• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
hm.. now it would be nice f you could record all the "mew2king"s by themselves and the rest of the lyrics without them... would be easier for you to keep consistent rythm, and easier for me to put music on it...

the quality is ok enough though=)...

@Jedi: lol... got a little high recording volume there=)...
sure, I was actually thinking of that, but i thought it would sound weird as an initial "audition" sorta thing lol. i just did it for fun so i didn't bother at first, but i can do that for you asap :)

MaxThunder

PM Support
sure, I was actually thinking of that, but i thought it would sound weird as an initial "audition" sorta thing lol. i just did it for fun so i didn't bother at first, but i can do that for you asap :)
Cool=)... then i'll get started on making tha music... well as soon as i get the time... probably around next weekend... quite busy at school and stuff...

`dazrin

Smash Champion
hmm. a bit late but can you post a link to the song you were asked to sing?
MEW2KING/MARTH THEME SONG! EVERYONE SING ALONG!

I wanna be the very best
That M2K almost was
To get grabs is my real test
to chain them is my cause~
I will travel across Dream land, searching far and wide~
Each character to find a way to kill them off the side~

MEW2KING!

It's chu and me, I know it's my destiny! -MEW2KING!

ohhhhh I'll be just like ken, with the edge I must defend! -MEW2KING!

A John so true!

our fanboys will pull us through. you teach me and I'll teach you

MEW! 2! KING!

Gotta gimp 'em all, GOTTA GIMP 'EM ALL!

MEW2KING!
to the pokemon theme lol

edit: sorry if this is all super offtopic :( dunno where else to put it.

Lets get back on topic, shall we?

So, Olimar/ Ivy.. haven't heard from em in awhile. How are they looking devs? :S

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Can be used to balance characters, but there is no logic to most things that are different.

-is there logic that Zelda standing grab was like 12 frames in melee, it's not like her grabs are OMG SO GOOD.
-Was there logic to ness and Lucas having 40 frame grab-releases, marth having 25, and bowser Dk having 20?
-Why was G&W shield horrible in melee, was he seen as too f'n good.
-Your explaination to peach air-dodge makes some sense but thats the answer to balancing her floating? How about making her aerials not as ridiculous, oh wait brawl did that and gave her a ****ty air-dodge, and look what happened to her.
-Is there a reason Jigglypuff shield kills her, was she seen as a god send in 64 that she needed to be capital punished for blocking?
-Samus's rolls were bad because...........
-Falcon's tech in melee was used to balance him right? right? I don't think so.
-Again Falco, Link, DDD spot dodges were god-sends in Brawl for what reason again?
-Why is Samus tether grapple so much worse then Links even though they are the same function?
and so on...

As you can see there is absolutly no logic to ANY of these arbitrary differences, to say they were intentionally designed those ways to balance the roster is not true. These changes do the exact opposite of balance they create horrendous imbalances among the cast.

If they are to be different there needs to be reason to it, and a very clear reason to it. Something like "these characters are light, therefore they ALL have faster rolls to help them evade damage better."

Sorry for the late response btw.
What this argument is missing is the fact that, while the changes were being made, Sakurai believed they were balancing the game. His idea of how good a character is is vastly different from ours. It's silly to assume he knew a character was bad and needed it "randomly." He obviously thought the character needed a nerf. You might not see logic, but I'm fairly certain Sakurai did.

Whether or not those specific changes made Sakurai actually balanced the game is irrelevant. What's important is that, in the right hands, certain things CAN BE used for balance.

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Okay, then I'd like to discuss the potential for MK's new moveset. 'Not a question for the PMBR, obviously, but what is everyone else's interpretation on "Making him more canon" and "Hienkyaku." In addition, what moveset changes does everyone else want for the masked pom pom?

I have my own ideas but I'd like to hear others' first.

Nicole

Smash Champion
You underestimate vanity, young padawan.
vanity has nothing to do with it.
where i am mentioned will be the threads that interest me the most. 1) cause i'm mentioned. 2) cause they probably have to do with something that i'm interested in responding to/viewing

but i am a pretty cocky ******* too sooooooooo :awesome:

anyway i didnt like peach, but jigglypuff was pretty fun i thought. i mean you guys did a pretty good job, i just dont really care about mods.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Can be used to balance characters, but there is no logic to most things that are different.

-is there logic that Zelda standing grab was like 12 frames in melee, it's not like her grabs are OMG SO GOOD.
-Was there logic to ness and Lucas having 40 frame grab-releases, marth having 25, and bowser Dk having 20?
-Why was G&W shield horrible in melee, was he seen as too f'n good.
-Your explaination to peach air-dodge makes some sense but thats the answer to balancing her floating? How about making her aerials not as ridiculous, oh wait brawl did that and gave her a ****ty air-dodge, and look what happened to her.
-Is there a reason Jigglypuff shield kills her, was she seen as a god send in 64 that she needed to be capital punished for blocking?
-Samus's rolls were bad because...........
-Falcon's tech in melee was used to balance him right? right? I don't think so.
-Again Falco, Link, DDD spot dodges were god-sends in Brawl for what reason again?
-Why is Samus tether grapple so much worse then Links even though they are the same function?
and so on...

As you can see there is absolutly no logic to ANY of these arbitrary differences, to say they were intentionally designed those ways to balance the roster is not true. These changes do the exact opposite of balance they create horrendous imbalances among the cast.

If they are to be different there needs to be reason to it, and a very clear reason to it. Something like "these characters are light, therefore they ALL have faster rolls to help them evade damage better."

Sorry for the late response btw.

EDIT: you also just said the reason RE grabs were made universal was because only a few characters could do it. See even you guys saw the IMBALANCE that created when they weren't universal.
This post is the lamest garbage I've ever seen in my entire life.
1. Any complaints about Brawl should be disregarded, Sakurai has been quoted for saying he didn't want to stress himself about balance after Melee. We can see this by the fact he changed the game physics so he wouldn't be able to improve on Melee. Also, FYI, Sakurai balanced every brawl character BY HIMSELF. Probably why the Kirby characters ended up being so good
2. Why are you complaining about the negative attributes of good characters and the positive attributes of bad ones? Captain Falcon's techs and Jigg's shield clearly aren't holding them back from placing high on the tier list. And I wanted to slam my head into the desk when I read that you complained about Link having a fast dodge when he is horribly slow. Also, good one about Samus's grab not being as good as Link's. its clearly the reason why Samus is the crap char and Link is not the viable one... oh wait

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Don't make me laugh. Last I checked Kirby was E tier.
Please stop linking to Smash Wikia. Use the community supported ssbwiki.com instead. Smash Wikia is outdated and a part of the wikia group, and gets most of its information second hand from ssbwiki.

And Sakurai had very little to do with the "Balancing" of Brawl. He has stated in at least one interview that his role was mainly to overlook the project and "make sure everything felt and looked good." In other words, his balancing plan was "Make MK cooler, he isn't cool enough."

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Please stop linking to Smash Wikia. Use the community supported ssbwiki.com instead. Smash Wikia is outdated and a part of the wikia group, and gets most of its information second hand from ssbwiki.

And Sakurai had very little to do with the "Balancing" of Brawl. He has stated in at least one interview that his role was mainly to overlook the project and "make sure everything felt and looked good." In other words, his balancing plan was "Make MK cooler, he isn't cool enough."
Well, he's still E-tier according to the link you posted.

Kirby is good.

She's better than Pichu, at least.

Um...she?

Kirby's a dude.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
So, yeah time for my MK ideas. At least worth putting them out .

Nair: A single vertical sword swing in front of MK, after which MK holds his sword out. The move can only hit once but has two different ways it can hit. If the initial swing hits, the enemy goes up at a combo friendly ~60 degree angle and MK passes through the enemy. If this portion of the move hits, MK can cancel the rest of the move with a special. If the held out sword hits, however, the enemy gets knocked considerably weaker at around a 40 degree angle, or 25 or whatever other semi-spike angle **** you. If MK hits the enemy with the held out portion of the attack, he bounces off them and returns to his neutral falling animation. If the move doesn't hit, or hits a shield, he can not cancel the move in anyway, and it has a noticeable endlag.

Fair: A single horizontal swing in front of Metaknight, which leaves him turned around, facing away from the enemy. Has 2 or 3 active frames and it starts and ends fast enough to do 2 in one SH. Hits the enemy weakly horizontally from MK.

Bair: A single horizontal swing behind Metaknight, which leaves him turned around, facing toward the enemy. Has 3 active frames and ends fast enough to do one bair, then Waveland, or fair. Hits the enemy upward without much growth.

Fair and Bair in Conjunction: These two moves both turn MK around, causing him to face the opposite direction. They both have fairly short cool downs and can be used multiple times in a single air venture. Their knockback angles and low KBG allow them to be consistently comboed at medium-high percents, but low BKB prevents them from being very useful in combos at low percents. When using these moves, one can take advantage of the difference in direction it causes MK to face and take advantage of Uair and Dair having different knockback angles dependinding on where they hit. To elaborate, I transition now into...

Dair: A slightly modified animation (Maybe like one extra frame mid swing), but still the dair that MK knows and loves to abuse. Or it would be, were it not for an increased in cool down that prevents this move from being used while rising. If you try to "AERIAL IS DOOOWWN PRESS IT WHILE I'M JUMPING UPPP," MK will actually lose height, making the move much less retardedly safe. However, it isn't all bad news for the move. Because of the extra frame in the animation, the move has modified hitboxes that cause the move to be 1.5 times as effective at actually hitting. During the first half of the swing, two hitboxes appear, one in front of MK and one below him. On the second half of the animation, the front hitbox disappears and another hitbox appears right behind him, while leaving the bottom hitbox out. So, the end result is 2 frames active hitbox right below him, and 1 frame each in front of and behind him. Which one of these hitboxes hit determines how the opponent flies, and it plays integrally into MK's use of Fair and Bair. If the front hitbox hits, the enemy is semi-spiked away from MK, if the bottom hitbox hits, the enemy is popped above MK, and if the back hitbox hits, the enemy is sent at a 115 degree angle, popping them in front of and right above MK.

Uair: Metaknight's favourite combo move in Brawl. Unfortunately, with Melee physics, the move works very oddly as it stands, so this will hopefully solve the problem. Like dair, an extra frame of animation is added to the swing, causing the move to have 2 active frames. The first half of the swing as well as the top hitbox hit the opponent upward, but the back hitbox has a semi-spike property. Or maybe the other way around whatever **** you.

These key changes to MK's aerial game would make him be a character all about knowing how and when to use each of his fast aerials in a brief time frame, in theorysmashbros.

No clue what to do with that atrocity of a ground game he has.

Well, he's still E-tier according to the link you posted.
That is not the point of the post I made.

KinkLink5: up b and side b use the same counter
Your message was not sent because you are sending messages too quickly.
KinkLink5: up b and side b use the same counter
Your message was not sent because it is identical to the previous one you sent, less than 30 seconds ago.
KinkLink5: :V
Your message was not sent because you are sending messages too quickly.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
This post is the lamest garbage I've ever seen in my entire life.
1. Any complaints about Brawl should be disregarded, Sakurai has been quoted for saying he didn't want to stress himself about balance after Melee. We can see this by the fact he changed the game physics so he wouldn't be able to improve on Melee. Also, FYI, Sakurai balanced every brawl character BY HIMSELF. Probably why the Kirby characters ended up being so good
2. Why are you complaining about the negative attributes of good characters and the positive attributes of bad ones? Captain Falcon's techs and Jigg's shield clearly aren't holding them back from placing high on the tier list. And I wanted to slam my head into the desk when I read that you complained about Link having a fast dodge when he is horribly slow. Also, good one about Samus's grab not being as good as Link's. its clearly the reason why Samus is the crap char and Link is not the viable one... oh wait
This is the worst bought of verbal diharrea I have ever heard and all should be disregarded. Im right your wrong.

See how arrogant that sounds *******

Besides everything you point out here is irrelevant to the main point I am making, so when you learn to read, come back and address what I'm actually saying.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
JCaesar's stream has been lagging a lot for me, while Ryoko's has been fine.
Anyone else having this problem?
EDIT: Ryoko's is lagging too now, I guess the problem is on my side.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
JCaesar's stream has been lagging a lot for me, while Ryoko's has been fine.
Anyone else having this problem?
EDIT: Ryoko's is lagging too now, I guess the problem is on my side.
Jcaesar said last night he was using his old cpu. Whether he is right now i don't know but that could be part of the problem.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
New page, repost.

[collapse=Quote Collapsed]So, yeah time for my MK ideas. At least worth putting them out .

Nair: A single vertical sword swing in front of MK, after which MK holds his sword out. The move can only hit once but has two different ways it can hit. If the initial swing hits, the enemy goes up at a combo friendly ~60 degree angle and MK passes through the enemy. If this portion of the move hits, MK can cancel the rest of the move with a special. If the held out sword hits, however, the enemy gets knocked considerably weaker at around a 40 degree angle, or 25 or whatever other semi-spike angle **** you. If MK hits the enemy with the held out portion of the attack, he bounces off them and returns to his neutral falling animation. If the move doesn't hit, or hits a shield, he can not cancel the move in anyway, and it has a noticeable endlag.

Fair: A single horizontal swing in front of Metaknight, which leaves him turned around, facing away from the enemy. Has 2 or 3 active frames and it starts and ends fast enough to do 2 in one SH. Hits the enemy weakly horizontally from MK.

Bair: A single horizontal swing behind Metaknight, which leaves him turned around, facing toward the enemy. Has 3 active frames and ends fast enough to do one bair, then Waveland, or fair. Hits the enemy upward without much growth.

Fair and Bair in Conjunction: These two moves both turn MK around, causing him to face the opposite direction. They both have fairly short cool downs and can be used multiple times in a single air venture. Their knockback angles and low KBG allow them to be consistently comboed at medium-high percents, but low BKB prevents them from being very useful in combos at low percents. When using these moves, one can take advantage of the difference in direction it causes MK to face and take advantage of Uair and Dair having different knockback angles dependinding on where they hit. To elaborate, I transition now into...

Dair: A slightly modified animation (Maybe like one extra frame mid swing), but still the dair that MK knows and loves to abuse. Or it would be, were it not for an increased in cool down that prevents this move from being used while rising. If you try to "AERIAL IS DOOOWWN PRESS IT WHILE I'M JUMPING UPPP," MK will actually lose height, making the move much less retardedly safe. However, it isn't all bad news for the move. Because of the extra frame in the animation, the move has modified hitboxes that cause the move to be 1.5 times as effective at actually hitting. During the first half of the swing, two hitboxes appear, one in front of MK and one below him. On the second half of the animation, the front hitbox disappears and another hitbox appears right behind him, while leaving the bottom hitbox out. So, the end result is 2 frames active hitbox right below him, and 1 frame each in front of and behind him. Which one of these hitboxes hit determines how the opponent flies, and it plays integrally into MK's use of Fair and Bair. If the front hitbox hits, the enemy is semi-spiked away from MK, if the bottom hitbox hits, the enemy is popped above MK, and if the back hitbox hits, the enemy is sent at a 115 degree angle, popping them in front of and right above MK.

Uair: Metaknight's favourite combo move in Brawl. Unfortunately, with Melee physics, the move works very oddly as it stands, so this will hopefully solve the problem. Like dair, an extra frame of animation is added to the swing, causing the move to have 2 active frames. The first half of the swing as well as the top hitbox hit the opponent upward, but the back hitbox has a semi-spike property. Or maybe the other way around whatever **** you.

These key changes to MK's aerial game would make him be a character all about knowing how and when to use each of his fast aerials in a brief time frame, in theorysmashbros.

No clue what to do with that atrocity of a ground game he has.
[/collapse]

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Is it possible to make MK's 3rd, 4th, and 5th jumps tug down before going up? That way if you do an aerial during these "tug" frames in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th jumps he will DJC and lose height?

Might make his Uair/Dair less abusable and require more thought process from the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom