• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Saying tools with lucas aren't there is just admitting your level of creativity just isn't as good as it needs to be to play lucas this early on. You just have to think outside of the box. Snake is pretty developed and i've came up with alot of trix to use but he is like the new falcon. You have to be better than the other person and outplay them completely to win.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Grim's Tier List:

S Tier:
Sheik/Zelda
Sheik
Fox
Falco
Ganondorf

A Tier:
Marth
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Sonic
Mr. Game & Watch
Mario
Lucas
Link

C Tier:
Captain Falcon
Snake

I put Sonic so high because I think he can be played REALLY gay as a defensive character, but no one has really done it yet. Zelda has amazing potential as well just due to the incredible amount of options she was given.

Sheik is amazing due to Brawl DI, and Falcon is crap because of it.

Lucas' downward air dodge cancel was taken into account for his placing.

Snake just doesn't seem to have that extra little thing to make him as good as the other characters. I felt the same way about Link, but he is very popular and I expect his metagame to develop quickly, hence his higher placing.

Everything about G&W just feels so perfect, but his metagame isn't developed enough to put him any higher.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Grim's Tier List:

S Tier:
Sheik/Zelda
Sheik
Fox
Falco
Ganondorf

A Tier:
Marth
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Sonic
Mario
Lucas
Captain Falcon

C Tier:
Snake

I put Sonic so high because I think he can be played REALLY gay as a defensive character, but no one has really done it yet. Zelda has amazing potential as well just due to the incredible amount of options she was given.

Snake just doesn't seem to have that extra little thing to make him as good as the other characters.
this actually seems pretty good but i would switch ganon with marth and put falcon right after sonic

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Saying tools with lucas aren't there is just admitting your level of creativity just isn't as good as it needs to be to play lucas this early on. You just have to think outside of the box. Snake is pretty developed and i've came up with alot of trix to use but he is like the new falcon. You have to be better than the other person and outplay them completely to win.
Sounds like a bad character(relatively speaking) to me, as that is applicable to Melee low tiers and most of the Brawl cast.

But still, the presence of the list above my post is silly.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Nice tier list Grim. Though I happen to agree with Sneak's changes... and idk about Jiggs being worse than Zelda.

And in regards to Lucas, he is definitely not the worst character in the demo. Nearly all of his aerials and zair make good approach options (and decent pressure), not to mention a variety of strong finishing moves and a lot of techniques unique to him.

I think we can all agree that Snake has the most glaring weaknesses in the demo cast. It doesn't make him a bad character though.

I like how in the time that it took you to make this post, you could have just looked up what gnarly meant. But I'm probably being trolled so its whatever.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'll be having a stream this Saturday (in the AM and early afternoon) for several characters. I will likely rep a rebuilt character who hasn't been shown in a while, too!

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'll be having a stream this Saturday (in the AM and early afternoon) for several characters. I will likely rep a rebuilt character who hasn't been shown in a while, too!
Ike? I heard his nair and fair were kinda broken with the l canceling.

Slashy

Smash Lord
^That just makes Ike have godly spacing, which is good against the spacies (pun intended)

I emailed Chris Rock and asked him to do voicing for Ike.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Grim's Tier List:

S Tier:
Sheik/Zelda
Sheik
Fox
Falco
Ganondorf

A Tier:
Marth
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Sonic
Mr. Game & Watch
Mario
Lucas
Link

C Tier:
Captain Falcon
Snake

Snake just doesn't seem to have that extra little thing to make him as good as the other characters. I felt the same way about Link, but he is very popular and I expect his metagame to develop quickly, hence his higher placing.

Everything about G&W just feels so perfect, but his metagame isn't developed enough to put him any higher.
Agree with Falcon being on the lower end but you're on crack if you think he's worse than Link, Lucas, and Mario.

his combos are lame but he can still DD camp the **** out of most of the cast. And he can still zero death a lot of characters pretty consistently.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I think you will have to make another demo, with 13 more characters at least. Because if you finish and put all the remaining characters at once, the balancing phase will be kinda difficult. Not to mention all the complaining and stuff.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I think you will have to make another demo, with 13 more characters at least. Because if you finish and put all the remaining characters at once, the balancing phase will be kinda difficult. Not to mention all the complaining and stuff.
That would take an additional like 6 months. Frankly, I want the patch to just be released. New physics > more characters. But that might be because I have 3 of my mains in the demo already.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this,
But there is a problem with that kind of thinking as well. Brawl and Melee were both finished products upon release and saw absolutely no change in all the years they were played. An inherent flaw of most fan-made material (primarily ongoing projects) that rely on feedback is their tendancy to get locked-up like Brawl+ did. Stalling true development and closure to instead spew out constant changes to desperately try to correct issues that may not exist (or may even be easily overcome in the future.) The inherent flaw of many ongoing project is the very fact that it IS ongoing. Anyway I'm rambling I suppose, and I'm sure the PM team already knows this because if they didn't their entire approach to the testing etc. would be dramatically different. Just my two cents I suppose.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I support this comment. I'd rather the demo be delayed further and have more characters.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
New Demo Characters : DK, Samus, Kirby?
just a thought if you guys are gunna add 3 characters :/

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I've played a lot of the characters in a more recent build and DK and Peach felt the most complete.

There's something with Peach that's wrong with her turnips, right? I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom