• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
the snake one wasnt great, but then i guess people havnt played snake for more than a few months. Bet there are better combos out there though...
cubaisdeath has like 20 combos on his youtube with snake that are epic

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
lolz. Wait until early Feb like the rest of us :3

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i feel like the clips chosen for us were underwhelming :(
well I've seen some better clips but I just havent' downloaded them. It was kind of a last minute decision to add them in to a melee trailer...idk...I think aside from graphics and such they blended well. After thinking about on it I could've put some spacie clips in or something. Still it's better than nothing ;).

shanus

Smash Hero
Something is not always better than nothing lol, but I appreciate you attempting to publicize PM. Next time, a little more effort though couldn't hurt

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The Snake clip wasn't that interesting because, to someone not familiar with PM, it didn't look too different from regular Snake, and it didn't show off the physics changes either.

But the Ganondorf/MK clip was very good for demonstrating "not-Brawl".

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Something is not always better than nothing lol, but I appreciate you attempting to publicize PM. Next time, a little more effort though couldn't hurt
-_-.......ok

The Snake clip wasn't that interesting because, to someone not familiar with PM, it didn't look too different from regular Snake, and it didn't show off the physics changes either.

But the Ganondorf/MK clip was very good for demonstrating "not-Brawl".
ok that makes sense. I guess I shouldn't take for granted that when I put "project m tourney" people know what it is.

Jonas

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if they know it is PM or not. The point is that the Snake clips looks a lot like something that could be done in Brawl. Not inherently a bad thing, since Brawl and Melee are similar in some ways, but cool fast-faller combos would be much more hype.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It doesn't matter if they know it is PM or not. The point is that the Snake clips looks a lot like something that could be done in Brawl. Not inherently a bad thing, since Brawl and Melee are similar in some ways, but cool fast-faller combos would be much more hype.
I didn't know snake had an uppercut in brawl....I didn't even know you could tech in brawl but then again I don't play it.

If you want a P:M video I wouldn't mind doing something with it. That was pretty much a melee video though with P:M getting an honorable mention.

LLDL

Smash Hero
So will we be able to land on our knees by pound? That would set it off.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i have a feeling Shanus is gonna make the "big announcement" during the interview :X (if not, he should lol)

*mad hyped

Locke3

Smash Rookie
Super hyped, as well.
Once this comes out, me and a bunch of my friends are going over someones house, and playing the CAPTAIN FALCON outta it.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Guys...quit bashing Spam_arrow's video so much.
How is constructive criticism bashing? They would've been bashing it if all they said was "it sucks, take the video off," but instead they said "it's not as good as it could be, so here's what you could do to make it better."

Sorry, but I get tired of people confusing constructive criticism with bashing and even trolling. Reminds me of all the Nostalgia Critic/Spoony/TGWTG fans who cry foul at any tiny bit of criticism aimed at their idols and call it "trolling."

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Roy obviously had the most work until now as he was used to test progress of the clone engine by Dantarion. He even has his original counter pose.

It's natural that people think that the ? is Roy, but unfortunately, nothing conclusive by the PMBR yet about roy :/

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Roy obviously had the most work until now as he was used to test progress of the clone engine by Dantarion. He even has his original counter pose.

It's natural that people think that the ? is Roy, but unfortunately, nothing conclusive by the PMBR yet about roy :/
I'm not sure how to word this, but I thought that the ? represented the existence of the clone engine and the possibility of the missing vets returning.

Moving on, I'm still hyped, just jaded due to Sakurai.

Stay Cool.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i have a feeling Shanus is gonna make the "big announcement" during the interview :X (if not, he should lol)

*mad hyped
Wait, so you're assuming the big announcement he mentioned wasn't the demo, or Project M at Pound 5?

Revven

FrankerZ
Sorta hype for me. As long as they fix Falco
We've said a bazillion times that you shouldn't base any opinion on a leaked and outdated version of the mod. So anything that might have felt "off" (excluding landing detection oriented things) should be fixed by the time the demo is released. Just look at the rvn on the site to see how many changes we're making a day (be it something small or big, it's a lot).

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how to word this, but I thought that the ? represented the existence of the clone engine and the possibility of the missing vets returning.

Moving on, I'm still hyped, just jaded due to Sakurai.

Stay Cool.
I didn't quite understood well the connection between this and my post. Ahm... I said that it may or may not be Roy, but it's plausible that the ? may represent all of the veterans.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
We've said a bazillion times that you shouldn't base any opinion on a leaked and outdated version of the mod. So anything that might have felt "off" (excluding landing detection oriented things) should be fixed by the time the demo is released. Just look at the rvn on the site to see how many changes we're making a day (be it something small or big, it's a lot).
I'm not basing anything on a leak; I'm mainly basing it on the fact that I was told LD wasn't going to be fixed in the demo at P 5. IIRC, that was a big problem that changed a lot of Falco's most important things like SHL, and wavedashing out of shine.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm not basing anything on a leak; I'm mainly basing it on the fact that I was told LD wasn't going to be fixed in the demo at P 5. IIRC, that was a big problem that changed a lot of Falco's most important things like SHL, and wavedashing out of shine.
Yeah... but it doesn't make him feel unplayable or suddenly "unlike" Melee Falco. It just makes things unnecessarily tighter (as in frame tight) to do.

There isn't going to be some miracle within the next week that makes us able to fix LD, I apologize.

Also I apologize for assuming you had actually played the game.

Revven

FrankerZ
Errr.... we did say early Feb (anywhere from the 1st-15th at least is early Feb and it has to be before Pound 5) so that shouldn't be a surprise to see me saying "next week" in a sentence like that.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Errr.... we did say early Feb (anywhere from the 1st-15th at least is early Feb and it has to be before Pound 5) so that shouldn't be a surprise to see me saying "next week" in a sentence like that.
But see, you also said late January, which meant it could have come earlier. At least we have someone of a date now :p

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yeah... but it doesn't make him feel unplayable or suddenly "unlike" Melee Falco. It just makes things unnecessarily tighter (as in frame tight) to do.

There isn't going to be some miracle within the next week that makes us able to fix LD, I apologize.

Also I apologize for assuming you had actually played the game.
LD??????? what is LD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom