• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Melee is not a complete fluke.

Do you really think NOBODY noticed that if you airdodge diagonally into the stage you travel a little bit of distance? Especially when the multiplayer aspect was likely tested with items, and it just so happens you can catch items with L/R? I use that as an example, I could just pull up a whole list of ATs and how easy they would be to catch, and remove.
There is no doubt people knew about that in developement, what i mean by fluke is that they had no idea the amount of complexity a simple mechanic like that could've added. Ironically it happened with brawl and stale moves, yes they knew about it and programed it but they wouldn't/couldn't have know that stale moves in brawl would have such an effect on kill potential, new chain-grabs, sheik ftilt etc.

I know you were trolling;), i just stated why sakurai is unfit for the next smash game, if it wants any chance of being good.

EDIT: also what gamedominator said, melee wasn't made to be competeitive, it just turned out to be really competitive

Anyways back on topic, i never did get an answer to whether you guys can keep it so both IC can grab the edge togrther, or will messing with the ledges not allow that anymore?

leelue

Smash Lord
1st off
moleman
I demand to know where you got your psydander avatar from

2nd
to play sonic
gimp like there is no tomorrow
even though your recovery is BONKERSTAINS play every stock like you are down by 2 and at 100. In other words, get as many unreasonable kills as possible.

spindash + c stick up = recovery if you can double jump.

Fair is unfair

If you can, try and spindash and wavedash out of it (preferably after hitting the enemy). You may need a frame or four of buffer to do so.

if you play against Mario and he fireball spams, hit the controller out his hand and kick it away. Now.

ALSO
I forgot to check back on the site at around 2100 pages, and when I came back, it was at 2140. It took me ****ING Forever to catch up. Sheesh.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
1st off
moleman
I demand to know where you got your psydander avatar from
I actually made it myself. If I have some free time I can probably brew one up for you if you want, just tell me the pokemon you want fused together.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Just throwin' the idea out there maybe you guys should change Sonic's voice to the old one because I hear he was GONNA be in Melee and chances are they'd use that one. Just a thought.

Also maybe a MGS1 Snake texture? Just thinking out loud.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
2nd
to play sonic
gimp like there is no tomorrow
even though your recovery is BONKERSTAINS play every stock like you are down by 2 and at 100. In other words, get as many unreasonable kills as possible.

spindash + c stick up = recovery if you can double jump.

Fair is unfair

If you can, try and spindash and wavedash out of it (preferably after hitting the enemy). You may need a frame or four of buffer to do so.

if you play against Mario and he fireball spams, hit the controller out his hand and kick it away. Now.
Thank you. Any sort of vBrawl AT's I should be using like Spin Shot or whatever?

Also I like your Mario advice. :)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Just throwin' the idea out there maybe you guys should change Sonic's voice to the old one because I hear he was GONNA be in Melee and chances are they'd use that one. Just a thought.

Also maybe a MGS1 Snake texture? Just thinking out loud.
Those are just .brsar edits and a texture. You can do that with your own Project M Demo if you'd like, but as far as I know, we will not edit Sonic's voice or add in a snake texture. Only textures that might be added are just team color edits.

leelue

Smash Lord
yeah the Mario matchup is hell on earth. Dismal at best.

Since I never learned the names for brawl ATs I can't help you there. I was under the impression that the "down b charge - hit c stick up" command was a spinshot. But what do I know.

If you know what RARing is, you can experiment with that. In the meantime, try to make sure you know how to get two hits out of the spindashwavedash (SDWD). it should do 16 or 17 damage.

I tend to run away an awful lot when I play, in an attempt to control the match by capitalizing on the enemy when they let me. This is by no means the universally accepted way to play, and this is useless against link, falco and Mario. Projectiles, man.

You have a few kill attacks but not a whole lot. Back and down throw lead to a lot of gimp worthy scenarios... and don't discount the homing attack or the spring.
Also the spring is a phenomenal get out of jail free card if you get caught. Just be sure to use an aerial immediately after so you can air dodge if need be.

That might be more than enough to get you started. Remember, Fair is unfair.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
yeah the Mario matchup is hell on earth. Dismal at best.

Since I never learned the names for brawl ATs I can't help you there. I was under the impression that the "down b charge - hit c stick up" command was a spinshot. But what do I know.

If you know what RARing is, you can experiment with that. In the meantime, try to make sure you know how to get two hits out of the spindashwavedash (SDWD). it should do 16 or 17 damage.

I tend to run away an awful lot when I play, in an attempt to control the match by capitalizing on the enemy when they let me. This is by no means the universally accepted way to play, and this is useless against link, falco and Mario. Projectiles, man.

You have a few kill attacks but not a whole lot. Back and down throw lead to a lot of gimp worthy scenarios... and don't discount the homing attack or the spring.
Also the spring is a phenomenal get out of jail free card if you get caught. Just be sure to use an aerial immediately after so you can air dodge if need be.

That might be more than enough to get you started. Remember, Fair is unfair.
If there was a legit P:M Sonic community, you could make a guide. :] What's a good follow up out of a dthrow? I usually try to bair but lately that doesn't seem to effective.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys!

I'd just like to say very well done to the P:M team for making this fantastic game! I'd also like to thank Plasia, Falco400 and StandardToaster for their help in getting usb loading to work (i'm a pal user).

One thing i was wondering was whether there was any plans to alter any of the other game modes, once the game was near completion? Perhaps even removing or altering the ability to grab items with aerial attacks, to bring back classic HRC batdrops? I do recall HRC and BtT being pretty popular, so pehaps little tweaks to those things could improve the appeal further?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys, at this rate, you might as well screw the patch and work on more important things. LOL
do you honestly think we're going to include the DI fix in the patch and not the final version? lol. releasing a patch isn't going to add much time to the total project time.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys, I'm here to congratulate you. You made my Brawl copy worth of something. It was literally accumulating dust on one of my shelves, but you managed to revive it.

Praises given, I want to know somethings:

Do you guys plan on working on the Ports Priority of Brawl? I don't know if it was already fixed, or if it can't be.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but in my early Brawl days, I've learned that the ports influenced a lot of things on Brawl, like simultaneous grabbing, and suicide K.O.s (Bowser and Ganondorf come to mind).

Revven

FrankerZ
Praises given, I want to know somethings:

Do you guys plan on working on the Ports Priority of Brawl? I don't know if it was already fixed, or if it can't be.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but in my early Brawl days, I've learned that the ports influenced a lot of things on Brawl, like simultaneous grabbing, and suicide K.O.s (Bowser and Ganondorf come to mind).
We will try to fix it if it's possible, but at the moment (and with previous tackles to it done by other coders a few years back) it doesn't look too likely.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
We will try to fix it if it's possible, but at the moment (and with previous tackles to it done by other coders a few years back) it doesn't look too likely.
Thanks for the answer. I imagined something like that would be very hard to fix (must be ingrained into the core of the engine).

shanus

Smash Hero
This patch plays amazing, its surprising to say, but its worlds better than the original release. You guys will be amazed :)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
This patch plays amazing, its surprising to say, but its worlds better than the original release. You guys will be amazed :)
And this post will trigger an outburst of people asking for the patch.
For now I just want more blog posts, they're fun to read and since I don't have a Wii, they let me "have a taste" of things I can't try yet.

shanus

Smash Hero
And this post will trigger an outburst of people asking for the patch.
For now I just want more blog posts, they're fun to read and since I don't have a Wii, they let me "have a taste" of things I can't try yet.
we still have a bunch more to do, though. we'll let everyone know when its ready, but it will be epic when its done

leelue

Smash Lord
@ blu link
after I down throw, if they are still on the stage, I usually wavedash to wherever the roll length for the enemy is and charge the down b. they have to get up at sometime, and if you do it right, its just about inescapable. I may employ another grab or a Fair as a mixup

offstage after a down throw, I just run off and try to kill them with fair. if not fair, nair. if not nair, spring. or bair or homing attack. Basically, sonic is a gimping monster.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
How could it be any better?!?!?

Hype hype. My personal predicted date? Within a year. Good window of opportunity, ample room to develop.

Want. :V

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
sorry, I don't have brawl available to me right now and cant try it out. is killing yourself a risk at all with the ledge-jump waveland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom