• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I finally played the demo and it was awesome.
At first, one of my friends kept complaining how "they changed Marth" and "there's too few characters", both of which struck me as weird since he's a Mario main and barely even touches other characters.
A couple of hours later he wouldn't shut up about how much Mario *****.

G&W+l-cancel is just great and uair is too good, his dthrow is also really fun to use.
Zelda's really good too, she still suffers from her incredibly slow grab, but has so much good stuff it didn't matter.
I love the new dair on grounded opponents.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Question: what is this patch thingy mentionned in the title of the thread? I think I've missed some things here...
There's a patch coming, that fixes a few things, physics related IIRC, and people keep asking if it's out, so they put that in the thread title.

shanus

Smash Hero
We will be starting an exciting blog series talking about some amazing discoveries we've made as of late which we will be posting up at some point in the next few days. Get hype :-)

GPDP

Smash Ace
We will be starting an exciting blog series talking about some amazing discoveries we've made as of late which we will be posting up at some point in the next few days. Get hype :-)
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

yudothis

Kati

Smash Lord
If PMBR did make a Metroid game, she would be treated with respect and not made uncharacteristically submissive...

I MIGHT dust off Wi-Fail considering I don't have anyone else to play atm.

I like this comment quite a bit.

Anyways, are there thoughts on Samus' grapple beam? will keep its power as an aerial attack or will it be completely stripped of use other than recovery?

Also, will Samus still have a higher jump WITHOUT the suit?? that aspect of brawl confused me.

Ecks

Smash Lord
*gets hyped*

-several internets were won-

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Also, will Samus still have a higher jump WITHOUT the suit?? that aspect of brawl confused me.
what's confusing about it? it's a power suit, it gives her jumps more power!

the extra floatiness from the suit, though, is confusing...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Oh hell yes, Wario looks great so far. Keep it up bros.
By the way, there is a classic Wario on Wario Ware Wario on Brawl Vault, so now we can have classic Wario by default, XD. So all we need is vertexes for each colour and just invert everything, XD.

Kati

Smash Lord
what's confusing about it? it's a power suit, it gives her jumps more power!

the extra floatiness from the suit, though, is confusing...
I like this comment quite a bit.

Anyways, are there thoughts on Samus' grapple beam? will keep its power as an aerial attack or will it be completely stripped of use other than recovery?

Ouch man, I even used caps lock. Yes, a power suit is supposed to give Samus a higher jump (as evidenced by the high jump boots), but in Brawl, zss has a greater jump height than varia suit samus.

abcool

Smash Ace
Question for the P:M backroom concerning Samus. I know you guys ported physics str8 from melee which is great, but melee had 3 different versions out and although some changes were minor in the 3 they also changed a few characters. Samus is one of em. in V 1.0 it's harder to wiggle out of samus's up-b were as in 1.2 it's much easier..i saw the sheik in the vid wiggle out very easily..Anyway, i think it would make more sense for samus to have her V1.0 up-b if you are gonna port it over, seeing as it's the best version of the move..or just keep the brawl version, anything over that useless 1.2 version.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hugs definitly makes it look useful in 1.2. It's still good, it's just an even better move in 1.0. I agree she should get the 1.0 version though.

abcool

Smash Ace
Hugs definitly makes it look useful in 1.2. It's still good, it's just an even better move in 1.0. I agree she should get the 1.0 version though.
I think hugs does alot worst when he plays v1.2 Floaties love that 1.2 samus..it's crazy how that move gets nerfed in that version.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We're almost always going to go with the best version of a move that a character has in various versions.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Ouch man, I even used caps lock. Yes, a power suit is supposed to give Samus a higher jump (as evidenced by the high jump boots), but in Brawl, zss has a greater jump height than varia suit samus.
!! i see! i completely misread your post!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I just want to say that it is also possible that the character doesn't actually have the best version because it was just not added yet. Some you see in the streams are far from finalized. I was not aware of the difference, but if it is better, I think PMBR will use it. Samus can use some subtle boosts.

abcool

Smash Ace
We're almost always going to go with the best version of a move that a character has in various versions.
Ahh! Nice to know. Another question is stage spikes in P:M seem to kill at really early percents. Can someone explain why it can kill someone at those percents? If that question has been answered..can someone direct me to it. Thanks.

Edit: Yea, they said that all characters got there physics from melee already, just not finished. Samus looks like melee samus save the LD. An when sheik was above her and the cmart guy Up-Bed Sheik kinda just wiggled out, which would be harder with the 1.0 version because it finishes a little faster. Samus only needs a few tweaks imo. I main her in melee and i can say sheik and marth are the only characters that make me have to think really hard. Sheik is stupid because her needles can go through EVERYTHING samus has and Marth just needs to get her in the air...plus his range > hers.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
I probably missed this but, is PMBR going to release all the rest of the characters at the same time or just release them in groups as they're finished with them?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
@Shenanigans: They are aiming for no extras until final release.

And I saw Zero Suit in the saved streams, and I can tell her beam seems to match close (Slightly slower so you can catch up to it) to her running speed so she can use it as a pressure tool. I really like this.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Question for the P:M backroom concerning Samus. I know you guys ported physics str8 from melee which is great, but melee had 3 different versions out and although some changes were minor in the 3 they also changed a few characters. Samus is one of em. in V 1.0 it's harder to wiggle out of samus's up-b were as in 1.2 it's much easier..i saw the sheik in the vid wiggle out very easily..Anyway, i think it would make more sense for samus to have her V1.0 up-b if you are gonna port it over, seeing as it's the best version of the move..or just keep the brawl version, anything over that useless 1.2 version.
I didn't know this. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to look into it.

Sheik is stupid because her needles can go through EVERYTHING samus has
That no longer happens btw. Sheik's needles cannot stop a full charge shot in Project M.

jalued

Smash Lord
I didn't know this. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to look into it.

That no longer happens btw. Sheik's needles cannot stop a full charge shot in Project M.
thats not all they dont stop... they also cant prioratise against recoveries anymore either, meaning their edgeguarding potential has diminshed, meaning sheik will do worse vs spacies

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Can't Sheik still edgeguard with like every other move in her arsenal?

Not that keeping her needle gimping abilities would be bad.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The thing about Samus' up-b in 1.0 is solely based on how you can't SDI moves that do less than 1% in 1.0 and 1.1, due to those moves having no hitlag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom