white> <purple>
and he used his whistle, his order would then be
<purple> <red> <yellow> <white>
The purple moved to the back and the white becomes the active Pikmin.
Because of this new switching system, Olimar would have to have a different set of Smash attacks. A "bat-swing' for an f-smash, a Samus-like sweep for a d-smash, and his u-smash can remain the same.

Pikmin would also be invincible. They wouldn't die from enemy attacks. Pikmin would only die when they are thrown and that brings me to the new side b:
Thrown Red: Does not latch on. Acts as a normal projectile. Dies on contact. with enemy
Thrown Yellow: Latches on and after a short period, it delivers a shock that paralyzes the enemy much like ZSS's stun gun. Dies after performing the attack.
Thrown Blue: Send the opponent weakly at a semi spike trajectory, making this one of the most useful Pikmin to throw. Dies on contact with enemy.
Throw Purple: Greater knockback than red but with shorter distance. Dies on contct with enemy.
Thrown White: The only Pikmin that latches on and does constant damage. Same attributes as vBrawl. Dies after being shaken off.
As soon as a Pikmin is thrown, Olimar would change to the next Pikmin in line.

Next is how the actual "stance change" would work. By utilizing down-b, Olimar would be able to instantly change to a different Pikmin. Jabs, tilts, and aerials (that hit) would be cancelable into a Pikmin change, but only aerials, specials, and smash attacks would be able to cancel the lag on a Pikmin change. Olimar would be unable to cancel an attack into a change it unless hits.
For example, Olimar could perform the following actions:

Jab combo (hits) -> Change -> Smash/Special
Tilt (hits) -> Change -> Smash/Special
Aerial (hits) -> Change -> Special
Aerial (hits) -> Change -> Aerial (hits) -> Change -> etc...
Change -> Change -> Change -> etc...

This last action means that Olimar would be able to, almost instantly, access any Pikmin in his line-up provided that he changes the appropriate amount of times. The super armor on his whistle would have to be removed to accommodate this.

Finally, this last idea I thought up is kind of wonky, but it could work (if it's possible to code).
When Olimar plucks a Pikmin with the same color as one he already has in his line-up, the Pikmin he just plucked would group with the existing Pikmin of that color. For example, if Olimar has this line up:
<red> <blue> <white> <purple>
and he plucks another white Pikmin, his order would look like this:
<red <blue> <white> <white> <purple>
Instead of going to the back of the line, the white Pikmin groups with it's other white Pikmin homie.
This grouping isn't just for looks. When Olimar uses an attack that requires a Pikmin, ALL the Pikmin of that color would join together and increase the range of his attack. This means that if he has 3 reds as his active Pikmin and he uses an fsmash, the f-smash would reach 3 times farther than it normally would. To compensate for the extended reach, the attack that Olimar uses would do less damage and KB depending on which Pikmin in the chain he hit his opponent with. The farther away the Pikmin is from Olimar, the less KB and damage it does. Again, I don't know if this is even possible to code, but I thought it was a cool idea.

Edit: Also, what was wrong with the Pikmin footstool idea again? I remember someone saying that it wasn't going to be put in or it was impossible to code, but I can't remember why.
I'm also not too sure about Pikmin being invincible, allowing them to take damage might be a better course of action.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
SS has some pretty bad controls and the worst overworld in any Zelda. I don't know if its worse than PH, but it's definitely the worst console Zelda title.

>MK as dark phoenix.

Totally balanced.
inb4someonementionszeldacdigames

Zelda 2 is among my top 3 favorite Zeldas, losing only to ALTTP and Majora's Mask.

Anyway, Oli concepts Noted.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
ALttP doesn't make my top 3 personally, gets beat out by LA.

It's also very close between Zelda 2, MM, and FSA after that.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's possible for there to be a BEST among MM, Oot, Zelda 2, and ALttP. They're all amazing. I think it just boils down to which one had the most impact on you and for me, it was OoT.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm actually surprised MM is considered top 3.. I didn't like it very much. Lttp, OoT, SS and Link's adventure were better for me.
That would be Zelda II: The Adventure of Link to you, sir.

Kage doesn't like the darkest Zelda title yet? What has the world come to :(
I'd argue that Zelda II is darker, but they're pretty close. MM just benefited from much more advanced technology. The whole story of the Prince having his own sister cursed and then he dies, Link's blood being used to resurrect Ganon, etc.

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
Zelda 2 is among my top 3 favorite Zeldas, losing only to ALTTP and Majora's Mask.
This man has taste, that is a great top 3 for the series.
Agreed.

Though I've only just recently played Zelda 2.. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit!
(Yea some parts were a pain in the ***.. but overall I thought it was pretty good.)

Funnily enough, while playing through Skyward Sword the combat often reminded me of Zelda 2. :awesome:

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
Posted again because of fast moving page. Show Olimar some love!

[COLLAPSE=""]So I've been thinking about Olimar for a while now and I've come up with some ideas for him. I don't know what the PMBR has planned so far, but it couldn't hurt to put some more ideas out there.

I'm in love with the idea of Olimar being a pseudo-stance change character, and I've thought up some pretty cool ideas imo based on this.
One of the most entertaining things about being an Olimar player is working with what you have imo. By this I mean his random Pikmin pulls. Strategically throwing away Pikmin that aren't useful at the moment and keeping the useful ones is part of what makes Olimar such a fun and engaging character to play. That being said, The effects of the different Pikimin should be given even more importance than they had previously:
Red: The baseline Pikmin. Standard knockback and damage.
Yellow: The combo Pikmin. Lower knockback and growth to keep combos consistent through varying percentages
Blue: The semi-spike Pikmin. Useful for sending opponents at awkward angles. Essential for gimping.
Purple: The KO Pikmin. Self explanatory.
White: The tricky Pikmin. KB identical to the red Pikmin, but attacks send opponents in the opposite direction when compared to reds.

Olimar would keep his 6 Pikmin maximum as he did in Brawl, but instead of switching Pikmin after every move, Olimar would keep the same Pikmin until he switches it. The Pikmin drectly behind him would become the active Pikmin and the one he switched out would go to the back of the line. For example if Olimar had
<red> <yellow> <white> <purple>
and he used his whistle, his order would then be
<purple> <red> <yellow> <white>
The purple moved to the back and the white becomes the active Pikmin.
Because of this new switching system, Olimar would have to have a different set of Smash attacks. A "bat-swing' for an f-smash, a Samus-like sweep for a d-smash, and his u-smash can remain the same.

Pikmin would also be invincible. They wouldn't die from enemy attacks. Pikmin would only die when they are thrown and that brings me to the new side b:
Thrown Red: Does not latch on. Acts as a normal projectile. Dies on contact. with enemy
Thrown Yellow: Latches on and after a short period, it delivers a shock that paralyzes the enemy much like ZSS's stun gun. Dies after performing the attack.
Thrown Blue: Send the opponent weakly at a semi spike trajectory, making this one of the most useful Pikmin to throw. Dies on contact with enemy.
Throw Purple: Greater knockback than red but with shorter distance. Dies on contct with enemy.
Thrown White: The only Pikmin that latches on and does constant damage. Same attributes as vBrawl. Dies after being shaken off.
As soon as a Pikmin is thrown, Olimar would change to the next Pikmin in line.

Next is how the actual "stance change" would work. By utilizing down-b, Olimar would be able to instantly change to a different Pikmin. Jabs, tilts, and aerials (that hit) would be cancelable into a Pikmin change, but only aerials, specials, and smash attacks would be able to cancel the lag on a Pikmin change. Olimar would be unable to cancel an attack into a change it unless hits.
For example, Olimar could perform the following actions:

Jab combo (hits) -> Change -> Smash/Special
Tilt (hits) -> Change -> Smash/Special
Aerial (hits) -> Change -> Special
Aerial (hits) -> Change -> Aerial (hits) -> Change -> etc...
Change -> Change -> Change -> etc...

This last action means that Olimar would be able to, almost instantly, access any Pikmin in his line-up provided that he changes the appropriate amount of times. The super armor on his whistle would have to be removed to accommodate this.

Finally, this last idea I thought up is kind of wonky, but it could work (if it's possible to code).
When Olimar plucks a Pikmin with the same color as one he already has in his line-up, the Pikmin he just plucked would group with the existing Pikmin of that color. For example, if Olimar has this line up:
<red> <blue> <white> <purple>
and he plucks another white Pikmin, his order would look like this:
<red> <blue> <white> <white> <purple>
Instead of going to the back of the line, the white Pikmin groups with its other white Pikmin homie.
This grouping isn't just for looks. When Olimar uses an attack that requires a Pikmin, ALL the Pikmin of that color would join together and increase the range of his attack. This means that if he has 3 reds as his active Pikmin and he uses an fsmash, the f-smash would reach 3 times farther than it normally would. To compensate for the extended reach, the attack that Olimar uses would do less damage and KB depending on which Pikmin in the chain he hit his opponent with. The farther away the Pikmin is from Olimar, the less KB and damage it does. Again, I don't know if this is even possible to code, but I thought it was a cool idea.

Edit: Also, what was wrong with the Pikmin footstool idea again? I remember someone saying that it wasn't going to be put in or it was impossible to code, but I can't remember why.
I'm also not too sure about Pikmin being invincible, allowing them to take damage might be a better course of action.[/COLLAPSE]

G

genkaku

I just didn't care for zelda2. No real specifics, it just wasn't all that enjoyable to me.
ALttP is my fav. grew up on that ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom