• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octave

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to move the bones but set it under a condition? Something like:

If airborne, then bones are in Y position.
If grounded, then bones are in X position.

That'd probably be a **** ton of code, though :/

Ulevo

Smash Master
While solving landing detection would be nice, I'd much prefer it if Brawl's DI was fixed. Landing detection mostly affects a few select techniques from what I understand, and just alters the timing of button inputs for certain movements slightly. Brawl's DI is whack though.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
guys, I think it would be a great idea to post a video of landing detection on the OP, the question comes up faster than anyone can answer
Edit:
I've seen some discussion about DL64 vs DG vs DL64 (FrozenHobo)

Dream Greens is exactly the same size as my DL64, only the lower part is bigger. But collisions fit perfectly, and resizing the base to fit the exact DL64 collisions would be easy to me.

What I mean is, even not resizing the bottom part to fit the collisions, the stage works fine with DL64's collisions, which are included in the file, but not enabled (brawlbox users would easily enable it). An option, in my opinion, would be switching DL64 with Metal Cavern, and Metal Cavern with FoD. This way, we would have DL64 and DG in the same spot, with a button activation and no needs to use Dantarion's ASL. FoD would be over Green Greens (good for music purposes). And Metal Cavern would be over Mario Bros, another good choice in terms of music and stage selection icons.

So, what you think about my proposal?
This man is a genius.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
guys, I think it would be a great idea to post a video of landing detection on the OP, the question comes up faster than anyone can answer
I think the posted videos of Ganondorf and Captain Falcon pretty much display the landing detection thing. Whenever they perform a d-air, their feet don't pass through a platform very readily. In Melee you could d-air through a platform.

The melee air dodge/wavedashing vid up on the Project M channel on Youtube I think also displays it quite nicely.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm sure that a little more than half of my 1GB SD card is made up of music. I don't think it'll be a problem.

That and I have a 2GB SD card just in case anyways.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
And we would need two alterations of Dreamland because....?
Because some people want the classic one and some people want the 3D one, and this gives the option to provide both without any additional coding, effort, or changes.

Plus, they have that slot that provides 2 stages anyway, so they may as well make use of it instead of putting the same stage there twice.

Ecks

Smash Lord
wow that melee mario vertex is 100% spot on! it's terrible what they did to mario in brawl imo, it doesn't even feel like I'm looking at him.

mario + seriousness = fail

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Maybe he meant 2 MB...

YES..

TWO MEGABYTE SD CARD.

WHAT NOW, SAKURAI?!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
lmao. Even I have used a floppy disk in my childhood. I played computer games from the floppy card at elementary school.

EDIT: inb4floppydisksconfirmedforprojectm

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I said 512MB because thats 1/4 of a 2gb SD card, which most people have.

Thats why I said that. We don't want to make it so people have to delete a bunch of **** to get Project M on their card.

However, for people with an actual disc, Riivolution will support USB devices, making it simple to get a USB stick with 512mb of free space

GPDP

Smash Ace
Ugh, my Wii is beginning to get DRE's with Brawl, so even if I wanted to cope with longer loading times and less convenience, USB loading is pretty much my only option.

Any idea if USB Loaders will support Riivolution in the future, or vice versa?

Edit: Guess not. From my research, it looks like the Riivolution team is hardcore anti-piracy, so even disc backups are out of the question.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I really need to switch over from HBC->Gecko OS loading to Riivolution. Just more convenient and I'm eventually going to need it.

GPDP

Smash Ace
im 16 and i know what a floppy disk is i have a reader for one in my PC right now and its a quad core
Not me. If for whatever reason I ever need to use a floppy disk, I got a perfectly good USB external floppy drive. No need to clutter my PC case with ancient technology.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
as long as he doesn't compromise the balance amongst the high tier class that made Melee so great.
Fox has no bad match-ups :awesome:

The way I see it, it's pretty hard for a small character with long range, fast moves, and 5 jumps to be bad.
Brawl Jigglypuff.

if you want be good with MK, you must train with him.
Wait, so you don't have to train with MK to be good at him in Brawl? That's a bit of an over-statement, don't you think? o_O

...The Apprentice?

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so you don't have to train with MK to be good at him in Brawl? That's a bit of an over-statement, don't you think? o_O
nah MK does everythin by himself, seriously he also gimps recoveries by himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom