• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's confusion should cause tripping, that would make more sense than spinning around.
Kinda like that idea. Let Mewtwo tech chase...

Okay got some ideas brewing...
How about keeping the spin and having the opponent get slammed down afterwards. Like a longer range, slower version of Ganon's side B. Then Mewtwo could tech chase like Ganon - following up perhaps with more confusion after a tech or maybe a downsmash on a backroller or even a grab (yikes). And if the opponent decided to stay on the ground, Mewtwo could use confusion again, lifting his opponent and spinning them upward.

And something a bit more crazy that could make this confusion idea broken...
Since confusion in the Pokemon games caused the enemy to hurt itself, if the opponent tries hitting Mewtwo during confusion's cooldown frames, they instead hurt themselves, pretty much like a counter that only works on the last frames of confusion. And it should reflect projectiles too. Yeah, might be too good... lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
So, I have a few questions regarding recent breakthroughs.
Will Landing Detection be inside the characters .pac file and will DI be a code or is it something bigger than that?
They are both codes but the LD ones require the animation fixes in order to work properly (motionetc stuff) so you can't really use LD as a standalone thing at all.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Don't act like someone isn't going to create a pack that includes Landing Detection on vBrawl with the animation fixes. Sometime after the full release I'm sure it'll be usable by everyone once someone bothers throwing it together.

Also on the topic of Mewtwo, the BR has already interviewed Taj on what M2 would need to be a good character, and it's rather lengthy. I think when the clone engine is perfected, Mewtwo will sneak his way in there with Taj's wet dream stamped onto it.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
Don't act like someone isn't going to create a pack that includes Landing Detection on vBrawl with the animation fixes. Sometime after the full release I'm sure it'll be usable by everyone once someone bothers throwing it together.

Also on the topic of Mewtwo, the BR has already interviewed Taj on what M2 would need to be a good character, and it's rather lengthy. I think when the clone engine is perfected, Mewtwo will sneak his way in there with Taj's wet dream stamped onto it.
Agreed. the LD Code will Spread like wildfire and as for the mewtwo changes i also agree with those. he does need more kill power and longer range mostly

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I'm using the 'X' button, always did that way. Usually, you can get used to placing your thumb on the two buttons at once, of maximum fastness.

I might be tilting the stick too early, gonna look into that. Thanks
If you jump with X then try bair'ing with the C-stick, that should take care of it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, what's vBrawl? I beleive its existence was rendered void. Isn't Brawl just an adapter to play Project M on the Wii? :p

shanus

Smash Hero
Agreed. the LD Code will Spread like wildfire and as for the mewtwo changes i also agree with those. he does need more kill power and longer range mostly
Unless people learn to make animation fixes on numerous characters, this isn't happening lol.

Slashy

Smash Lord
We could put landing detection in Brawl- and Brawl+. I really don't understand why it was removed in the first place, it isn't something like double stick DI or tethers or lightshielding that made the game more simplistic, as well as accommodating a variety of controls.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
SCD codes in vBrawl? Short answer: not a great idea

Long answer:

Adding the stage collision codes to vBrawl would not work well.

In vBrawl (and anything other than PM), sakurai built all of the jump squat animations and landing animations with the intention that the transition point between land and air would more or less be at the tips of the feet.

Brawl's normal landing animations (Heavy and Special Landings), for instance, start with the character appearing to be in the air, with the character continuing to fall for a frame or two before sinking into a crouch position.

In Melee the characters fall until their knees hit the floor and then go straight into the crouched position for the landing animation.

Additionally, Brawl's jump startup (squat) animations have part of the initial aerial segment built in, whereas Melee's go straight from the squat position to a 'true' aerial state.

If you were to just add the SCD codes to vBrawl, you would have a character who looked like they're taking off and landing twice -- how extreme this effect is would vary from character to character.

It's not as easy as letting other groups use our animations, either, since most aerial animations need to be changed as well as all jump squat and landing animations. It would take more time than it'd be worth to separate these changes out from our pacs which already have so much PM-specific stuff loaded into them.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not to mention it would be such an insignificant difference on Brawl's gameplay anyways. Land near your knees or teleport to the ground, you're still playing Brawl.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
As stated before. We're not going to touch Friendly Fire. We never said we could or could not mess with it at all. It's fine as is.

/discussion
FINE GEEZ

Kinda like that idea. Let Mewtwo tech chase...

Okay got some ideas brewing...
How about keeping the spin and having the opponent get slammed down afterwards. Like a longer range, slower version of Ganon's side B. Then Mewtwo could tech chase like Ganon - following up perhaps with more confusion after a tech or maybe a downsmash on a backroller or even a grab (yikes). And if the opponent decided to stay on the ground, Mewtwo could use confusion again, lifting his opponent and spinning them upward.

And something a bit more crazy that could make this confusion idea broken...
Since confusion in the Pokemon games caused the enemy to hurt itself, if the opponent tries hitting Mewtwo during confusion's cooldown frames, they instead hurt themselves, pretty much like a counter that only works on the last frames of confusion. And it should reflect projectiles too. Yeah, might be too good... lol.
I definitely like the idea of bringing back Mewtwo's confusion from Melee. I'm not sure it actually confusing people would be broken, though; it IS kinda tricky to land - Taj just makes it look easy. I disagree with it confusing upon the last frames of the animation of the move, though; I think the move itself should inflict a short-term status effect.

Their eyes could turn red (I've seen that happen on the show before) or ducks could spin around their head and make that annoying sound upon being confused. It could last for a few seconds, during which time if they tried to attack the hitbox of said attack has a 25% chance (I think that's the chance of hurting yourself in Pkmn is) of becoming an enemy hitbox upon startup while simultaneously placing a hurtbox inside of that hitbox.

A hurtbox inside of a hitbox....
hitception...yeah that was terrible.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
question......how's the c-stick atm? does it still function as a button or an analog now?

it's frustrating in the demo that it often does tilts when trying to smash

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yes, i know about DI and being able to buffer spotdodge/rolls

but does that mean that the c-stick doesn't need to be centered to read an input?

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
I've being playing the demo and project M Lucas seems awesome. My only concern is with the DJC. I really hate the new mechanics but I try to adapt myself (I used to press A and Y at the same time on the second jump). Now, my problem is that at the moment you attack during the second jump, lucas should instantly quit his upward momentum and start falling. Instead, he keeps his vertical momentum for some frames, making pretty damn difficult to acquire a short height (and so.. a faster attack). I realize you could press upward with the control stick to make it faster.. but seems like is only possible with u-air.. Can this be fixed? I see alot of potential in DJC fairs..

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
People still are going to do it anyways to make the LD code more widely usable, especially in other mods. Don't act like it being time consuming means anything.

Nobody would recreate Brawl into Melee, that would be way too time consuming.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I've being playing the demo and project M Lucas seems awesome. My only concern is with the DJC. I really hate the new mechanics but I try to adapt myself (I used to press A and Y at the same time on the second jump). Now, my problem is that at the moment you attack during the second jump, lucas should instantly quit his upward momentum and start falling. Instead, he keeps his vertical momentum for some frames, making pretty damn difficult to acquire a short height (and so.. a faster attack). I realize you could press upward with the control stick to make it faster.. but seems like is only possible with u-air.. Can this be fixed? I see alot of potential in DJC fairs..
Lucas' DJC was fully revamped in the patch......add that with landing detection and he is perfectly fine

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
Nice!! Yeah, He'll be pretty much a monster with a revamped DJC .. I don't even know how to canalize the amount of approaches he has xD

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Nice!! Yeah, He'll be pretty much a monster with a revamped DJC .. I don't even know how to canalize the amount of approaches he has xD
i know right!.....i laugh at all the people putting him at the bottom of their made up "demo tier list" lol

its a character with no metagame......what do they expect? smh

EDIT: @Smk: ah alright, well i'm guessin thats definitely on your guys' to do list?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i know right!.....i laugh at all the people putting him at the bottom of their made up "demo tier list" lol

its a character with no metagame......what do they expect? smh

EDIT: @Smk: ah alright, well i'm guessin thats definitely on your guys' to do list?
Everyone agrees on the reason why the new characters are seemingly worse. However with DJC's he may begin to rise up the demo-tier :cool:

Slashy

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's confusion causing tripping and the opponent to spin around would definitely look like someone who was confused.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Question about Lucario I seen the stream from saturday my question is how is that giant ball that looks like the spirit bomb from DBZ be done. I heard shanus say something or someone stated that he gains aura per hit on the opponent so just wondering how this is done is it just his Nuetral B + the aura hands or is it on a different button like downB where his counter is? because watching from the stream still seems like he has >B and ^B that are the same so again just wondering how its going to work exactly. any info would be great thank you.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
So he'll be able to do aerial --> neutral b cancel --> aerial for very little lag on aerials?

@ Clink, you press B + A at the same time

shanus

Smash Hero
So he'll be able to do aerial --> neutral b cancel --> aerial for very little lag on aerials?

@ Clink, you press B + A at the same time
Yes, but only on hit.

Close to the ground it can be used almost like a Float Cancel on hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom