• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
WHY IS ROUGE NAKED

And why does she look like a white Mickey Mouse?

But more importantly WHY IS ROUGE NAKED

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
sigh can we please get back to talking about smash and get out of the Horror of McDonald sonic collection ...

Is there going to be anymore streams anytime soon? Also what kind of work has been done to pit?

also what control style would you guys recommend when trying to do the adv techs (like wd, L-Cancel etc). Do you recommend Melee's style of control or do you use the custom controls from brawl. Like I make Z my short hop and X my grab button. j/w what the majority of the users use.

Ibuprofen

Smash Rookie
I tried asking this a couple days ago but a flame war broke out after my post =\

Were any changes made to Ganondorf's up tilt, or did it remain the same?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Pit was in like one match in the last stream (I think it was jcaesars). I remember them saying that he was basically brawl + Pit in melee, so not much has been done to him.

Revven

FrankerZ
Our focus is on getting the demo polished as possible so you guys are as happy as possible with it thus, no work is being done on characters outside of the demo.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I am proud to announce that Show Me Your News, Smashboards' own original podcast that covered the pre-Brawl hype for 35 straight weeks, will soon be interviewing Shanus, Strong Bad, and Dantarion on all things Project M!

DATE: Sunday, January 30th
TIME: 2:30 PM Eastern
LIVESTREAM: http://www.livestream.com/smyn

Ask live questions, hear inside info on the project, and indulge in your Project M fandom! Plus, get your gaming news fix, as we'll also discuss the Nintendo 3DS and much more!

I thank those involved with Project M for coming to us, those with strong Smashboards roots, for this opportunity. If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself, TheBuzzSaw, Shanus, Strong Bad, and Dantarion.

For information on the podcast, please visit here: http://www.showmeyournews.com/

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
hype

I am proud to announce that Show Me Your News, Smashboards' own original podcast that covered the pre-Brawl hype for 35 straight weeks, will soon be interviewing Shanus, Strong Bad, and Dantarion on all things Project M!

DATE: Sunday, January 31st

Ask live questions, hear inside info on the project, and indulge in your Project M fandom! Plus, get your gaming news fix, as we'll also discuss the Nintendo 3DS and much more!

I thank those involved with Project M for coming to us, those with strong Smashboards roots, for this opportunity. If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself, TheBuzzSaw, Shanus, Strong Bad, and Dantarion.

For information on the podcast, please visit here: http://www.showmeyournews.com/
hype^2

Rappster

Smash Ace

DATE: Sunday, January 30th

as far as 18th birrthday presents go, thats pretty neat.
i hope i'm homefrom church by then

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The only problem with including Dream Greens is that it looks so similar to Green Greens that it might be confusing. Otherwise, I don't mind.

Also:

lmao. Even I have used a floppy disk in my childhood. I played computer games from the floppy card at elementary school.

EDIT: inb4floppydisksconfirmedforprojectm

KindKing

Smash Cadet
i am proud to announce that show me your news, smashboards' own original podcast that covered the pre-brawl hype for 35 straight weeks, will soon be interviewing shanus, strong bad, and dantarion on all things project m!

Date: Sunday, january 30th
time: 2:30 pm eastern
livestream: http://www.livestream.com/smyn

ask live questions, hear inside info on the project, and indulge in your project m fandom! Plus, get your gaming news fix, as we'll also discuss the nintendo 3ds and much more!

I thank those involved with project m for coming to us, those with strong smashboards roots, for this opportunity. If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself, thebuzzsaw, shanus, strong bad, and dantarion.

major hype^

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
.txt file will not be included thanks to the efforts of some douchebag leakers.
I beg you to reconsider. There are some codes you've made that are just so elaborate and different than anything out there, and some of these codes will not see the light of day as stand alone codes otherwise.

Also, I don't see how leakers have any effect on the outcome of the .txt being released with the final product. I'm not criticizing or anything, I just want to understand the logic behind that.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
I beg you to reconsider. There are some codes you've made that are just so elaborate and different than anything out there, and some of these codes will not see the light of day as stand alone codes otherwise.

Also, I don't see how leakers have any effect on the outcome of the .txt being released with the final product. I'm not criticizing or anything, I just want to understand the logic behind that.
Only for the demo, the full release will have a text file. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

And the demo isn't being released with a text file because they want to keep their codes under wraps in case they tweak things, remove things, etc; pretty much, they don't want things to be misconstrued when people start asking questions about "why isn't this here" or "why is this". Also, protection of certain codes that can easily be used without permission. Dant and the others are working hard on coding, and if someone just took them for their own without permission (which has happened), well that wouldn't be very keen.

Also, it's partially about professssionalism.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Only for the demo, the full release will have a text file. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

And the demo isn't being released with a text file because they want to keep their codes under wraps in case they tweak things, remove things, etc; pretty much, they don't want things to be misconstrued when people start asking questions about "why isn't this here" or "why is this". Also, protection of certain codes that can easily be used without permission. Dant and the others are working hard on coding, and if someone just took them for their own without permission (which has happened), well that wouldn't be very keen.

Also, it's partially about professssionalism.
See, that I am fine with. I really wouldn't WANT the codes, anyway, unless it was with the finished product. Otherwise, you're getting unfinished code.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889

because all someone needs is a .txt to convert into a .GCT and then leak it even more. like for example the HBC cheat manager which is used to upload/manage .gct files or rather the specifics of a code.

Like lets say for example I have B+ 7.0.3 and I want to imput Melee air dodge or rather Deadlands Luigi's mansion. All I would need to do is take the .txt file edit it to the code I want go into the Manager and convert to a .gct.

The bottom line is they're trying to contain it because even just releasing the .txt codes would make it far too easy for people to distribute and could end up ruining the games/Devs reputation. Once its out to the public its basically free for all and really hard to contain it into one place.

in lame mans terms .txt sharing = leak = fail of the game due it not being completed.

thats the way I see it though.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i think the example given was

1) txt released
2) player mods css/sss to add in removed characters/stages
3) removed characters/stages are unfinished
4) player complains that removed characters/stages are unfinished and gets bad impression
5) ???
6) iunno, but definitely not profit

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
i think the example given was

1) txt released
2) player mods css/sss to add in removed characters/stages
3) removed characters/stages are unfinished
4) player complains that removed characters/stages are unfinished and gets bad impression
5) ???
6) iunno, but definitely not profit
^ basically

kaizo13

Smash Champion
dam that vid makes me want to make a P:M highlights video x_X

so much good footage out there already

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Anything awesome, pretty much.
Just scan recent streams or something would be my guess, try to keep to using Demo-Included characters.
-DD
dam that vid makes me want to make a P:M highlights video x_X

so much good footage out there already

If you wish I can do a Video for the P:M Demo showing something cool for each character.

Octave

Smash Ace
If you wish I can do a Video for the P:M Demo showing something cool for each character.
Hey, what if instead you did individual character videos like how Capcom is releasing feature videos for the characters in MvC3. That would be really cool. :D

inb4whydontyoudoityourself

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Hey, what if instead you did individual character videos like how Capcom is releasing feature videos for the characters in MvC3. That would be really cool. :D

inb4whydontyoudoityourself
not really I could do it similar to how I was starting to do my marth vids. Introducing new marth mains or marth's that were becoming apart of my legacy series...I stopped because it got flooded. LOL....so much for Marth being dead.

examples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGy6CuX3Z6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQRoICT0tfk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom