• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
You don't /have/ to use the menu changes. Just don't use the menu file.
I think my issues with this are twofold:

1. The rejection of all things relating to childhood fantasy in a world that is mostly based on childhood fantasies is outrageous. I like that sometimes in a video game I can play a cute teddy bear with a bird in its backpack. I also really enjoy a headshot followed by some voice chat trash talk and a virtual tea-bagging all over my opponent's blood-soaked visage. Everything has its place though, and I am just really annoyed at the video game community's attitude towards cute, especially when said cute is incredibly polished and stylized. Remember when Wind Waker came out? That was a total tragedy; a genius work of art panned by a community of high school sophomores who sit behind their computers reviewing games that haven't come out yet, and trashing them because they aren't dark enough. Take a Zoloft.

2. The rejection of all things Brawl is equally dumb. I can appreciate a distaste for the style of gameplay offered by Brawl, but even had Brawl used Melee's mechanics, I doubt they would have kept Melee's old models, or its menu, or the "fallen five," or stages, or anything else. Hardcore fans tend to think that (1)they are the only people who play the games in the series, and (2)sequels should be the last game plus new stuff, or basically expansion packs, which doesn't sell games.

I'm glad Project M is in development because it's really fun and I have enjoyed playing it a great deal, but if it were up to me, the goal would have been to make Brawl play in a way that rewards technical ability, good DI, and fast reaction times, not to completely dismantle Brawl and re-build SSBM on top of it. Even if that's not what you want to do, pretending that Brawl was some failure of a game when it has sold over 10 million copies, received rave reviews, and is by any objective definition an amazingly well-produced video game is just unbelievable. Sorry it wasn't the game you wanted it to be, but then you've never mattered really. This community has never mattered. I love competitive Smash but I also have a little perspective; the development team for Smash doesn't begrudge us this scene but ultimately we are not the target demo.

And the menus in Brawl look amazing, and the P:M menus look really unprofessional and badly drawn. :/

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Things are simpler than you may think.

Some people like, some people don't. I like Brawl's menu, don't get me wrong, but the game proposition is another now with PM, in my and many people's opinion, Brawl menu just doesn't fit.

Não precisas te preocupar apenas porque algumas pessoas podem preferir um menu diferente.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
The PM menu makes me think of stuff like hype, WOMBO COMBO, SCOOPS HAAGEN DASZ and comics. That's why I like it overall. Brawl menus are nice but a bit too white and clean. I mean what is this, the hospital?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The CSS menu looks fine currently, the only thing i will comment on is that the order of the characters IMO needs to changed. Having the Starfox characters before the LOZ characters on the second row just looks funny.

Also that menu shanus posted looks great.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I should have thought that. I Didn't even knew the meaning of "expatriado" LOL
dat google

Btw, shanus said vertexing, so the menu buttons are actually 3d models? That explains everything.

Only the main menu is like that? Or the whole thing?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes, the buttons are 3D models. However, IIRC if you vertex the buttons, they will just explode with vertices everywhere. That is what makes it hard to vertex them. All buttons are like that IIRC.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Minor code, but really awesome to see because Brawl sorts names in a rather irritating fashion.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Ha ha, le grille pain standard a aussi mit de l'effort sur ce code.

Mais je savais qu'il travaillais sur ça depuis longtemps :).

Je vous brille!

BinAly

Smash Apprentice

It is awesome what some little tweaking can to for the vBrawl Menu, didn't even change the shapes.

Ecks

Smash Lord
^ That looks really cool, is that a concept or did you actually change the menu? if so then you should get that on kc:mm.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not bad with the menu Shanus.
You should probably check the MiscDatas of the menu pac you are using.
You may find what you need to make a code that alters the location of the buttons.

It may be like how PW used one of the MiscDatas of the CSS to make the CSS Organizer.

shanus

Smash Hero
I think myself and the team are open to more menu concepts, especially if people learn how to vertex/remap buttons, we will gladly incorporate a more kickass menu if one arises.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
Oh, does anybody else have an issue with random stage selection? When I start a game with random stage choice, the game freezes. :/

I have 3 stage hacks that arent included in the P:M demo (one for Luigi's Mansion, one for Pictochat, and one for Green Hill Zone). They are installed properly, they work on manual stage selection, and brawl + random selection still works fine.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Cool over-all but I really hate the dark yellow color :x

Reminds me of earwax.

I'm probably just gonna stick to vBrawl menu anyway (if someone ever makes a PAL code, otherwise the menu doesn't really matter to me).

shanus

Smash Hero
I personally dislike the gold color, too drastic a change in palette. Grey or altered light blues would work better IMO.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys, would it be possible to get the code to the stale moves damage, but not knockback now? I mean, the DI stuff is stuff you're obviously very proud of and want to show off when the full patch comes out, but wouldn't it be okay to get this smaller code now?

Oh, and a tip on that menu, make the deeper yellow a more brown color to make it look richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom